#1 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 22, 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's the best browser you've never heard of. It's my current browser, just thought I'd share.

MAXTHON

Posted Image

Statistically, it's the fastest browser, it takes up the least memory and it opens the quickest beating Chrome, FireFox and IE.

But this isn't why I like it.

Some of the features:

Maxthon Tabs:
Basically, its not that uncommon, but you arrange your home screen to have your favourite pages at the ready, you can also create little pages of them, I've made three pages, main, extra and empty... you scroll between them, its pretty handy and neat. The cool thing is, when I sign into maxthon on another computer it will remember them.
Posted Image

Split Screen Browsing:
Ever get tired of chatting to people on Facebook and trying to do other things on the Web? Now you can! (Without opening 2 windows and painstakingly line them up beside eachtoher :P )
Press F10 and Maxthon slices in half allowing you to effectivly have 2 broswers in one, drag over tabs, adjust the size of one, and seamlessly switch from both.
Posted Image

Maxthon Video:
Ever want to watch a video, and chat to your friend at the same time? Maybe even play a game?
With Maxthon video, you can drag the video off its very page and take it with you wherever.
Posted Image
You can also set it so that it's always ontop, so no window or game covers it!
Posted Image
WAIT THERES MORE! :P You can also SAVE any video, from ANY player (Except I think some TV channel websites) so now you can take any trailer from YouTube and watch it whenever you want or edit it for your own benefit.
Posted Image

Resource Sniffer:
Like a noise a website uses? Just download it. Click the Resource Sniffer and a list of all the images, videos, audio files and more will be displayed and their sizes so you can just download it.
Posted Image

Night Vision!:
Click the night mode button and Whites will be black, and other bright colours toned down to make reading easier when you are in a dark room.
Posted Image

Reader Mode:
On wikipedia? other websites with long text? blogs? Hate adverts? layouts of some pages?
Click the reader mode icon and your page will appear in an article, you can scroll through comfortably. Adjusting font, size, colour and other things I havnt looked at :P
Posted Image

AdHunter:
See an advert you dont like? Click it. Gone forever. Next time you visit it will be a blank spot. Not as good as Chromes/Firefoxs AdBlocker, but it does the job.

Maxthon Passport:
Enter your email adress in and you can make yourself a little icon and Maxthon will track you so if you use Maxthon on a mobile or other PC all your Favourites will still be there.

They're the main reasons I use Maxthon. It's all built in, not an add on. I didnt have to look for that stuff it was just there and its really neat. Even small things like, Right clicking a tab to close it, Dragging your mouse left to go back or right to go next or in a circle to refresh is just handy. I love it, They add some cool new feature every month and I've been using it for a year now.

www.maxthon.com

Edited by K-Kris, December 19, 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#2 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 08:57 PM

ive seen this browser before, someone in my class was using it but i didnt know wtf it was

the only reason why i still use FF over the others is because of the tab syncing (i dual boot between operating systems on my laptop, so that feature is nice) and the adblock on FF works better than on other browsers,but some of those features looks nice

13z8pc6.jpg

#3 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Being a multi-tasker, this really helps me out. Ads aren't really a problem for me for this. I had FF before, no ad problem either. Hope you guys like it though :D

#4 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Chrome all the way

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Sound like a damn salesman of some sort. You sure you don't work for the company yourself? Amazing sales-pitch on that first post. Looks pretty damn good though. Maybe I'll try it sometime, but I usually end up not trying new browsers out even if I think they may be better simply because of the laziness of getting past the learning curve and acclimated enough to be comfortable. I'm with the fox currently.

yo.

#6 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted March 23, 2012 - 12:17 AM

Chrome for me buddy. But I'll take a look at this when I have the chance.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#7 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,322 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 23, 2012 - 02:13 AM

Chrome baby :rock:

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,729 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 23, 2012 - 06:09 AM

been on chrome for awhile now, but some of the features here sound interesting

Posted Image

#9 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Maxthon > Google Chrome/FFox. I'm not a salesman, just wanted to share this, all free no fee. You don't HAVE to check it out if you're really fixed on google chrome or ff :D . I posted this because I was bored one day, so I made this because not a lot of people know about it. Always nice to have options.

I usually end up not trying new browsers out even if I think they may be better simply because of the laziness of getting past the learning curve and acclimated enough to be comfortable. I'm with the fox currently.

^ I completely know how that is :laughing: , so it's all good bro. If you do though, hope you like it!

Edited by K-Kris, March 23, 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 10:46 AM

that looks ill...but i like my firefox with my inter milan theme :)

bw1wOGf.png

#11 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,073 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hmm don't think I ever heard of this browser before. I switch back and forth b/t FF and Chrome, but mostly using Chrome again since my FF lags quite a bit for some reason. I may check out this Maxthon browser if both browsers ever piss me off that bad lol..

Interesting how those features you listed are all built in though rather than being add-ons you gotta DL...

#12 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,821 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 24, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Surprised I've never heard of it. About to give it a try.

#13 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,232 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:37 AM

i'll get it when i get my own comp

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#14 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,821 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just gave this a try. I liked it until about 5 minutes into it I realized all the ads and popups that I kept getting. I'm used to absolutely no ads on firefox with adblock plus. I gave it a search and it said I had to enable Ad Hunter, so I did. I'm still getting popups and ads. The biggest thing for me that firefox does is blocking the ad that comes up when you watch a youtube video. Unless someone can help me figure this out, I'm staying away.

#15 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've only had this for about 2 weeks. Don't really know the ins & outs of it. No ad/popup problems for me though. Could have something to do with your firewall or internet security (ex: Norton Internet Sec).

Just stay with FF if you can't figure it out though :laughing: , easiest choice.

#16 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,821 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've only had this for about 2 weeks. Don't really know the ins & outs of it. No ad/popup problems for me though. Could have something to do with your firewall or internet security (ex: Norton Internet Sec).

Just stay with FF if you can't figure it out though :laughing: , easiest choice.

I don't use any Internet security, or any computer security program really. Ad block on Firefox has kept it safe for me. I'll probably look more into it on another day, because for the few minutes that I did use it, I liked it.

#17 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I don't use any Internet security, or any computer security program really. Ad block on Firefox has kept it safe for me. I'll probably look more into it on another day, because for the few minutes that I did use it, I liked it.

Glad you did brother, I felt bad that you kept getting ads from a browser that I recommended :laughing: , Idk why adhunter isn't working for you?

First place I'd look into is your Firewall, & since you don't use any internet security really, check if there's any spyware on your computer.

#18 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 26, 2012 - 05:07 PM

The split screen thing can be done with any browser on Windows 7

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#19 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,242 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 03, 2012 - 02:45 AM

Never had a problem with FF and no need to change it. It is compatible with everything and if you are a web designer nothing beats it.

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:09 AM

Anyone know what "9ouy" is?

My Chrome shortcut has that underneath the icon now

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic