#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,497 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 10, 2012 - 08:07 PM

Like I said, if you'd rather Kapono and Murphy be out there than Green on our team you can say so :P As of right now he's better than both of them and would have been the athletic upgrade the team needed after the loss of Shannon.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 10, 2012 - 08:09 PM

Wrong.

Those trades happened before the season.

Okay whatever a trade is a trade and the lakers needed a trade the most out of the nba ..... But this is getting off topic cause obviously the front office should have signed Gerald green let alone Zach Andrews than Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy..... And josh mcroberts was the only player signing I liked this season....but he's useless with out a point gaurd on offense but plays good defense and gives us that energy we need as well

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 10, 2012 - 08:17 PM

we did make a trade but it got vetoed remember, its not like mitch can say well now lets trade for another superstar and do its  a lot harder than that

Edited by Hollywood, March 10, 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#44 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, maybe we did miss out, but who knows...We still need to see him play well consistently. For what it's worth, I think Goudelock could put up crazy numbers if he got a lot of shot attempts, which he doesn't, and which Green honestly wouldn't either on this team.

#45 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 11:52 PM

I was at that game last night. Prudential Center isn't normally loud, but in the 2nd half that crowd was electric. When he dunked it the place went wild.

I'm glad the Nets took a chance on him. They've had a revolving door of SFs until they signed Green. Good for him and the Nets.

Just finished making this too - Big Things Are Coming - Gerald Green Alley Oop

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,497 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:30 AM

I was at that game last night. Prudential Center isn't normally loud, but in the 2nd half that crowd was electric. When he dunked it the place went wild.

I'm glad the Nets took a chance on him. They've had a revolving door of SFs until they signed Green. Good for him and the Nets.

Just finished making this too - Big Things Are Coming - Gerald Green Alley Oop

Yeah I REALLY hope we get another chance to sign him but if he keeps playing well the Nets are probably gonna try to give him a bigger contract. I mean he brought the arenas( and the other teams bench) off their feet lol.

He should have been our replacement for Shannon NOT TO MENTION how it would have helped us at the 3 because of Odoms departure... but Kapono got lucky and hit two threes and now he gets to warm the bench while not producing at all while we didnt give Green a freaking 10 day when he was MVP of the D-league after getting cut. Our loss if we never sign him, he SHOULD BE a Laker.

Edited by Majesty, March 11, 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#47 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:57 AM

Yeah I REALLY hope we get another chance to sign him but if he keeps playing well the Nets are probably gonna try to give him a bigger contract. I mean he brought the arenas( and the other teams bench) off their feet lol.

He should have been our replacement for Shannon NOT TO MENTION how it would have helped us at the 3 because of Odoms departure... but Kapono got lucky and hit two threes and now he gets to warm the bench while not producing at all while we didnt give Green a freaking 10 day when he was MVP of the D-league after getting cut. Our loss if we never sign him, he SHOULD BE a Laker.

Kapono was a proven veteran who came in to fill the holes we needed case in point 3PT shooting, I would not call that luck by any means, i would rather have taken a chance on Kapono rather than Green, as far as him being better its easy to have a good game once or twice in the NBA, its easy to say now we should of taken a chance on him now but I trust management that's why most everyone on this site would fail as a GM
Posted Image

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,497 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 01:03 AM

Kapono was a proven veteran who came in to fill the holes we needed case in point 3PT shooting, I would not call that luck by any means, i would rather have taken a chance on Kapono rather than Green, as far as him being better its easy to have a good game once or twice in the NBA, its easy to say now we should of taken a chance on him now but I trust management that's why most everyone on this site would fail as a GM

Would giving him a 10 day contract have hurt? Not like we were playing Kapono.

#49 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 01:04 AM

Would giving him a 10 day contract have hurt? Not like we were playing Kapono.

probably not but i trust management
Posted Image

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 07:31 AM

Okay whatever a trade is a trade and the lakers needed a trade the most out of the nba ..... But this is getting off topic cause obviously the front office should have signed Gerald green let alone Zach Andrews than Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy..... And josh mcroberts was the only player signing I liked this season....but he's useless with out a point gaurd on offense but plays good defense and gives us that energy we need as well

You're right, a trade is a trade.... And the Lakers had pulled the trigger on a deal but had absolutely 0 control over it thanks to David Stern.

Like I said earlier, in hindsight it was a mistake to sign Kapono. Murphy hasn't been that bad of a signing and McRoberts has been a disappointment.

Realize something, it took Gerald Green more than half the season to latch on with a team and it ended up being a lottery team. If the Lakers were stupid to pass on him, well there are plenty of other teams that did the same thing.

If you look at the decision our staff made to bring in Kapono over Green, many other teams make that same decision considering the information and career of both players.

There's always more to a story than just stats. I think that's the case here. If he were a bonafide bench player like a couple of you are acting like he is, he would have joined a playoff team looking for upgrades. At this point, he's simply a player with about his fourth chance in the league and looking to show people he's somewhat above average and consistent. Whether he proves that.... Well it remains to be seen.

#51 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 05:54 PM

He just dropped another 26 points in a win ...........

#52 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 05:57 PM

well lets offer him a Max contract then
Posted Image

#53 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:31 PM

well lets offer him a Max contract then

Lmao you mad? U was wrong

#54 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:34 PM

i was wrong? he had two good games in his career yes I regret not getting him
Posted Image

#55 bsfatonovich

bsfatonovich

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Fan Since:Magic
  • Fav. Laker:George Lynch

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:35 PM

HAHA. So a guy that has sucked for years goes and scores twenty points while playing a crappy team, and this is a FO failure? If you really think that keeping a guy who can't play defense and couldn't learn the offense would make the Lakers contenders, then you are also probably wondering why your Luke Walton + MWP for Howard isn't going through even though it worked on the ESPN trade machine. There is a reason Green had to play in the D league and can't stay on a team...he sucks...so in that vein, he would have fit perfectly with the Lakers bench.

#56 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:37 PM

Cj wildin that's all

Edited by Hollywood, March 14, 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:47 PM

HAHA. So a guy that has sucked for years goes and scores twenty points while playing a crappy team, and this is a FO failure? If you really think that keeping a guy who can't play defense and couldn't learn the offense would make the Lakers contenders, then you are also probably wondering why your Luke Walton + MWP for Howard isn't going through even though it worked on the ESPN trade machine. There is a reason Green had to play in the D league and can't stay on a team...he sucks...so in that vein, he would have fit perfectly with the Lakers bench.

Dayum you really don't like this guy huh? And hes a cheap spark off the bench... But all I'm saying is Gerald green>>>>>Luke Walton, Devin Ebanks, andrew goudelock, Jason Kapono, and Steve Blake

#58 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Cj you high? haha
Posted Image

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,497 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 07:36 PM

He tore up the D-league and worked on a lot of things there, I saw the improvement in him as a player and wanted the Lakers to give him a 2nd chance or at least a 10 day contract. They didn't so now New Jersey will reap the benefits. Ya'll act like you wouldn't want an athletic Guard Forward on the Lakers bench that can jump out of the building hit threes and get 26 off the bench.

#60 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:05 PM

we 100% should have had Green on the roster...

Mistakes made...
Now, lets not make another one in the next 17 hours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users