119 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,557 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 16, 2012 - 12:51 AM

I really haven't seen his game. But from what I heard he's the type of player who gets rebounds and has great post defense but not so much offensive skills.

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:01 AM

From what I remember of him in college, he was an energy player that was extremely raw. I'm not sure he has any real basketball skills to be completely honest.

#3 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:05 AM

He's a decent backup center, athletic and runs, hustles, below average bball iq, no real post skills, can dunk the ball, decent rebounder, and a below average shotblocker .... this is all my opinion tho from what ive seen him do on the court
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#4 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:07 AM

i think it was also a salary dump too, at least thats what ive been reading
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#5 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:07 AM

Murphy - Bynum

Gasol - Hill

looking good.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:08 AM

From what I remember of him in college, he was an energy player that was extremely raw. I'm not sure he has any real basketball skills to be completely honest.

College

Some summer league stuff near the end half of that video(4:30 onwards), he appears to have a pretty nice jumper.

NBA first game with significant minutes

The points he gets per minute when he plays limited minutes is pretty good if I think about it.

He played with flu like symptoms last time out on 3/14 and got 14 points 8 rebounds 1 steal and 1 block.

So we can work with him and he seems he can range from good, to really good depending on how he flourishes with us, he'll probably get more minutes as well.

Edited by Majesty, March 16, 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:09 AM

We could've had Beasley for Fisher but instead we get this.

Posted Image

#8 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:11 AM

We could've had Beasley for Fisher but instead we get this.

No, that deal fell threw.

Maybe he can be our P. J. Brown.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/142881605.html

Edited by Chad, March 16, 2012 - 01:13 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#9 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:15 AM

No, that deal fell threw.

Maybe he can be our P. J. Brown.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/142881605.html

Read next time, buddy. smh. :nah:

Posted Image

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Looking at his play and points per minute I think he is a solid pickup, I like what I see from his jump shot and aggressiveness. I have a feeling he can give us 8-10 a game maybe even 10-15 as he grows into his role more and on the bench that is great especially if it rests Bynum and Gasol more. I like what I see from him he just needs to catch passes better.

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:17 AM

Per 36 minute numbers can be greatly skewed. Judging by the fact that he played for both Houston and the Knicks, both teams that could have used a capable PF/C, and barely got any minutes, I'd say he's going to be nothing more than a guy that comes in for spot minutes every now and then. I don't think he'll make much of an impact for us to be honest. Maybe next season if we decide to keep him and develop him. He's just so damn raw even after 3 seasons in the NBA.

A change of scenario might do him some good, but I'm not expecting much from Jordan Hill.

#12 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:18 AM

Per 36 minute numbers can be greatly skewed. Judging by the fact that he played for both Houston and the Knicks, both teams that could have used a capable PF/C, and barely got any minutes, I'd say he's going to be nothing more than a guy that comes in for spot minutes every now and then. I don't think he'll make much of an impact for us to be honest. Maybe next season if we decide to keep him and develop him. He's just so damn raw even after 3 seasons in the NBA.

A change of scenario might do him some good, but I'm not expecting much from Jordan Hill.

That's everybodys mistake. Thinking he'll be a great backup. I'm expecting for the worst. This always happens with Laker fans, we get some new players and everybody think they're amazing. This guy is a scrub, waste of the 8th pick, sure he might be decent, but he's been a waste as of now.

Posted Image

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:24 AM

That's everybodys mistake. Thinking he'll be a great backup. I'm expecting for the worst. This always happens with Laker fans, we get some new players and everybody think they're amazing. This guy is a scrub, waste of the 8th pick, sure he might be decent, but he's been a waste as of now.

Like I said I wouldn't judge till i've seen what he can do. But if the guy can average around 7 points in 13-14 minutes played thats an upgrade and it gives us a backup 3,4,5 that can do that and it gives Pau and Bynum more resting time which I'm for. Like I said all we needed was another scorer and a backup center that can produce. He's a backup center that can produce so we'll do well with him. I only Wish Kareem was still here to teach him too.

#14 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:27 AM

Like I said I wouldn't judge till i've seen what he can do. But if the guy can average around 7 points in 13-14 minutes played thats an upgrade and it gives us a backup 3,4,5 that can do that and it gives Pau and Bynum more resting time which I'm for. Like I said all we needed was another scorer and a backup center that can produce. He's a backup center that can produce so we'll do well with him. I only Wish Kareem was still here to teach him too.

I'm not surprised the Knicks would draft this guy at number 8 and have him turn out like this. But I guess that's the draft for you.

Posted Image

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm not surprised the Knicks would draft this guy at number 8 and have him turn out like this. But I guess that's the draft for you.

In the limited minutes he played he produced well. I wouldn't expect him to get 15 points per averaging 14 minutes per game but him getting in the high 7s and such while being in 14 13 minutes each game is a nice average, I think he's a very underrated pickup and thats how I like it. I like when we surprise people.

#16 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:38 AM

He's never averaged 7 points a game in his entire career, not sure where you're getting that from. Career 15 mpg player with averages of 5/4.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:42 AM

He's never averaged 7 points a game in his entire career, not sure where you're getting that from. Career 15 mpg player with averages of 5/4.

I got it from saying "But if the guy can average around 7 points in 13-14 minutes played thats an upgrade and it gives us a backup 3,4,5 that can do that and it gives Pau and Bynum more resting time which I'm for."

I was saying what would be nice for him to do for us not what he does right now. What he does right now is the 5 points plus at limited playing time. But I think with us he'd get a few more touches especially with a PG like Blake and him being an actual backup center. I can see Blake making a lot of plays for him especially in Brown's offense when it comes to the bench.

#18 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:43 AM

He has a team option for next year. Relax. We just got an extra player, depth in frontcourt giving up nothing. He sucks big time, can't adapt? Then we cut his junk. He's good and providing good numbers in limited playing time? He's young and we continue with him.

There's nothing to get stressed over.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:49 AM

He has a team option for next year. Relax. We just got an extra player, depth in frontcourt giving up nothing. He sucks big time, can't adapt? Then we cut his junk. He's good and providing good numbers in limited playing time? He's young and we continue with him.

There's nothing to get stressed over.

Your mentality is "if he's good GREAT FOR US! If he's bad, no skin off our neck."

#20 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,322 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 16, 2012 - 01:50 AM

He looks like a taller version of Josh Powell without the range .. Let's see if he can be useful ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users