• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Well, someone had to do it..

Posted Image

LMAO ahahaha

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#5 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,041 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:51 PM

This loss was not Mike Brown's fault. Everyone on our bench except Barnes and Goudelock need to be cut from the team. Everyone keeps saying move sessions back to the bench and just give him more mins than Blake. If we have to put our best PG on the bench to help the second unit then what the [expletive] is Blake doing on our team. We pay his horrible contract for him to be completely useless. He can't run the second unit and he can't run the starting unit. What the [expletive] is he here for?

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 25, 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#6 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image

OKC has the best home record in the west by percentages. Lakers tied for 2nd best with Spurs. Lakers are also one of the worst road teams and 1st in the pacific division is an accomplishment now? :laughing:

hR3rI.png

#7 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

This is fantastic :laughing:

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,120 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:05 AM

OKC has the best home record in the west by percentages. Lakers tied for 2nd best with Spurs. Lakers are also one of the worst road teams and 1st in the pacific division is an accomplishment now? :laughing:

First of all, OKC needs to win one more game before they have the best home record in the league by games played, not "percentages"

And yeah being first in the Pacific Division is an accomplishment when you consider how everyone counted us out from the moment we signed the coach.

You guys are just mad he's done a hell of a lot better than you wanted to give him credit for being so every time the team loses you want to blow up the blame on him to seem intelligent ^_^

That's why I made the Meme. None of you want to admit it but none of you can deny it :)

Oh yes one of the worst road teams yet we were one of the first to beat Utah when they were on a run, and have swept Dallas so far this year and this is the only win Memphis has on us after shooting what 57% from the field in which Bynum had 4 rebounds and we lost by 6 only.?

Yeah I'm in a good place and have faith in my coach. You're free to hate though if you want, I tend not to overreact like others do

It's funny how ya'll complained Brown has no balls cause he doesn't sit Kobe when he's shooting us out of a game or forcing the issue when we could get easier shots

Today he does that and you still complain :glasses:

It's funny to everyone else but the ones who don't realize they're being giggled at with how often they flip flop :)

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#9 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:19 AM

First of all, OKC needs to win one more game before they have the best home record in the league by games played, not "percentages"

And yeah being first in the Pacific Division is an accomplishment when you consider how everyone counted us out from the moment we signed the coach.

You guys are just mad he's done a hell of a lot better than you wanted to give him credit for being so every time the team loses you want to blow up the blame on him to seem intelligent ^_^

That's why I made the Meme. None of you want to admit it but none of you can deny it :)

Oh yes one of the worst road teams yet we were one of the first to beat Utah when they were on a run, and have swept Dallas so far this year and this is the only win Memphis has on us after shooting what 57% from the field in which Bynum had 4 rebounds and we lost by 6 only.?

Yeah I'm in a good place and have faith in my coach. You're free to hate though if you want, I tend not to overreact like others do

It's funny how ya'll complained Brown has no balls cause he doesn't sit Kobe when he's shooting us out of a game or forcing the issue when we could get easier shots

Today he does that and you still complain :glasses:

It's funny to everyone else but the ones who don't realize they're being giggled at with how often they flip flop :)

Seems like you have a lot to get off your chest.. :laughing:

OKC has the best home record in the west.. 22-4 > 20-4 They've both played 49 games each so i don't get why you're saying the need to win 1 more game.

And like kobe told sessions "we play for championships here" first place in the pacific doesn't mean much to this organization.

And Road woes.. I mean the record speaks for itself.

and for the rest of your rant i never said anything about being mad about kobe getting benched. My complaint was Steve Blake guarding OJ Mayo in the fourth. :unsure:

hR3rI.png

#10 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:23 AM

It would actually be quite emberassing if we did not win the Pacific the only real threat are the Clippers, while they are better than last year we are a better team. Our other competition are the Suns,Kings and Warriors the only team above 500 are the Clippers.
Posted Image

#11 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,823 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Posted Image

L.M.F.A.O

this dude is totally clueless

Posted Image

13z8pc6.jpg

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,120 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Seems like you have a lot to get off your chest.. :laughing:

OKC has the best home record in the west.. 22-4 > 20-4 They've both played 49 games each so i don't get why you're saying the need to win 1 more game.

And like kobe told sessions "we play for championships here" first place in the pacific doesn't mean much to this organization.

And Road woes.. I mean the record speaks for itself.

and for the rest of your rant i never said anything about being mad about kobe getting benched. My complaint was Steve Blake guarding OJ Mayo in the fourth. :unsure:

1) 2 more home games. Since we're discussing HOME records aren't we? ;)

2) With Goudelock nursing an injury this team has no other 2 guard other than Kobe. And Kobe played the ENTIRE 3rd quarter and he had 38 minutes tonight even with sitting in the 4th.

What Mike Brown did was for two reasons. Most importantly it was to rest Kobe, and second of all, Kobe was letting the game get to him, was forcing the issue, not looking for teammates that were wide open, and was trying to force too much and the Lakers started differring to him too much during then too so Brown benching him also made the team have to play through their bigs which was working and they went on a run with Kobe on the bench,

So you'll have to pick one of these reasons of hate to contradict in order to hate on Browns decision.

1) Mike Brown hasn't got the balls to sit Kobe when he's doing too much
2) Kobe is playing too many minutes
3) Lakers need to depend more on each other than just Kobe
4) When Kobe is shooting us out of a game and intentionally not passing he NEEDS to be sat, will Mike Brown do it? No!

So you'll have to pick one to contradict.

It would actually be quite emberassing if we did not win the Pacific the only real threat are the Clippers, while they are better than last year we are a better team. Our other competition are the Suns,Kings and Warriors the only team above 500 are the Clippers.

We're also 3rd in the west too. Ahead of Dallas Memphis and Utah. But that doesn't mean anything apparently cause we're the worst team in the league after every loss right? :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#13 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Maybe Mike Brown was trying to play mind games with the other team haha
Posted Image

#14 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:35 AM

1) 2 more home games. Since we're discussing HOME records aren't we? ;)

2) With Goudelock nursing an injury this team has no other 2 guard other than Kobe. And Kobe played the ENTIRE 3rd quarter and he had 38 minutes tonight even with sitting in the 4th.

What Mike Brown did was for two reasons. Most importantly it was to rest Kobe, and second of all, Kobe was letting the game get to him, was forcing the issue, not looking for teammates that were wide open, and was trying to force too much and the Lakers started differring to him too much during then too so Brown benching him also made the team have to play through their bigs which was working and they went on a run with Kobe on the bench,

So you'll have to pick one of these reasons of hate to contradict in order to hate on Browns decision.

1) Mike Brown hasn't got the balls to sit Kobe when he's doing too much
2) Kobe is playing too many minutes
3) Lakers need to depend more on each other than just Kobe
4) When Kobe is shooting us out of a game and intentionally not passing he NEEDS to be sat, will Mike Brown do it? No!

So you'll have to pick one to contradict.

:blink:
Did you not read my last post? What does Kobe getting benched have to do with Steve Blake guarding OJ Mayo? Blake and Kobe were on the floor at the same time when Blake allowed Mayo to score 7 unanswered points..

i never said anything about being mad about kobe getting benched. My complaint was Steve Blake guarding OJ Mayo in the fourth

Edited by Marc Maron, March 26, 2012 - 12:36 AM.

hR3rI.png

#15 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,073 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

Damn you for making me wake up my dad from lmfao.

This is [expletive]ing hilarious though hahahaha

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,120 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 01:07 AM

:blink:
Did you not read my last post? What does Kobe getting benched have to do with Steve Blake guarding OJ Mayo? Blake and Kobe were on the floor at the same time when Blake allowed Mayo to score 7 unanswered points..

