Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,314 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Won a ring? :rofl:

if you already think we have no chance at even contending for a ring what's the point of watching this season or even coming to this forum if all you'll see is failure? :laughing:

I dare anyone that doesn't think we have a shot at any kind of playoff run to not even post here during the playoffs since they are so sure we'll lose.

But I guarantee everyone that's already "given up" on this team will be glued to the sets watching each and every game like they always have been and ready to jump right back on the bandwagon when we win.

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:36 PM

if you already think we have no chance at even contending for a ring what's the point of watching this season or even coming to this forum if all you'll see is failure? :laughing:

I dare anyone that doesn't think we have a shot at any kind of playoff run to not even post here during the playoffs since they are so sure we'll lose.

But I guarantee everyone that's already "given up" on this team will be glued to the sets watching each and every game like they always have been and ready to jump right back on the bandwagon when we win.

What he said Idk how y'all see so much failure in the lakers but yet are fans?

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:36 PM

I never said all i see is failure. I don't approve of the coach making stupid desicions and "experimenting" while there are 18 games left in the season. You were on the Blake all season long and where also the person who said we did not need a PG. Looks like you where wrong. We did need a PG and Steve Blake still is terrible. Its funny you havent stood up for Blake in a while!? why not? i thought he ran the offense so smoothly? All the games Steve Blake has had where fools gold! I also recall you saying Metta is coming around? I'm not seeing that either. Like i said fools gold.
Posted Image

#44 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Non-bandwagoner fans watch their favorite team no matter if they are competing or not. Even if we think there's little to no hope of winning a championship, we'll watch our favorite team play.

Posted Image

#45 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:47 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Ignoring every variable is the way of weak analysis and following it up with posts that serve only personnel perceptions reflects what??

I don't know....an over inflated sense of knowing.........??
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,314 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:23 PM

I never said all i see is failure. I don't approve of the coach making stupid desicions and "experimenting" while there are 18 games left in the season. You were on the Blake all season long and where also the person who said we did not need a PG. Looks like you where wrong. We did need a PG and Steve Blake still is terrible. Its funny you havent stood up for Blake in a while!? why not? i thought he ran the offense so smoothly? All the games Steve Blake has had where fools gold! I also recall you saying Metta is coming around? I'm not seeing that either. Like i said fools gold.

Actually I wasn't wrong

Yeah I still do, and Blake was playing well and with confidence and was bailing us out of games making clutch shots(Memphis?) and he was playing extremely well. I ALSO said that if we got Sessions I would want Fisher to stay on the team WITH Blake for certain situations. The reason why was because I knew that the way the Lakers ran the offense for these first 40+ games of the season was for a player like Fisher when he was starting. Fisher is what he is, stop and shoot but don't move much and isn't mobile.

Blake was run and gun and that is why he was good with the bench cause he had a player like Barnes there and Goudelock played perfectly into his pass first mentality cause he was knocking down jumpers then.

When he was moved to the starting lineup(which was after being in trade rumors) i KNEW he would have issues. But I didn't mind it too much cause I knew he wouldn't get much playing time over Sessions and I knew Sessions could get the bench going. But I knew that Blake is a pass first kind of point guard not looking to finish at the rim very often, he isn't the kind of player that's only role is to hit wide open jumpers it has to be in the flow of the game and its how he plays best. When he was given Fishers role to be "that guy" I knew he'd have a really rough time adjusting and he has. This is why I wanted Sessions to remain running the bench while Blake was adjusting to the starting lineup.

Blake's success with the bench also had a lot to do with Goudelock's scoring and when he would get open off of Blake's drives and whatnot.
What I DIDN'T expect was Goudelock to get injured and his play to suffer as badly as it has been. That is a major contributing factor to the problems the bench is having right now with Blake back in the lineup there, Goudelock is healing and has played himself out of the position.
So Blake in a term has even less to work with now, and then moving Blake to the two while Sessions plays the 1 midgame is forcing Blake back into that "just be a stand still three point shooter" that he has trouble with in the starting lineup. It isn't fitting the style of a pass first point guard.
And when he does run the point and Goudelock can't shoot or play worth much right now that pass first mentality doesn't give us much results outside of the fast break which Blake CAN still run effectively. In case you didn't notice even when Sessions was running the bench with Goudelock at the 2 and Goudelock was playing crappy the only bailout that was there was that Sessions could also be a scorer and also had a great chemistry with Barnes. Blake isn't a scorer like him he's a facilitating past first guard. Sessions can do both.

So I wasn't wrong about Blake at all, he's going through what I expected him to.

And you're crazy if you don't see Metta coming around he's been scoring more regularly, he is also getting his legs back under him, his shot doesn't look so flat, his defense is coming back around and he's moving around much better. So yeah I was right about Metta coming around.

