119 replies to this topic

#21 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,905 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 16, 2012 - 02:04 AM

Looking at his play and points per minute I think he is a solid pickup, I like what I see from his jump shot and aggressiveness. I have a feeling he can give us 8-10 a game maybe even 10-15 as he grows into his role more and on the bench that is great especially if it rests Bynum and Gasol more. I like what I see from him he just needs to catch passes better.

I think he has potential (top 10 picks better)

He was stuck behind Amare in NY...
Dantonieis terrible with bigs...
I believe he was moved so they could get melo (or was it amare?)
Houston did not give him enough of a chance

I think he comes in and is the first BIG off the bench...
Forget Murphy and McRoberts

I think he gives10-18 mins a night RIGHT away(of course, no one knows what mike brown do, and he will likely do the worst thing we can think of)

i think he should be able play solid defense, and get a few easy buckets while grabbing a rebound or two...

5 points 4 rebounds a game is not out of the question, and it seems likely that his production will outpace that.
\

Although, i think people are high if they think he can play the 3...

he is a PF/C

#22 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2012 - 02:15 AM

I got it from saying "But if the guy can average around 7 points in 13-14 minutes played thats an upgrade and it gives us a backup 3,4,5 that can do that and it gives Pau and Bynum more resting time which I'm for."

Which I don't think he's capable of at all because of his severely limited offensive game. He can't play the 3, no way he can keep up on the perimeter. I'm not sure if he'll be able to body up any of the bigger 4's and 5's in the league considering he's probably closer to 6'8 than 6'10 and weighs only 235 pounds. I'd be surprised if he even got much run off the bench when McRoberts can't even get off the bench.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'm being realistic when it comes to Jordan Hill. He's not going to be doing much for us with his offensive limitations, lack of size, and general lack of basketball skill. I'd be very surprised if he got anywhere near 15-18 mpg for us and more surprised if he actually produced. There's only so much a player can do with hustle and apparently it's not enough to even get McRoberts minutes on this team.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,990 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 16, 2012 - 03:05 AM

Which I don't think he's capable of at all because of his severely limited offensive game. He can't play the 3, no way he can keep up on the perimeter. I'm not sure if he'll be able to body up any of the bigger 4's and 5's in the league considering he's probably closer to 6'8 than 6'10 and weighs only 235 pounds. I'd be surprised if he even got much run off the bench when McRoberts can't even get off the bench.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I'm being realistic when it comes to Jordan Hill. He's not going to be doing much for us with his offensive limitations, lack of size, and general lack of basketball skill. I'd be very surprised if he got anywhere near 15-18 mpg for us and more surprised if he actually produced. There's only so much a player can do with hustle and apparently it's not enough to even get McRoberts minutes on this team.

I'll link what TKain said

Just some random Jordan Hill games from this year

how about 12 points, 12 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 18 mins?

Most mins in a game this season? 28 mins.. 11 points 15 rebounds

What about back to back double doubles in 19 and 22 mins a night?

Knicks only played him 20 mins in a game ONE time
Rockets only played him 30+ mins in a game THREE TIMES

the kid has had very little chance to play

I think this oppertunity will be AMAZING for him
I am not saying he will make Pau expendable in a year...

But, i am saying i think he can post a double double off the bench backing up Pau and Byunum

When McRoberts and Murphy come in, the defense gets a break, this guy is going to make people work, or Hill is going to make plays.

Im not going to be like some people and say he is going to average double digets in points, and play the SF spot... but he will be a VERY capible backup to Pau and Bynum

And I agree with him, and Hill is coming off a 14 point 8 rebound game where he was sick and he played 15 mins there. I think he can ball it's just a question of whether he'll fit the system and get his chances and flourish under this offense. I believe he'll do well.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,905 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'll link what TKain said

And I agree with him,

Im going to quote that...
Cause no one agrees with me...
ever.....

But i still think your high if you think he can play SF...

#25 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 16, 2012 - 03:34 AM

That's everybodys mistake. Thinking he'll be a great backup. I'm expecting for the worst. This always happens with Laker fans, we get some new players and everybody think they're amazing. This guy is a scrub, waste of the 8th pick, sure he might be decent, but he's been a waste as of now.

Yea I don't think he's gonna do [expletive]

#26 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,041 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 16, 2012 - 04:19 AM

He hasn't done much at all during his career. But, maybe not having to play C will have a good effect on him.

Posted Image

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 16, 2012 - 04:42 AM

The good thing about Jordan Hill is that he's coming to a team that won't necessarily need him to be an offensive threat while he's on the floor. Players that are brought in for their physical play (for Hill, what he does on the glass and helping keep guys out of the paint) will have it far easier on the offensive end if their teammates are Kobe, Drew and Gasol. He isn't going to be DeMarcus Cousins, as far as inconsistency and inefficiency goes (and Cousins is a good player, if you overlook that).

Let's be honest...at one point, he was playing in the Princeton offense with guys that jack shots. Most of the time, Lowry was not the PG everyone saw him to be for ONLY about a couple of months in the first half of this season, and you had guys like Brooks, Martin, and Scola being a chunk of the offense...three guys that, really, don't create for anyone in the same magnitude our trio does.

