Photo

What grade would you give the Lakers front office on deadline day performance?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:32 PM

genius? not quite its ramon sessions not chris paul so relax but im looking forward to big things from this guy.. i agree it was great being able to dump walton and his contract..but i stress the point again the bench! its the same exact bench that is averaging a league worst 20 ppg. no true scoring threat to come out and give us instant offense..im hopeful brown will let goudelock play more now but i doubt it..we missed out on aquiring a bench scorer but improved at the point. i give it a B.

The genius brought us Chris Paul too.

Mitch is a genius.

Posted Image

#82 A-Train

A-Train

The Cat

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:6 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,Shaq,Ramon Sessions

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:34 PM

A-

Gonna miss Fish. Lakers FO did the best they could. Now it all lies on the hearts of the men wearing Purple and Gold

SF Giants
SF 49ers
SJ Sharks
LA Lakers
100% Cali

#83 YoungCity1415

YoungCity1415

Rookie

• 167 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:39 PM

The genius brought us Chris Paul too.

Mitch is a genius.

and obviously you aint :eh:

#84 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:49 PM

The Lakers and Blazers had agreed to a three-team trade that would've sent Michael Beasley to the Lakers, with Jamal Crawford and Derek Fisher heading to the Timberwolves, according to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com. However, the T-Wolves pulled out of the deal, says Cooper (Twitter link).

Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune echoes Howard-Cooper's report, saying that Minnesota decided upgrading from Beasley to Crawford wasn't enough to justify the additional salary heading to the T-Wolves (Twitter link). The Wolves also had no guarantee that Crawford would exercise his player option and remain in Minnesota next season, says Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida

Zgoda adds that Luke Ridnour and Steve Blake don't seem to have been involved in the discussed deal, as the Blazers would have received Dallas' first-round pick from the Lakers

Can't post links since I'm on my phone but this article does a good job of clearing up a few things.

So in the end, it was the Timberwolves that screwed us over.

#85 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:03 PM

The Lakers and Blazers had agreed to a three-team trade that would've sent Michael Beasley to the Lakers, with Jamal Crawford and Derek Fisher heading to the Timberwolves, according to Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com. However, the T-Wolves pulled out of the deal, says Cooper (Twitter link).

Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune echoes Howard-Cooper's report, saying that Minnesota decided upgrading from Beasley to Crawford wasn't enough to justify the additional salary heading to the T-Wolves (Twitter link). The Wolves also had no guarantee that Crawford would exercise his player option and remain in Minnesota next season, says Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida

Zgoda adds that Luke Ridnour and Steve Blake don't seem to have been involved in the discussed deal, as the Blazers would have received Dallas' first-round pick from the Lakers

Can't post links since I'm on my phone but this article does a good job of clearing up a few things.

So in the end, it was the Timberwolves that screwed us over.

Actually, it might be a blessing in disguise for the Lakers. Yes, getting Beasley would have been great for the Lakers but they would only have one point guard that would be Ramon Sessions. I don't think Mike Brown would consider Darius Morris as a back up to Sessions. So, yeah it could potentially be a blessing in a disguise for the Lakers.

#86 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,161 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:07 PM

B+: we got a PG and a better backup at PF than Murphy (not so sure about McRoberts) and we got rid of Luke and Kapono... only downside we didn't get Beasley

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#87 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:13 PM

Stephen A. Smith is going off on the Lakers FO right now. LOL!!!

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 15, 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

#88 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Don't see why so many people are giving them a high grade. They still don't have a bench. They still don't have any offense at SF.

PG was the biggest need and they solved it, but they didn't do enough to improve the team.

Posted Image

#89 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Stephen A. Smith is going off on the Lakers FO right now. LOL!!!

What's he saying right now? Ugh! That guys always goes off at the Lakers management. He's probably saying that Lakers shouldn't have traded Derek Fisher.

#90 Sung

Sung

Rookie

• 83 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:17 PM

A

#91 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:18 PM

Don't see why so many people are giving them a high grade. They still don't have a bench. They still don't have any offense at SF.

PG was the biggest need and they solved it, but they didn't do enough to improve the team.

I understand your point of view but it's not like the Lakers didn't try to acquire Beasley. It's hard to do a deal if other GM doesn't want to cooperate with your own GM. I am just glad that they did get younger and shred some salary even if it's a small salary.

#92 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:22 PM

What's he saying right now? Ugh! That guys always goes off at the Lakers management. He's probably saying that Lakers shouldn't have traded Derek Fisher.

He said getting Sessions was a nice move and it was a good move to trade Fish for basketball reasons, but for locker room and leadership issues, the Lakers will suffer because now more pressure is on Kobe. He also said that the FO cares more about shedding salary than winning.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 15, 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

#93 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:25 PM

I understand your point of view but it's not like the Lakers didn't try to acquire Beasley. It's hard to do a deal if other GM doesn't want to cooperate with your own GM. I am just glad that they did get younger and shred some salary even if it's a small salary.

Lakers should have done something to make the bench better though. It's awful how it is right now.

Hopefully they do something before the deadline to sign free agents and have them playoff-eligible ends.

Posted Image

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:29 PM

He said it was a good move to trade Fish for basketball reasons, but for locker room and leadership issues, the Lakers will suffer because now more pressure is on Kobe.

There's not THAT Much more pressure on Kobe, I mean, from a leadership standpoint, I suppose to some extent, but playing-wise, Fisher wasn't exactly 'LEADING BY EXAMPLE' with his play on the court NOR helping Kobe specifically out there either much.

yo.

#95 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:42 PM

B

We got a pg to answer our need. Got to unload players that are not contributing and shed salary at the same time. We got younger and quicker. TPE still with us. The only problem that I see is that there is still no good scorer off the bench. Beasley would have been good for us but the trade didn't wen't in.

#96 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,447 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Stephen A. Smith blaming Lakers management is what he does best. I thought management did a nice job given the circumstances. This year has been hell for Mitch and Jim. They recovered nicely.

#97 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:45 PM

You really think this deal was done behind Kobe's and Derek's back after they messed up the coaching hire?

I give the organization more credit than that.

I think it's more disrespectful to bury Fish on the bench as the 12th man rather than let him play and get something for him.

Given the respect Mitch shows laker players this is a good insight into his decision making.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#98 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Stephen A. Smith blaming Lakers management is what he does best. I thought management did a nice job given the circumstances. This year has been hell for Mitch and Jim. They recovered nicely.

Since Fish is Kobe's right arm it makes sense Stephen A is blaming laker mgmt. for this move. Stephen A imo likes to think of himself as a players sports analyst for obvious reasons most of which it allows him access to players and there opinions. That said I have grown to like Stephen A to a great degree, but on this opinion I would have to disagree.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#99 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:51 PM

C = current moves made today

No Cp3, no Howard, No DWill = F
No Jr. Smith, no Crawford, no Josh Smith = D

Not grounded in reality but thats why they have fantsy leagues friend! Overall a big improvement major kudos for pulling this one off Mitch and Jimbo!!

#100 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,162 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:55 PM

I am listening to the SAS show and this guy is hilarious! :laughing:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users