Photo

Kentucky or Kansas?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Kentucky or Kansas? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Kentucky (11 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. Kansas (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 31, 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have Kentucky winning, and I think they will just due to superior talent. But I'll be rooting for Kansas...

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,354 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 31, 2012 - 08:08 PM

JAY HAWKS

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2012 - 09:19 PM

If anyone in this tourney is able to do it, it will be Kansas because there's no better player to defend Anthony Davis than Jeff Withey. Sullinger will be the first to say it, and Withey may be one of the most underrated players in the tourney.

Kansas tries to reserve their energy for the second half of games, purposely. They run a simple offense and defense, then go into the half and adjust (making Bill Self one of the best coaches in the NCAA). I have a feeling Kentucky will try and take advantage of that, though.

Let me put it this way: the last time KU beat North Carolina in the tourney, it was in the Final Four...and they went on to beat the John Calipari-coached Memphis Tigers (the best team in the regular season, with D-Rose) to win the 2008 championship. Memphis was undefeated that season, until that championship game, if I recall correctly.

This time around, they took out Roy Williams and UNC again, knocked off Ohio State, and now, they are going against Calipari and what is said to be the complete team, only this time, it's Kentucky.

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:02 PM

memphis should not have lost that game CDR and rose failed so hard at the FT line. they could have closed that. i think its time for Calipari to win it all. he has to. there has been something in the way of that, but i think marcus camby....i mean anthony davis will be the guy to help him do it.

though i will say robinson is a physical freak
Posted Image

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Gonna go with Kansas.

Kentucky has the better talent but Kansas seems like they want it more

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:15 PM

The crazy thing is, our two best players (supposedly) are not playing as good and consistent as they should be. Tyshawn Taylor and Thomas Robinson...Taylor has had one good game in the tourney, and Robinson only has a decent half in every game.

Any word on Kidd-Gil's injury? :o

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:39 PM

memphis should not have lost that game CDR and rose failed so hard at the FT line. they could have closed that. i think its time for Calipari to win it all. he has to. there has been something in the way of that, but i think marcus camby....i mean anthony davis will be the guy to help him do it.

though i will say robinson is a physical freak

Yup, I remember as well. That was basically the key to that game.

Speaking of CDR, shame he's not in the league anymore.

Lmao @ the Marcus Camby comparison. I hadn't heard that from anybody else except from myself until you right here. Haha.. great minds do sometimes think alike.

Edited by    , March 31, 2012 - 10:40 PM.

yo.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Davis can be a better scorer than Camby. Don't forget, he actually was a 6-1 PG just three years ago. He can be a hell of an offensive player.

#9 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,346 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:49 PM

of course he can, dude is a beast ^^

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,400 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:49 PM

The other thing Davis has going for him that Camby didn't is that he's got a future outside of basketball. He's got model potential written all over him (no Amaechi).

Posted Image

yo.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 01, 2012 - 06:51 AM

leaning Kentucky

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 06:53 AM

If anyone in this tourney is able to do it, it will be Kansas because there's no better player to defend Anthony Davis than Jeff Withey. Sullinger will be the first to say it, and Withey may be one of the most underrated players in the tourney.

Kansas tries to reserve their energy for the second half of games, purposely. They run a simple offense and defense, then go into the half and adjust (making Bill Self one of the best coaches in the NCAA). I have a feeling Kentucky will try and take advantage of that, though.

Let me put it this way: the last time KU beat North Carolina in the tourney, it was in the Final Four...and they went on to beat the John Calipari-coached Memphis Tigers (the best team in the regular season, with D-Rose) to win the 2008 championship. Memphis was undefeated that season, until that championship game, if I recall correctly.

This time around, they took out Roy Williams and UNC again, knocked off Ohio State, and now, they are going against Calipari and what is said to be the complete team, only this time, it's Kentucky.

To add to this...Releford won't be dominated by MKG. He may have trouble, but this isn't going to be LeBron James in an Ohio State uniform, either.

Self is going to have to be aware of his rotations when Kentucky subs in and out. They will come with guns blazing when Teahan is in the game. I really hope Releford and Johnson get a LOT of time on the floor together, and maybe Self even tries Young on MKG (if Releford gets into foul trouble).

I don't think Davis will be as good as everything believes, by the way. Not against Withey.

I'm most worried about the other three on the court for Kentucky. Jones and Lamb could easily get theirs.

I just hope to God that Taylor lets Teague chuck, if he soaks in the spotlight a bit too much. That's really the one thing I'm hoping to see out of Kentucky, and honestly, that could open the door for a Kansas run.

The idea is that it will be a cakewalk. Everyone said the same thing with Calipari's 38-1 (going into the game) Memphis team that we beat in 2008, that there was no way we were going to beat Rose, CDR and Dorsey. Memphis won every previous game in the tourney with EASE, minus the second round, where Calipari decided to flirt with the rotations and get his guys rest.

Kentucky may have more star power than that Tigers squad, and over many squads over the years...but Louisville made them play hard for 40 minutes, and so did Indiana.

The difference between Kansas and Louisville? KU plays nearly the same level of defense, but they are a much better scoring team...and if Louisville didn't shoot 35% and completely drop the ball on the offensive end, they could have won.

#13 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:05 AM

I would be very happy if kansas won, but kentucky might win this one easily

#14 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted April 02, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Bill Self is extremely underrated as a coach IMO. But if he wants this championship, he can't let Kentucky just run rampant and then hope to make a comeback in the second half. Kentucky thrives on easy baskets and if you take the pressure off those guys and give them a lead, it could get ugly. With that said, the Kansas players probably know that , as does Self, if the game is close, it will be very interesting to see what adjustments are made.

Edited by serenityy, April 02, 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#15 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,122 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 02, 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm going with KU just because I can't stand John Calipari.. I don't know why either

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#16 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Kansas is trying to run with Kentucky??? FAIL
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#17 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,346 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted April 02, 2012 - 05:47 PM

Kentucky [expletive]es!!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#18 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 02, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Any doubt Kensucky gonna win it?

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 07:36 PM