And Blake DID run the offense smoothly on the bench, when Goudelock was scoring everytime he was wide open. With Goudelock being basically useless you're either counting on Blake to be the primary scorer or you're looking for fast break points, Blake isn't a primary scorer, and Barnes prefers playing with Sessions.

So that was a nice attempt on trying to make it look like I wasn't right when I'd defend Blake and I was, and I talk about him now because he's struggling as I expected and I'll be the first to tell you why. What I say is always going to be how it is as it happens, if Blake starts to struggle I'm not going to say he's "not struggling" but I'm also going to clarify why. I was right then and I am still right now, eventhough I know it drives you crazy.

So you can try elsewhere to make a point :glasses:

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#47 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Blake is trash plain and simple he cant guard to save his life or shoot. You where wrong. He had a few good games, but. now that we have an avg PG you see he cant run the floor he cant shoot and cant guard. Hes worthless, he and brown should be shipped to Portland.
Posted Image

#48 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Metta is coming around? He just got lit up by Rudy Gay and went 2-9. I guess shooting 38% and shooting 31% from 3 this month is an improvement for him, but it's still horrible.

Steve Blake has worse numbers than Derek Fisher did. That says it all.

Posted Image

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,314 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Blake is trash plain and simple he cant guard to save his life or shoot. You where wrong. He had a few good games, but. now that we have an avg PG you see he cant run the floor he cant shoot and cant guard. Hes worthless, he and brown should be shipped to Portland.

When it comes to Blake you have to know what to expect with what's asked of him. That's why I don't rush so much to say OH HE'S GARBAGE! I'll say when he's playing poorly.

But I already clarified up there with what to expect from Blake and everything else when it comes to the problems with what he's doing and the reasons why. But since your response was "Blake is trash" I'll assume you have no real response to deny what I said.

Point proven.

Metta is coming around? He just got lit up by Rudy Gay and went 2-9. I guess shooting 38% and shooting 31% from 3 this month is an improvement for him, but it's still horrible.

Steve Blake has worse numbers than Derek Fisher did. That says it all.

Yes cause one bad game just defines the entire month of how he's been playing. Defensively he's been very good and he even was scoring in his last few games.

But of course if in a month he has 4 good games and 1 bad game people act like the 1 bad game is the only one he played.

Blake's numbers are effected by what's being asked of him and the styles he's had to adjust and re-adjust to and I basically laid everything out above so I'm not gonna repeat it.

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#51 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:47 PM

He was put on OJ Mayo to defend? did he? he was put on the floor as a 2 guard? did he score? its either Blake or Browns fault chose one? Cant protect both your golden boys?
Posted Image

#52 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Shooting 38% and 31% from 3 is still horrible, which is his numbers for the month. He's been fortunate not to play many elite SFs this month. We'll see how he plays against Durant, who lit him up last time.

Blake has had horrible numbers for 2 years now since he's been here. You can only blame the system for so long.

Looking at their sum totals for the year, they're both garbage. I don't see how you can see any different. They may have a few good games now and then, but it's totally valid to judge players for the sum total of their performance throughout a year.

Edited by Japago, March 26, 2012 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image

#53 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 27, 2012 - 06:35 AM

Shooting 38% and 31% from 3 is still horrible, which is his numbers for the month. He's been fortunate not to play many elite SFs this month. We'll see how he plays against Durant, who lit him up last time.

Blake has had horrible numbers for 2 years now since he's been here. You can only blame the system for so long.

Looking at their sum totals for the year, they're both garbage. I don't see how you can see any different. They may have a few good games now and then, but it's totally valid to judge players for the sum total of their performance throughout a year.

Artest is pretty much on this team to play defense. He isn't what he used to be but he still can defend bigger forwards that aren't so fast. When motivated, he actually contributes offensively also. But unfortunately, we dont see this all the time. Hence his terrible %. Lets hope that he can contribute in a big way come playoff time.

Steve Bagel on the other hand, has just been terrible for this team. Like I have said many times, I have defended this guy in the past because he ran the offense and got others involved but he isn't even doing that anymore. He continues to brick wide open shots and whenever he penetrates, he is always looking to pass due to the fact that he can't finish well at the rim. Fish was better at finishing near the rim and we know how bad he was. Having Sessions on this team really makes Bagel's poor play stand out even more and we realize that he is a below average PG. In Portland, Bagel was able to defend and knock down open shots but maybe father time has caught up to him. But what he's asked to do isn't really that demanding so I dont know.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 27, 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Posted Image

#54 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted March 27, 2012 - 06:53 AM

I think we can all agree Mike Brown is a bad coach.

Nope. I don't believe he is a bad coach. I don't believe he is a great coach either.

