The Road to the Finals

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:04 AM

With a true PG the Lakers are gonna be tough to beat.
I believe in this team again. I believe they have the tools to beat OKC and SA in 7.
And thankfully were only 6 games out of 1st place.
I believe with Sessions playing quarterback for us the Western Conference is gonna go through LA.
And because of that a Kobe vs. Bron Finals has become a likely possibility again.
I'm looking forward to it.

#2 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:05 AM

i wanna see how we do in the 1st round, its scary

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#3 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,510 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:05 AM

bench production is still bothering me..a lot

bw1wOGf.png

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:09 AM

bench production is still bothering me..a lot

Yea me too if we got Beasley as a 6th man I'd be mad confident

But anyway I'm just happy that the Lakers got Sessions so the evil cynical version of LakersGAfan can die.

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,086 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:11 AM

Agreed

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:20 AM

The Lakers haven't had a good bench in the past 3 seasons. During the 07-08 season, they had one of the best benches in the league but that team wasn't good enough defensively. When the Lakers won back to back championships, the starters had to play at a high level all the time to win and whenever LO decided to play, the team was almost unbeatable. BUT remember, Pau and Kobe were younger then and were playing more efficiently. This is why Drew has to continue to play at this level, because if he does, then it can offset Kobe's mileage and Pau's little drop off.

Sessions will also be a huge help because our players will now get easier and open looks in rhythm when he penetrates. He also has the ability to finish well lat the rim and this team hasn't had this in a looooonnnnngggg time. I would like to see Sessions play with the bench some times as well because he, Barnes , and McRoberts can be deadly in the open floor and that speedy lineup will increase the tempo.

I just hope that when the playoffs roll around, Sessions will be better acclimated and Pau will become that player that he used to be while Andrew is still able to be a beast inside. Artest has to have some games where he contributes offensively and because the bench is so poor, they just have to hold onto leads (easier said than done..lol.).

A lot of things have to go JUST RIGHT for the Lakers to even make it to the WCF and the Finals but regardless, it should be fun to watch our team with a young and athletic PG for the rest of the way.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 17, 2012 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:29 AM

We definitely have a lot better shot at making the finals than we did a week ago. If Barnes can keep playing well and we can pick up a decent free agent maybe that can shore up our bench a lil, we can be serious contenders.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Goudelock will get the minutes now, he needs to take advantage

Also, Bynum needs to adjust to Sessions a little when the 2nd unit comes on, we saw how well Barnes/Sessions looked on uptempo offensive sets.

I think we'll be ok. I know bench is a little weak but maybe we dont need bench scoring since Point Guard defense has gotten stronger... Know what I mean? We're a very good defensive team already even though we had a HUGE problem at PG defense and just a slightly above average player like Sessions can help us go to elite status

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since it's a shortened season. There are only 22 games left for the Lakers. I won't count on getting hot enough to get the #1 seed. The Thunder seem to be playing too good to catch. Ideally it would be great if we can catch the Spurs and get the 2 seed to have two rounds with home court advantage. The Lakers (16 losses) are actually closer to the 8th seed (20 losses) than the 1st seed (11 loses).

The main thing is building chemistry with Sessions and staying healthy going into the playoffs. Once in, If the Lakers can take care of all home games they will only need to win one on the road each round. Easily said than done.

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yea me too if we got Beasley as a 6th man I'd be mad confident

But anyway I'm just happy that the Lakers got Sessions so the evil cynical version of LakersGAfan can die.

I am very excited again. I'm gonna buy the Direct TV NBA package next week for $99 so I can see Sessions run the floor for the rest of the season.

Sessions on the Cavs was a stiletto switch blade. But Sessions on the Lakers is gonna be our Excalibur. He is gonna make Kobe, Pau, Drew and everyone else on the Lakers better simply because hes gonna absorb defensive pressure when hes got the ball and actually be able to play defense and close his lane. That fixes our perimeter defense because theres less rotations happening to try and close the wide open lane from the PG who with 1 step got dribble penetration.

And Sessions shot percentage is gonna rise because the open looks hes gonna get via Kobe roaming and screwing with defenses because KB will be able to play off the ball when he wants. Its a defensive nightmare. WOOOHOOOO!

Then with defenses worried about that wtf do you do about Pau and Drew...lol. Rons gonna have lots of open 3's from kick outs and Pau is the best passing big in the league.

And expect the Lakers points allowed per game to drop because teams will not get PG dribble penetration 90% of the time. That = more wins during close games.

Yea, I am very optimistic again.

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:02 AM

I think if we want a shot at the Finals, we HAVE to get that #2 seed. We play the Spurs three times (twice on the road) so those will be crucial wins if we want to get up there. Also we get OKC twice at home so those are more monumental games.

It still remains to be seen how this team will fair on the road the rest of the season, but I am confident with this team having HCA.

Our schedule the rest of the way works out well for us so hopefully we take advantage of that.

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:11 AM

1 more thing, the trade deadline has passed which means Pau will be worry free, if he can play like the 19/10 guy that we won the championship with, look out.

Even though we made one addition its like

MWP's game going up
Pau's game going up
Glock's game going up because of increased minutes

So just collectively I expect our guys to step up, even though we dont have the most talented roster we do have a puncher's chance and a MUCH MUCH better chance to get out of the West than we did before the deadline

Just gotta pray our guys stay healthy thats the key

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm really looking forward to the playoffs I really think our big 3 are gonna put in some serious work

#14 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:22 AM

I think we can beat OKC and San Antonio, but that doesn't mean we are the best in the West, OKC is the best team and is a toss up for number 2 with the Lakers and San Antonio but like I said we can still beat any team in the West. We'll just have to wait

Posted Image

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Ron is out Wild Card. If he can play like he did in 2009/2010 that would be huge.

Hes been better off late

Edited by MDI, March 17, 2012 - 11:25 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:34 AM

If LA were to make the Finals and played Chicago or Miami, those two teams would obviously have HCA. But some people think that the 2-3-2 format doesn't really favor the team with HCA all that much. I think HCA is important, especially since this team has looked so bad on the road this season. Either way, Chicago would be an easier task than Miami.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 17, 2012 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

#17 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't think Sessions is going to improve the team enough to win it all, but we might win a round or two more in the playoffs.

#18 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,439 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Western conference finals are now a possibility.

Pau Gasol must return to his championship form for the Lakers to advance further in the playoffs. Mike Brown has the Lakers buying into his defensive philosophy. Keeping opposing point guards out of the paint and guarding the three were our weaknesses. Ramon Sessions is quick on the perimeter. He doesn't have to go under the screen all of the time. The rotations on the perimeter will be quicker. Bynum doesn't have to worry about being hung out to dry because Fisher can't keep up with his man.

Still don't have the Lakers winning the championship.

#19 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Mad Dog

Posted March 17, 2012 - 12:34 PM

I won't be content just making it to the finals. Miami is a big threat. The question is do we have enough to beat them? It's yet to be seen, one thing is sure though, with the addition of Sessions, the Lakers are once again a threat, and the league will realize that sooner rather than later
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#20 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 17, 2012 - 01:08 PM

i do not want to play Memphis at all
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users