Probably because Sessions needed the rest after starting? You are asking why was Blake guarding Mayo rather than Kobe? Cause Kobe has been just as lazy defensively leaving people open and letting them go to the lane. The difference is Kobe actually yelled at his bigs for not rotating or giving him help defense.

#17 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Probably because Sessions needed the rest after starting? You are asking why was Blake guarding Mayo rather than Kobe? Cause Kobe has been just as lazy defensively leaving people open and letting them go to the lane. The difference is Kobe actually yelled at his bigs for not rotating or giving him help defense.

Uh Sessions was also on the floor.. You assumed that i was mad at Kobe being benched in your rant earlier.. I wasn't as i said in my earlier post. The compliant i had was Blake on Mayo in the 4th and the Blake/Sessions backcourt which is terrible.. Nothing at all to do with Kobe..

Edited by Marc Maron, March 26, 2012 - 01:17 AM.

hR3rI.png

#18 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,041 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 26, 2012 - 01:40 AM

Uh Sessions was also on the floor.. You assumed that i was mad at Kobe being benched in your rant earlier.. I wasn't as i said in my earlier post. The compliant i had was Blake on Mayo in the 4th and the Blake/Sessions backcourt which is terrible.. Nothing at all to do with Kobe..

Another Mike Brown experiment. Sessions and Blake should never be playing together. Blake sucks. Goudelock should be playing with Sessions so he can get him spot up 3s. I think Goudelock should be the back up PG. He can't be no worse than Blake.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,120 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 01:47 AM

Then you're talking about when the lineup of Sessions, Blake and Kobe were on the floor. simple as this, Blake is better on Mayo than he would be on Gay and before you say Blake shouldn't be out there, keep in mind that Mike Brown had to play the starters the majority of the game specifically because of how many minutes they logged or how often they had to come back off the bench. As Mike Brown has said he doesn't want to run his guys too much especially this deep in the season and is trying to rest some of the starters.

So if you want to complain about his rotations my answer would be, one because of how some of the matchups would have worked out and two because he HAD to rest some of them.

Look at the minutes the starters had

Kobe: 38:27 with sitting in the fourth.
Sessions: 35:42
Bynum 40:44
Gasol 37:54
Metta: 33:51

There was only bench guy that was out there for an extended period of time and that was Barnes 20:31 which is why Metta had the least amount of minutes.

So with those matchups we needed the starters out there, but we also needed scorers out there and we couldn't afford to sit our starters as much considering how close the game was so Mike Brown had to make some awkward decisions because he wanted to rest some of the starters which was the right decision. So I can't hate on Mike Brown for trying to sit his starters and get them rest, I'd blame the bench more for not showing up. The bench scored 9 and that is a factor in the minutes played today especially considering the kind of game it was. No one off the bench shot the ball more than 3 times.. not one. That's unacceptable.

So if you're upset that Brown played Blake in the matchup with Mayo, my answer is, Mayo scored on both Sessions and Kobe, so it wouldn't have made a difference. The bigger issue is how little the bench scored and how many minutes the starters had to play. If Mike Brown hadn't rested some of the people and played with some of the rotations he did the starters would have been closing in on each having near 40 minutes in one game. And that just isn't how to do it. Blame the bench for not coming through not the coach trying to find rotations to sit his guys while still being effective offensively.

And before you say "why not bring Goudelock in" he's nursing an injury and hasn't looked good lately even trying to play through it, and you can argue he's worse defensively than Blake.

Edited by Majesty, March 26, 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#20 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 01:54 AM

Mayo scored 7 unanswered points while blake was guarding him and as soon as blake was benched Mayo only scored 1 basket the rest of the game.

Blake should never play the 2. The point is Mike Brown needs to end the Sessions/Blake experiment it doesn't work. And it doesn't have to be Goudelock.. he's been playing Barnes at the 2 these past few games.

hR3rI.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users