I think when you look at circumstances, Brown has done a good job. Lockout shortened season, a CP3 deal that fell through that resulted in having to trade a 6th man of the year away for a pick and team learning to not only having to learn new systems of play, but adjusting to new rotations, new attitudes, and new philosophys that are completely different from Phil Jacksob.

Mike Brown will always be the scapegoat because that's what he was in Cleveland. I do believe it's unfair to judge Brown this season. He has another season (full one) to show me what he can do. Its way too early to throw Brown to the wolves.

But this definitely shows how spoiled Lakers fans are. 3rd in the West and I've seen this forum call the season embarrassing and disappointing. I'm not sure what everyone is so upset about because before this season started, I don't remember many saying that we were contenders in the West. I knew, as did some others that the title would go through OKC and Miami. We are behind them. We've had a weird season, losing to bad teams on the road, but we did that with Phil Jackson as well (remember how pissed people were when we lost to the Cavs last season).

We are exceeding expectations this season. We need to be better on the road and our defense needs to get more consistent. I personally can't wait till April. That's when we see what this team is made of heading into the playoffs.

#55 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,012 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 27, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Actually I wasn't wrong

Yeah I still do, and Blake was playing well and with confidence and was bailing us out of games making clutch shots(Memphis?) and he was playing extremely well. I ALSO said that if we got Sessions I would want Fisher to stay on the team WITH Blake for certain situations. The reason why was because I knew that the way the Lakers ran the offense for these first 40+ games of the season was for a player like Fisher when he was starting. Fisher is what he is, stop and shoot but don't move much and isn't mobile.

Blake was run and gun and that is why he was good with the bench cause he had a player like Barnes there and Goudelock played perfectly into his pass first mentality cause he was knocking down jumpers then.

When he was moved to the starting lineup(which was after being in trade rumors) i KNEW he would have issues. But I didn't mind it too much cause I knew he wouldn't get much playing time over Sessions and I knew Sessions could get the bench going. But I knew that Blake is a pass first kind of point guard not looking to finish at the rim very often, he isn't the kind of player that's only role is to hit wide open jumpers it has to be in the flow of the game and its how he plays best. When he was given Fishers role to be "that
guy" I knew he'd have a really rough time adjusting and he has. This is why I wanted Sessions to remain running the bench while Blake was adjusting to the starting lineup.

Blake's success with the bench also had a lot to do with Goudelock's scoring and when he would get open off of
Blake's drives and whatnot.
What I DIDN'T expect was Goudelock to get injured and his play to suffer as badly as it has been. That is a major contributing factor to the problems the bench is having right now with Blake back in the lineup there, Goudelock is healing and has played himself out of the position.
So Blake in a term has even less to work with now, and then moving Blake to the two while Sessions plays the 1 midgame is forcing Blake back into that "just be a stand still three point shooter" that he has trouble with in the
starting lineup. It isn't fitting the style of a pass first point guard.
And when he does run the point and Goudelock can't shoot or play worth much right now that pass first mentality doesn't give us much results outside of the fast break which Blake CAN still run effectively. In case you didn't notice even when Sessions was running the bench with Goudelock at the 2 and Goudelock was playing crappy the only bailout that was there was that Sessions could also be a scorer and also had a great chemistry with Barnes.
Blake isn't a scorer like him he's a facilitating past first guard. Sessions can do both.

So I wasn't wrong about Blake at all, he's going through what I expected him to.

And you're crazy if you don't see Metta coming around he's been scoring more regularly, he is also getting his legs back under him, his shot doesn't look so flat, his defense is coming back around and he's moving around much better.
So yeah I was right about Metta coming around.

And Blake DID run the offense smoothly on the bench, when Goudelock was scoring everytime he was wide open. With Goudelock being basically useless you're either
counting on Blake to be the primary scorer or you're looking for fast break points, Blake isn't a primary scorer, and Barnes prefers playing with Sessions.
So that was a nice attempt on trying to make it look like I wasn't right when I'd defend Blake and I was, and I talk about him now because he's struggling as I expected and I'll be the first to tell you why. What I say is always going to be how it is as it happens, if Blake starts to struggle I'm not going to say he's "not struggling" but I'm also going to clarify why. I was right then and I am still right now, eventhough I know it drives you crazy.

So you can try elsewhere to make a point :glasses:

Dude lay off the drugs. Steve Blake deserves to be in the D League. He has been abysmal. Even before the trade the only reason it wasn't obvious is because fisher was so terrible. Now that it's only Blake her its quite obvious. He is beyond and I put soooooo much emphasis on beyond terrible. On any other team Steve Blake would be declared inactive. He sucks plain and simple.

#56 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 27, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Nope. I don't believe he is a bad coach. I don't believe he is a great coach either.

I think when you look at circumstances, Brown has done a good job. Lockout shortened season, a CP3 deal that fell through that resulted in having to trade a 6th man of the year away for a pick and team learning to not only having to learn new systems of play, but adjusting to new rotations, new attitudes, and new philosophys that are completely different from Phil Jacksob.

