#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,595 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 26, 2012 - 02:08 AM

Mayo scored 7 unanswered points while blake was guarding him and as soon as blake was benched Mayo only scored 1 basket the rest of the game.

Blake should never play the 2. The point is Mike Brown needs to end the Sessions/Blake experiment it doesn't work. And it doesn't have to be Goudelock.. he's been playing Barnes at the 2 these past few games.

He's been playing Barnes at the 2, and he's been playing Metta at the 2. He's obviously trying out new fills to Kobe at the 2 spot. he's tried it with Blake, Barnes and Metta.

My guess is because of Goudelock's injury, play through it, and subsequent failure to truly do so that he's completely out of the 2 position from the bench. So Brown is trying to find his replacement.

IF Blake could knock down his wide open 2s and play with confidence and not "pass up open opportunities trying to pass it" like Kobe says he needs to work through then he would do well enough as a scorer and be virtually the same as goudelock. Sad but true. And Goudelock has been as off as Blake so they are essentially the same.

And as far as Barnes playing the 2 over Blake, I didn't expect Barnes to get much burn after that technical in the close game so take from that what you will.

To be completely frank and honest, The Lakers have NO pure two guard that can really fill that role that he leaves.

Brown had it all figured out for the most part when Goudelock was at the 2, but Goudelock's been nursing the injury and couldn't play through it well enough when Sessions was out there with him. Most forget the first lineup Sessions had off the bench was usually him and Goudelock a majority of the time. Since Goudelocks bad play+injury Brown is testing out new people at the 2 position searching for a replacement for him. if Barnes gets that role who is gonna play the 3? Murphy? McRoberts? Ebanks?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,126 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 02:36 AM

He's been playing Barnes at the 2, and he's been playing Metta at the 2. He's obviously trying out new fills to Kobe at the 2 spot. he's tried it with Blake, Barnes and Metta.

My guess is because of Goudelock's injury, play through it, and subsequent failure to truly do so that he's completely out of the 2 position from the bench. So Brown is trying to find his replacement.

IF Blake could knock down his wide open 2s and play with confidence and not "pass up open opportunities trying to pass it" like Kobe says he needs to work through then he would do well enough as a scorer and be virtually the same as goudelock. Sad but true. And Goudelock has been as off as Blake so they are essentially the same.

And as far as Barnes playing the 2 over Blake, I didn't expect Barnes to get much burn after that technical in the close game so take from that what you will.

To be completely frank and honest, The Lakers have NO pure two guard that can really fill that role that he leaves.

Brown had it all figured out for the most part when Goudelock was at the 2, but Goudelock's been nursing the injury and couldn't play through it well enough when Sessions was out there with him. Most forget the first lineup Sessions had off the bench was usually him and Goudelock a majority of the time. Since Goudelocks bad play+injury Brown is testing out new people at the 2 position searching for a replacement for him.

Regardless if he's injured or not Mike Brown doesn't seem to have Goudelock in the rotation.

"We're shrinking it a little bit," Brown said of his rotation. 'Goudelock has been good for us and had some great experience," Brown said of his rookie guard, who is averaging 4.4 points in 10.7 minutes a game. "He needs to keep himself mentally and physically ready in case his number is called. But we're about to get busy right here. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it with some guys who have been to the dance before. Metta has been there and Matt has been there."

if Barnes gets that role who is gonna play the 3? Murphy? McRoberts? Ebanks?

That's the coaches job to figure out and he hasn't done a good job of it. 20 games left and we still don't know the rotations..

hR3rI.png

#23 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,595 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 02:38 AM

Regardless if he's injured or not Mike Brown doesn't seem to have Goudelock in the rotation.

That's the coaches job to figure out and he hasn't done a good job of it. 20 games left and we still don't know the rotations..

yeah but if you criticize and yet have no idea what you yourself would do while he is actively searching for ways to do it doesn't that weaken your argument a bit?

#24 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,126 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 02:43 AM

yeah but if you criticize and yet have no idea what you yourself would do while he is actively searching for ways to do it doesn't that weaken your argument a bit?

No because i'm not being payed millions to make those decisions. And by saying Goudelock is not in his rotation he himself is limiting his options.

What i do know is that Sessions/Blake backcourt doesn't work.

hR3rI.png

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,595 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 02:45 AM

No because i'm not being payed millions to make those decisions. And by saying Goudelock is not in his rotation he himself is limiting his options.

What i do know is that Sessions/Blake backcourt doesn't work.

What you should also know is that Sessions/Goudelock backcourt didn't work either, and Goudelock plays worse defense than Blake.

#26 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 26, 2012 - 03:25 AM

I think we can all agree Mike Brown is a bad coach.
Posted Image

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,595 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 04:39 AM

I think only I believe that Mike Brown is a bad coach.

You would be correct.

#28 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,651 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2012 - 05:13 AM

We knew this was going to happen.
Posted Image

#29 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,006 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 26, 2012 - 05:43 AM

Mike Brown is a bad coach and Steve Blake is horrible. Take your pick.

#30 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,006 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 26, 2012 - 06:14 AM

Mike Brown is a bad coach and Steve Blake is horrible. Take your pick.

#31 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Idk why people are so upset with mike brown when we are still 3rd in the west.... Yes his rotations are very annoying but they can't be that horrible if we are third in the west..... The only difference I see in the lakers is that our defense has took a plummet..... Last night we didn't get back on defense and tony Allen hit all his big shots and made a lot of big plays .... Any other night he would not make NOT one of those ridiculous shots he was making tonight.... And why is nobody complaining about Ron Artest defense on Rudy gay? He shot a very high percentage with Ron on him for a lot of the game

#32 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well, someone had to do it..

Posted Image

:rofl:

#33 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,523 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:17 PM

LOL
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#34 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,107 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted March 26, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

#35 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Gunsmith Cats

• 8,449 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

:laughing:

MMiRi9s.png

#36 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 26, 2012 - 06:30 PM

lmao....great stuff, subway image is gold

Posted Image

#37 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 26, 2012 - 06:33 PM

He's not a bad coach but he's not great either I really think he's just decent

#38 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 26, 2012 - 06:57 PM

It would be funny if we won a ring this year with this BAD coach then I bet everybody will kiss his ass lol there are some over emotional people in this forum lol

#39 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 26, 2012 - 07:04 PM

Won a ring? :rofl:

Edited by Hollywood, March 26, 2012 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image

#40 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, someone had to do it..

Posted Image

dude..lmao hahahahahahahahahaha :laughing:

The North Remembers

0 user(s) are reading this topic