• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 16, 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hill is cousin to Trevor Booker (who is from Union SC).
Sessions is from Myrtle Beach SC.

LOL...South Cack connections galore...

Back on topic...

I see Jordan as having similar impact as Josh Powell. Serviceable energy guy who can give you solid minutes off the bench and not hurt you when Bynum and/or Pau has to sit. I also think playing with Pau will make scoring easier for him...both Pau and Bynum have shown a willingness to draw attention and put it up near the rim for the other. If Hill can pick up on that, he just may become a fan favorite.

I don't see him hurting us. As long as he can rebound, dunk and block a few shots, he will be a welcome addition to our bench.

#22 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 16, 2012 - 10:33 AM

Oh...and Hollinger is a fraud. Basketball can not, nor will it ever be, reduced to numbers.

The day we start seriously analyzing sports via formulas and stats alone is the day I french kiss my Old English Mastiff...and that's NEVER gonna happen.

Just imagine if Hollinger was asked to quantify Babe Ruth's contribution and determine if The Babe should retain HOF status...I can guarantee that Hollinger's stats would place Babe so far down the list of baseball greats that future generations would think he was a scrub.

If you're depending on Hollinger to tell you what you should think of players, you don't deserve to watch basketball or any other sport. Hop on a time machine back to Communist USSR or Cuba circa 1960...

Hollinger is the basketball equivalent of Orwell's "Big Brother" in "1984"...Before long, we will all be told when to clap and when to boo based on the numbers he provides us without questioning where the numbers come from or their accuracy.

#23 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,875 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted March 16, 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hollinger has always been wrong on all his picks.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users