Mike Brown will always be the scapegoat because that's what he was in Cleveland. I do believe it's unfair to judge Brown this season. He has another season (full one) to show me what he can do. Its way too early to throw Brown to the wolves.

But this definitely shows how spoiled Lakers fans are. 3rd in the West and I've seen this forum call the season embarrassing and disappointing. I'm not sure what everyone is so upset about because before this season started, I don't remember many saying that we were contenders in the West. I knew, as did some others that the title would go through OKC and Miami. We are behind them. We've had a weird season, losing to bad teams on the road, but we did that with Phil Jackson as well (remember how pissed people were when we lost to the Cavs last season).

We are exceeding expectations this season. We need to be better on the road and our defense needs to get more consistent. I personally can't wait till April. That's when we see what this team is made of heading into the playoffs.

Exactly what I said

#57 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 27, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Great Points, West Coast.

See, the problem with some Lakers fans is that they think they can get the best players, best coaches, best role players every season. In a sense, I don't blame them because the Lakers are so successful that you expect them to be great every year. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen. That's why it's good to have perspective view on the current situation. Trust me, if Brian Shaw was the coach, they would say "Brian Shaw sucks!" See, the problem with this sports generation is that there is no patience at all. Everyone wants to win now. Although it's a good thing to win now, it's even better to wait and see a team develop for a few years. Right now, the Lakers are in between those winning now and developing for the future. If you are Mike Brown, it's a tough job to handle. The shortened season doesn't help him at all. So, the best way to judge him will be after next season playoffs. You can't really judge him after one shortened season. It's hard to win a ring on their first season on a team let alone a shortened season.

#58 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 27, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Artest is pretty much on this team to play defense. He isn't what he used to be but he still can defend bigger forwards that aren't so fast. When motivated, he actually contributes offensively also. But unfortunately, we dont see this all the time. Hence his terrible %. Lets hope that he can contribute in a big way come playoff time.

Steve Bagel on the other hand, has just been terrible for this team. Like I have said many times, I have defended this guy in the past because he ran the offense and got others involved but he isn't even doing that anymore. He continues to brick wide open shots and whenever he penetrates, he is always looking to pass due to the fact that he can't finish well at the rim. Fish was better at finishing near the rim and we know how bad he was. Having Sessions on this team really makes Bagel's poor play stand out even more and we realize that he is a below average PG. In Portland, Bagel was able to defend and knock down open shots but maybe father time has caught up to him. But what he's asked to do isn't really that demanding so I dont know.

Problem is he will have to guard quick SFs like Rudy Gay and Kevin Durant in the playoffs. He has done alright against SFs that aren't as quick, but I doubt the Lakers avoid facing off against a quick SF in the playoffs.

Agreed about Blake. I don't want to call him bagel though. I like bagels. I like Steve Blanks more.

Posted Image

#59 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 27, 2012 - 08:00 AM

I agree. A lot of people on this forum say that this team isn't a title contender but yet they complain about things as if they are one. If you dont expect the team do anything significant then why complain as if expectations are high? I personally believe that this team is a contender. Do I believe that they are favorites? Of course not. And I believe that everything has to go right for this team to make the Finals.

Considering the new coach, lineup changes, lockout, etc., this season hasn't been as bad as documented. Does the road woes worry me? Of course but this team does have veterans that have been there before in the post season. The only thing that bugs me is this team's lack of focus and defensive intensity. Come playoff time, you can only hope for better but if this team loses in an early exit again, then so be it.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 27, 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

#60 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 27, 2012 - 03:37 PM

I agree. A lot of people on this forum say that this team isn't a title contender but yet they complain about things as if they are one. If you dont expect the team do anything significant then why complain as if expectations are high? I personally believe that this team is a contender. Do I believe that they are favorites? Of course not. And I believe that everything has to go right for this team to make the Finals.

Considering the new coach, lineup changes, lockout, etc., this season hasn't been as bad as documented. Does the road woes worry me? Of course but this team does have veterans that have been there before in the post season. The only thing that bugs me is this team's lack of focus and defensive intensity. Come playoff time, you can only hope for better but if this team loses in an early exit again, then so be it.

People are still gonna complain with whats wrong about the team regardless of whether or not we think the Lakers are a championship team. Don't see how fans' reactions differ from when the Lakers are contenders or not. Bobcats fans still complain about the team even if they are terrible.

The Lakers are worse than last season when they were swept. Lakers had a .695 winning percentage last season, compared to .612 so far this season. And like you mentioned, the Lakers have been horrible on the road. None of the contenders in the past few years I've looked at have had anywhere near as horrible a road record as the Lakers do.

Edited by Japago, March 27, 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users