Photo

Kentucky or Kansas?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Kentucky or Kansas? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Kentucky (11 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. Kansas (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,368 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 07:41 PM

Too bad my huskies can't compete in the tournament next season.....
Posted Image

#22 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Didn't have a team in this final but in a way glad Kentucky won because maybe Cal wlll go to the NBA now and those recruits will go other places.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm not going to be one of those Kansas fans that sits there and hesitates to criticize the team, talking about how sad this [expletive] is, etc. They cut the lead to five, had a chance to close in, but had three consecutive mistakes (horrible turnover, a potential steal that they decided to let go out of bounds - until UK grabbed the ball, and a bad travel by Johnson because he was afraid of Davis). That's at least six points and the lead, if they could score buckets on each of those, but KU has been consistent only with their small (yet, large in magnitude) mistakes throughout the game.

The one thing I said over and over again was that Kentucky was not going to be a team that KU wants to be down against...not by 18-19 points. I knew they would see a gap, and make a very good attempt at jumping it (because that's what we always do, in the second half), but our offense has been horrid through the entire tournament, compared to what we had been doing throughout the regular season.

Robinson and Taylor came in and did their thing...about 30 minutes too late. We needed consistency throughout the game, and it wasn't there. They were the two guys I feared would lose this game for us, and they really did.

Withey did extremely well making sure Davis didn't get any easy buckets, held him to 1-10 shooting...and Robinson did great on the glass. I thought Releford did a wonderful job on Kidd-Gilchrist (which I expected). Other than that, though...nothing else is worth mentioning, aside from Kentucky being a great team.

#24 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Kentucky played a phenomenal game hats off to them. Kansas made a good effort at the end to claw their way back. Glad Calipari got a championship

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#25 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,647 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 21, 2012 - 02:02 PM

KY 7 + 1 = 8

www.twitter.com/ukuga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users