Eminem - Relapse

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 15, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Em is calling his new album Relapse. He did this freestyle today on Shade45.

Flow is good, but WTF is up with his accent. :(

Lyrics are mad corny. Dre is producing the whole album instead of Em. Good decision by Em since he sucks at producing.

Listen to his freestyle

#2 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted October 15, 2008 - 07:43 PM

Sweet! Thanks for posting. I think the freestyle is pretty sick, considering it is, after all, a freestyle.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#3 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:50 AM

To quote Nah Right's blog entry:

"Drugs, violence, wacky voices and flows upon flows. Yep, he’s back."

Him and Royce are about to takeover s---, I can see it happening.

#4 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 16, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Can't wait for the new album.

#5 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted October 16, 2008 - 09:32 AM

For anyone interested in the lyrics to the freestyle:

How the hell did he manage to get more felony charges?
He’s already got life in jail, man, what the hell is his problem?
Well, to be honest, the smell of these chronic leaves make me hella demonic.
They’ve compelled me to kill this elderly man and I get these panic attacks.
Pop a Xanax, relax, tryin’ to stick my [expletive]in’ dick inside a mannequin’s [expletive].
Then I get manic depressed, see the orthodontist, get gas masks, kick [expletive].
The first thing I put on is the mask.
Speaking of mask, man, it ain’t too late to have a change of pace and take it off and show my face so you can see the things you’re facing.
Slice you up and cook you after you’re murdered by strangulation.
That’s bacon soufflé you’re making, ain’t you? Well, thank you Jason.
There goes one more coma due to blunt force trauma.
Just gimme one more soma and I’ll be done for, mama.
Go in the damn broom closet, another valium lost it, shoved in the vacuum nozzle, down the bathroom faucet.
It seems like every day I get a little flakier, the medication is making my hands a little shakier.
Hand me that 18-month-old baby to shake him up.
It’ll only take me a second to choke his trachea.
Breakin’ his neck in 80-some places, baby, he’s Shady comes lady.
He’s got the razor for blazin’ the chainsaw baby.
You b-b-blunderin’, bumblin’, m-m-mublin’ dumb dumb.
Yeah, here I come come, you hear the rumbling? Vrumm vrumm.
There’s something inside of that blue tub and that drum drum.
A head and torso of someone. Where’d it come from?
Whose it belong to? Maybe the girl with the long, blonde hair who disappeared and left her cheerleader pom poms?
Clearly there’s somethin’ wrong ‘cause she didn’t come home.
She’s missing, where is she? Something fishy is goin’ on.
I guess he stuck the [expletive] with the pitchfork with the long prongs.
Now everybody get your dance on to my dance song.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#6 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted October 18, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Whoa... :rolleyes: :nah:

I LOVE Em's work. This freestyle is insane.

#7 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/magic/Kareem

Posted October 18, 2008 - 08:53 AM

you guys do know that freestyles aren't literal in the rap game. he didnt do this off the head, winging it so to speak, however Slim is great, this album brings quality music back, and guys like lil wayne and kanye are going to have to watch out.

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,812 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 18, 2008 - 10:18 AM

i hope this is more on par with his first 3 efforts, haven't cared much for his later outings...and GREAT move on his part by not producing

Posted Image

#9 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts

Posted October 18, 2008 - 12:28 PM

why so critical of em's production
Renegade, patiently waitng(50), Lose yourself, spend some time with me, i cant think right now but em is a very good producer, of course Dr. dre is better b/c thats 25 yrs. of beat making abilities

#10 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 19, 2008 - 12:52 AM

why so critical of em's production
Renegade, patiently waitng(50), Lose yourself, spend some time with me, i cant think right now but em is a very good producer, of course Dr. dre is better b/c thats 25 yrs. of beat making abilities

Em is rapper not a producer. He should worry about his verses instead of trying to produce. His last album was horrible and he produced half of the songs on the album. He also disrespected Pac with Loyal To The Game. You can't say Em is a good producer after what he did on Loyal To The Game.

#11 Kellz

Kellz

Kellz comin back to TLN

• 2,055 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza

Posted October 19, 2008 - 01:22 AM

Em is rapper not a producer. He should worry about his verses instead of trying to produce. His last album was horrible and he produced half of the songs on the album. He also disrespected Pac with Loyal To The Game. You can't say Em is a good producer after what he did on Loyal To The Game.

he disrespected tupac???? :rock:
R.I.P. Michael Jackson King Of Pop
1958-2009

Glad i left lakerground, and even happier im a member at Lakers Nation
TLN FTW!!!!!

All Hail the King of R&B, R. Kelly

#12 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 19, 2008 - 01:24 AM

he disrespected tupac???? :rock:

Yeah, he changed his vocals and made him sound like a little boy before puberty because he can't make any good beats. He also cut and paste his vocals to make him say 50, G-Unit, ect...

