Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 374 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 30, 2012 - 09:55 AM

ESPN - Brown still trying to get Session's integrated

Posted Image

Sessions burst onto the scene in L.A. as his point total increased in each of his first four games with the Lakers, culminating with 20 points and 11 assists against Portland in his first start. His last two games haven’t been as special, as he averaged just 7.0 points, 4.5 assists and 4.0 turnovers as L.A. went 1-1 against the Golden State Warriors and the Thunder.

“[Sessions] still in search mode a little bit,” Lakers coach Mike Brown said Thursday.

“He’s with a different group now. Before, coming in with the second unit, he had a little bit of freedom or whatever to just go out and play the game and not worry about taking too many shots or not getting the guys enough touches in the right spot."

"It’s going to take a little bit of time for him to figure out how he can continue to help us.”

Sessions’ addition has already been a sight for sore eyes for the Lakers’ offense as his penetration and ball handling ability has resulted in easy layups at the rim. He may have bucked the learning curve with his instant success upon arrival, but now that Sessions has the additional challenge of fitting his personal offense in while still getting Bryant, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum touches, it’s important he gets comfortable with that balance as quickly as possible.

“I’m still getting there,” Sessions said. “It’s not one of those things that’s 100 percent yet, but that’s no excuse at all … It’s definitely a whole new thing for me with everybody – with Bynum, with Pau, with Kob’ – it’s definitely one of those things you have to get familiar with. It’s not going to happen overnight. Just keep grinding.”

This quote from Mike Brown:

"Before, coming in with the second unit, he had a little bit of freedom or whatever to just go out and play the game and not worry about taking too many shots or not getting the guys enough touches in the right spot."

"It’s going to take a little bit of time for him to figure out how he can continue to help us."

So basically... Ramon Sessions played a lot better when he was given freedom, but when he started learning the Mike Brown ISO... I mean offensive playbook... he's now in "search mode" and not sure how he can help his team?

:|

Edited by Jordan-esque, March 30, 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:01 AM

Mike Brown needs to leave or become an assistant. Nate McMillan please.

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:12 AM

Im starting to hate Mike Brown.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Larry Brown please :D
Posted Image

#5 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:24 AM

ITT we rant on Mike Brown vomit-worthy coaching.

Honestly, this guy is a tool. And this OKC game just proved it. His lineups, rotations, adjustments, everything he did. It's like he's a double agent. He has to be. No one can suck this bad purposely.

Playing Steve Blake 18 mins against Russel Westbrook? You'd think he'd bench him the moment Derek Fisher starts lighting him up. But no, he instead keeps him on and allows what should be our past problems to once again defeat us. Ramon should be getting on average 36 mpg. More when someone like Westbrooke is in town. He has the stamina and body to do so and it's for the betterment of the team that Steve Blake gets the least amount of minutes possible. This means Goudelock should get a run at the point aswell.

I just can't emphasize how bad Steve Blake is. In general and for this team. His defense, decision-making, shooting, are all horrendous. Oh, did I mention defense? :eh:

The same goes for Mike Brown. At one piont we had a lineup of Blake/MWP/Barnes/Mcroberts/Pau! In what basketball world is this lineup applicable!? Not only does that lineup have 4 forwards and a pathetic guard, Ramon Sessions, Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum are all on the bench simultaneously whilst the lineup on the floor is blowing the lead.

I blame Mike Brown and Steve Blake for the loss. And a tad on Kobe, Gasol and Metta. But Sessions? The only time he looked like a liability is when Westbrook got his first basket. From then on he held his ground against one of the most dangerous PGs this league has ever seen. He was not in search mode, not once did he show signs of it. So :censored: Mike Brown.

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,538 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:25 AM

#7 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:27 AM

I dont feel good with the coach still experimenting 12 games before the playoffs
Posted Image

#8 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 374 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sessions running a Jerry Sloan pick n' roll offense with Bynum and Gasol (ala Stockton/Malone) will take him out of "search mode".

#9 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Mike Brown is always going to be in [expletive]ing search mode.
Hes the one whos searching for what the [expletive] to do.
Makes me sick.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#10 Kid Clutch

Kid Clutch

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Black Mamba

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:44 AM

#11 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:49 AM

I've hated Mike Brown from the start.

Posted Image

#12 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,213 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:49 AM

inb4 Mike Brown apologists.

hR3rI.png

#13 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:53 AM

sessions figured out how to help us the moment he first stepped on the court

bw1wOGf.png

#14 shooterdp33

shooterdp33

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Mike Brown is always going to be in [expletive]ing search mode.
Hes the one whos searching for what the [expletive] to do.
Makes me sick.

Could not agree more! :vomit:

#15 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I've hated Mike Brown from the start.

I didn't hate. I was absolutely against the signing ofcourse. But I gave him a shot. He showed some promise in the first couple of games. Then just sucked as expected from then on.

#16 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Sessions needs to come off the bench. Not a reflection of him as a player, but of our team's needs and fit.

#17 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted March 30, 2012 - 11:11 AM

What an awful excuse. It's really as simple as telling the guys to run pick-and-roll more often and to set better screens. It's that simple. Ditch the post-entry with Bynum creating out of the low post, we don't need that with a facilitating PG. Hell, we never needed that considering Drew simply isn't a Hakeem or Duncan down low with the ability to read and react accordingly. We have Kobe Bryant on this team who was the sole facilitator for this team for more than a decade, why force the issue with Andrew Bynum? He simply isn't a big that's effective at creating for others, holding the ball away from the defender and surveying the floor for 10 seconds does us no good. Crowd him with a double or swing a 2nd defender onto him while he's gathering himself up for a move and you've got him cornered. Teams have picked up on that, but we've made no adjustments.

We've ran the same offense all season long, and it's been terrible since day one. Dump it to Bynum inside, Pau shooting jumpers in the high post, and Kobe isolation. If we actually had a somewhat decent offensive system, teams wouldn't be so fresh on the other end getting whatever they wanted. We just don't make teams work, that's it.

The defense was going to drop off for us eventually, not surprised that we couldn't keep it up after the start of the season. We simply don't have the personnel capable of playing lockdown defense for 48 minutes a night. Bynum gets pouty when he doesn't get his touches, Pau is an awful defender, Kobe is lazy on the perimeter, and our bench is pretty much a joke on both ends of the floor.

In addition, the gameplan was going under the screens on Westbrook last night? Why would that even be up for consideration? He's one of the elite guards in the league and he's no Rondo on the perimeter. You have to play him honest or you're going to get burned. If the gameplan was to let him go off and lock down on everyone else, that failed with Durant going 10-14 the rest of the way after an 0-8 start along with Perkins having one of his best scoring games on the season. He averages 5 points a game, he got 12 last night. Sessions doesn't get much burn with the bench either, we had a lineup of Blake/Barnes/Peace/McRob/Gasol out there at one point. I can't even begin to describe how much of a joke that lineup is.

Sessions didn't have any problems when he first arrived and had more freedom, but he's been playing more like a system guard for the last few games. That does us no good because our system is trash and he's being extremely underutilized. It's on the staff to figure out how to make things work with the team at hand, not for the players to have to completely change their game to fit in to the system. A good coach gets the most out of their players by maximizing their abilities, and we simply aren't doing that with Sessions. The best thing would be to ditch the 4-out-1-in altogether, but we should have done that months ago. Too late right now.

I wasn't happy with the hiring when it happened, but I gave it a chance with the start of the season hoping that we'd eventually work out the kinks. Hasn't happened yet, and we're 15 games away from the playoffs. Not good.

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,177 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 30, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Brown needs to take his own advice and move him back to the bench unit.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#19 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted March 30, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Brown needs to take his own advice and move him back to the bench unit.

The problem with that is that we'd just be masking the PG issue off the bench by putting Steve Blake back in the starting lineup. We'd essentially be playing 3-on-5 on the offensive end like we had done for much of the season with Fisher as a starter. Sessions is far more talented that Blake and a much better player, and we definitely need him to be 100% comfortable by the postseason, but we don't need to completely cut off him minutes with the bench. I just don't understand it, not one bit.

It's really not difficult to create time for Sessions with that bench unit. There is no reason that either Kobe or Sessions should not be on the floor at any time considering how terrible the rest of the team is at creating clean looks on the offensive end. We have two legitimate facilitators on this team, makes no sense to keep them both on the bench at the same time.

#20 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 30, 2012 - 11:37 AM

What took so long to join the club...

The good part is, the lakers might be dysfunctional enough for Coach Larry Brown to want to come and be here...

FIRE COACH BROWN
Hire Coach BROWN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users