If Jordan can finally feel comfortable with the team he's playing for, he can keep his head in the game and be a good backup. Keep in mind that this is only his third NBA season, third team, and to be honest, you have to ignore anything that happened in New York because simply put, that team was put together poorly, stacked with offensively-talented role players with a coach that had no PG to run the system he loves the most, and there was no way anyone was going to look good there if they weren't offensively-injected.

I'm usually highly critical of guys on this team, and on any team for that matter...but Jordan Hill can be much better than Troy Murphy and Josh McRoberts, given the fact that he's not like either of those backups in style or substance. As long as everyone isn't setting the bar too high (sixth man Lamar Odom high), he will be fine.

I wouldn't have traded a 2012 first-rounder for him, mainly because of the talent we could have had in this draft...but it is what it is.

#28 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 16, 2012 - 06:37 AM

I agree with TKain and RD. He isn't going to put up great numbers but he is better than Murphy and McRoberts and I hope he gets burn over them. He is a hustle and gritty type player that can rebound and score off of passes and hustle. He definitely won't be creating for himself but who really expects that. Just the fact that he is now our best big man off the bench, I'm all for him getting some burn but my expectations aren't high.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 16, 2012 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 16, 2012 - 07:23 AM

This team is going to be great for Jordan to thrive in. He's a young big with potential and like stated is a upgrade over mcbob and Murphy.

He'll have less pressure here on the offensive end. Who knows maybe he'll start working out with Pau and Bynum to hone his skills, I know I would if I was a Laker big.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 16, 2012 - 08:06 AM

If you're sick of Troy Murphy, you'll be happy about this...even if he doesn't pan out to be that great, since Murphy is horrible.

#31 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,226 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 16, 2012 - 10:10 AM

he will rock #27

Jordan Hill is the 1st Laker to wear #27 in LA. Art Spolestra wore #27 for the Minneapolis Lakers during the 1957-58 season. @jordanchill43

Lakers twitter

#32 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Played the role of luke walton perfectly tonight

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#33 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:06 PM

haha
Posted Image

#34 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,905 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Played the role of luke walton perfectly tonight

I do not think he was active?

Until Fisher reports to the Rockets, this trade is still not complete.
I did not see him at all tonight...

Im not sure if he was on the bench (i doubt it)
Behind the bench in a suit (most likely)
Or sitting in the owners box with Dr. Buss (possible)

Im happy Sessions played...
And i will be awaiting the debut of Mr. Hill with eager anticipation

#35 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:29 PM

I do not think he was active?

Until Fisher reports to the Rockets, this trade is still not complete.
I did not see him at all tonight...

Im not sure if he was on the bench (i doubt it)
Behind the bench in a suit (most likely)
Or sitting in the owners box with Dr. Buss (possible)

Im happy Sessions played...
And i will be awaiting the debut of Mr. Hill with eager anticipation

He was behind in a suit and joined in on huddles during timeouts

21lsbya.jpg

#36 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Can't wait to see his debut against the Jazz..

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hes like Ronny 2.0

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 06:31 AM

He can't play till Fisher reports to Rockets and trade is official

21lsbya.jpg

#39 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:04 AM

He can't play till Fisher reports to Rockets and trade is official

Why? That's some strange rule

#40 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,266 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 18, 2012 - 10:09 AM

The good thing about Jordan Hill is that he's coming to a team that won't necessarily need him to be an offensive threat while he's on the floor. Players that are brought in for their physical play (for Hill, what he does on the glass and helping keep guys out of the paint) will have it far easier on the offensive end if their teammates are Kobe, Drew and Gasol. He isn't going to be DeMarcus Cousins, as far as inconsistency and inefficiency goes (and Cousins is a good player, if you overlook that).

Let's be honest...at one point, he was playing in the Princeton offense with guys that jack shots. Most of the time, Lowry was not the PG everyone saw him to be for ONLY about a couple of months in the first half of this season, and you had guys like Brooks, Martin, and Scola being a chunk of the offense...three guys that, really, don't create for anyone in the same magnitude our trio does.

If Jordan can finally feel comfortable with the team he's playing for, he can keep his head in the game and be a good backup. Keep in mind that this is only his third NBA season, third team, and to be honest, you have to ignore anything that happened in New York because simply put, that team was put together poorly, stacked with offensively-talented role players with a coach that had no PG to run the system he loves the most, and there was no way anyone was going to look good there if they weren't offensively-injected.

I'm usually highly critical of guys on this team, and on any team for that matter...but Jordan Hill can be much better than Troy Murphy and Josh McRoberts, given the fact that he's not like either of those backups in style or substance. As long as everyone isn't setting the bar too high (sixth man Lamar Odom high), he will be fine.

I wouldn't have traded a 2012 first-rounder for him, mainly because of the talent we could have had in this draft...but it is what it is.

:worthy: lol Totally agree. Dude can really hustle and rebound. Hill is going to be a great back up PF/C. Dude knows how to block out too. Plus he's physical. We need that. Also he's young so he can still learn, get some lessons from Gasol and Bynum

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, March 18, 2012 - 10:16 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users