#13 Kellz

Kellz

Kellz comin back to TLN

• 2,055 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza

Posted October 19, 2008 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, he changed his vocals and made him sound like a little boy before puberty because he can't make any good beats. He also cut and paste his vocals to make him say 50, G-Unit, ect...

and people say em is the greatest rapper alive :rock:
R.I.P. Michael Jackson King Of Pop
1958-2009

Glad i left lakerground, and even happier im a member at Lakers Nation
TLN FTW!!!!!

All Hail the King of R&B, R. Kelly

#14 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, b/c 50 and gunit was on that song and em wanted it to sound like they were there with him. Also, everyone i know LOVED that PAC album. I wouldnt say that EM las album sucked, but I admit it waqsnt as good as the previous. Thats due to the lyrical content([expletive] like that, big weenie,etc.) and songs like mosh that were just boring. But em's production is very good, he has a stable production team, Mike and co., and any true hip hop fan will cosign. fabolous loves em's beats

#15 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, b/c 50 and gunit was on that song and em wanted it to sound like they were there with him. Also, everyone i know LOVED that PAC album. I wouldnt say that EM las album sucked, but I admit it waqsnt as good as the previous. Thats due to the lyrical content([expletive] like that, big weenie,etc.) and songs like mosh that were just boring. But em's production is very good, he has a stable production team, Mike and co., and any true hip hop fan will cosign. fabolous loves em's beats

ahh now the root of your hate for game comes out
Posted Image

#16 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 11:09 PM

you can defend his latest efforts all you want but coming from a die hard eminem fan who respects everything he did for hip hop which i am his last album and mixtape were absolute garbage, trash, waste, etc.

it was bad on an epic level encore was so bad i was actually pissed i bought that crap trusting eminem as a musician to deliver a quality CD

his relationship with 50 cent is what is bringing him down he used to be as real as they come but 50 cent has made him soft

50 cent is a marshmellow punk who is the biggest fake in the industry since ja rule

eminem has respect from true hip hop guys in Nas, jadakiss, game, DMX, snoop dogg, dr. dre, jay z

50 cent doesn't and 50 cent is bringing a legend down and eminem needs to realize that 50 is the opposite pf everything aftermath was supposed to stand for which was real hip hop not pop crap

encore was pop crap and it was a direct result of 50 cents punk @$$ being involved with the project and with him

GGGGGG G-unot 50 cent is a homo who is bringing down eminem, dr. dre, obie trice and everyone associated with him in aftermath

i hope game, nas, dipset, jadakiss, fat joe, T.I., kanye find a way to finish his career off for good

game injured him fataly dudes numbers have fell through the floor now i just hope they find a way to bury him for good

no more crap 50 cent CDs

Dre and EM you got to dump his sorry fake @$$
Posted Image

#17 assassin08

assassin08

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Ronny Turiaf

Posted October 26, 2008 - 08:56 PM

and people say em is the greatest rapper alive :mellow:

That doesn't contradict with his producing abilities at all. He might not be a great producer, but he's arguably the greatest rapper alive.

#18 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 26, 2008 - 08:57 PM

That doesn't contradict with his producing abilities at all. He might not be a great producer, but he's arguably the greatest rapper alive.

He's not better than Rakim, Ice Cube, and Nas.

#19 assassin08

assassin08

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Ronny Turiaf

Posted October 26, 2008 - 09:11 PM

He's not better than Rakim, Ice Cube, and Nas.

That's why I said "arguably", 'cause he's definitely not worse than the aforementioned 3. Each of those 4 have their distinct strong points, it's back & forth all day as far as opinions go. Sort of like that 'Sheed quote: both teams played hard. In this case, all of them are so talented and proven, that who's better is a pretty much a moot point, because each peaked during a different time-frame: Rakim in the '80s, Cube in the early '90s, Nas pretty much in the mid-'90s, and Em' late-'90s to early-'00s.

They might not share the exact same strong points when it comes to rapping, but one thing they share is: when they peaked, they were the best in the game at that time for several years, respectively... and that every single time when they touch the mic, you expect nothing short of spectacular bars being spat.

Edited by assassin08, October 26, 2008 - 09:14 PM.

#20 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 30, 2008 - 05:47 PM

how can 50 make slim soft. Soft? 50 is from Southside jamaica Queens where he ran a drug strip on guy Brewer(even his enemies admit that). Why would Em listen to 50 over his boss Dre. Most rappers cant remain HUNGRY when they reach a certain level of success, which is why 50 is losing fans, not GAME. Game would be selling a mil the first week if it was that serious. and m's album had some solid production and songs(yellow brick road;my first single) and Eminem presents the Re-up was also a good album.
If you dont like 50's music why do you want someone to bury him, I believe wack artists bury themselves. eminem can rap and produce and he's coming back w/ help of DRe and some assitance from 50 so if you dont like it dont support it but plz be realistic when you speak

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom 2, October 30, 2008 - 06:56 PM.

Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users