53 replies to this topic

#1 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 08, 2012 - 01:26 AM

I just want to get everyone's view on what these two loses mean for the Lakers. Now I know alot of people will say this is not the time to overreact we will bounce back. Me personally I feel like this whole season has been abysmal. In my opinion I feel as if we need to blow up the roster. I know it may be harsh but I refuse to watch us fight fight and fight then get eliminated in the second round of the playoffs again. No one can blame it on a lack of practice or no preseason. We have just been horrid. Some will say well we are still a few games behind the clippers. That doesn't matter. We could be 1 game behind the clippers if the playoffs started next week we would get our @sses kicked. If we are going to lose I would rather it be because we are transitioning for the future. Give me your thoughts. MAJOR tweeks or MINOR tweeks??

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 08, 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,759 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 08, 2012 - 02:06 AM

We don't need to blow up the roster, that's a silly hyped up fairy tale that a "blown up" roster would help us.

We as a team are actually very close to being a deadlier team. We only need one or two adjustments. Everyone points to the "We need a distributing" PG. But honestly what we NEED is a bench center that can contribute, and a second consistent scorer on the bench unit. After that a PG will be nice but not the be all and end all.

For instance if we got Beasley for our bench, and Arenas for our 2nd bench scorer we'd be fine.

We could also get Beasley for our bench and Sessions as our PG to eventually get the starting spot after taking it from Fisher and acclimated with the team and the system. and after that point we just need a backup center and we're good.

ONE major change isn't gonna fix anything. Few minor tweaks here and there, we already are pretty close, just a few small tweaks will do the job. "blowing up" the team would cause a WHOLE bunch of new problems that can be avoided with a tweak here and there.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#3 Rad

Rad

• 1,536 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 02:15 AM

We need a PG and a SF who can score off the bench. That's it.

#4 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 02:30 AM

Minor tweaks: Add a competent PG and SF.

Major tweaks: Effort. Heart. Pride.

#5 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 03:01 AM

Minor tweeks will do nothing but put a band aid over the true problem. This team doesn't have the athleticism to compete with the younger championship contending teams. I would trade Gasol to the rockets for exactly what they offered in Scola Martin Dragic and a 1st round pick. I would keep Scola to replace gasol and send everything else including one of our first round picks to Boston just for rondo. We won't need Bass. Espn has already reported Boston is still trying to trade rondo. I would propose to them this deal and get it done. Then our lineup would be Rondo Kobe Metta Scola Bynum. Thats what I mean by a major change that can do nothing but help. Then going into the future we have Rondo and Bynum to build around.

#6 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 665 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted March 08, 2012 - 03:20 AM

Minor tweaks: Add a competent PG and SF.

Major tweaks: Effort. Heart. Pride.

Maybe not so much pride haha. Leave the egos at the door. Let's just hope they don't wait till the 15th waiting on Dwight and ultimately decide to do nothing...

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#7 YoungCity1415

YoungCity1415

Rookie

• 167 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted March 08, 2012 - 04:55 AM

We don't need to blow up the roster, that's a silly hyped up fairy tale that a "blown up" roster would help us.

We as a team are actually very close to being a deadlier team. We only need one or two adjustments. Everyone points to the "We need a distributing" PG. But honestly what we NEED is a bench center that can contribute, and a second consistent scorer on the bench unit. After that a PG will be nice but not the be all and end all.

For instance if we got Beasley for our bench, and Arenas for our 2nd bench scorer we'd be fine.

We could also get Beasley for our bench and Sessions as our PG to eventually get the starting spot after taking it from Fisher and acclimated with the team and the system. and after that point we just need a backup center and we're good.

ONE major change isn't gonna fix anything. Few minor tweaks here and there, we already are pretty close, just a few small tweaks will do the job. "blowing up" the team would cause a WHOLE bunch of new problems that can be avoided with a tweak here and there.

Enough wit the arenas push!!! Dude is not in the league for a reason

#8 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Blow it up! Pau & Bynum dont play well together on both sides of the ball = they have exhausted their full vlaue for Lakers. Get rid of both and get Howard and stop bullsheeting
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#9 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:35 AM

Blow it up! Pau & Bynum dont play well together on both sides of the ball = they have exhausted their full vlaue for Lakers. Get rid of both and get Howard and stop bullsheeting

I don't know about Howard but I posted a trade idea in the trade section that would make us contenders instantly and everyone involved is happy.

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 08, 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:46 AM

I don't know about Howard but I posted a trade idea in the trade section that would make us contenders instantly and everyone involved is happy.

link?

#11 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,370 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:46 AM

Major, I don't think we can survive a 7 game series with minor tweeks.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#12 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:48 AM

link?

It's on this forum in the trade section.

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,002 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:52 AM

a coach that can teach offense
a PG
a bench
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,370 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 08, 2012 - 06:56 AM

a coach that can teach offense
a PG
a bench

Shaw
---
Sessions
---
Beasley-Hinrich-Thompson

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#15 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Shaw
---
Sessions
---
Beasley-Hinrich-Thompson

NO

#16 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:27 AM

NO

Thank you. That's definite NO

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,841 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:41 AM

NO

#18 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:42 AM

NO

Yes. Why is it so many fans are afraid of change. Sheesh

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,978 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:44 AM

I think it should be major tweaks.

As much as I like Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe as a trio, our dynamic that we had in our two titles disappeared last season. I had said that when you go with a core roster for so long, it's eventually going to catch up with us and it did last year. Our size is great and everything but it's not a major factor anymore and it hasn't been since two seasons ago.

Going forward it has to be Kobe/Bynum with a very good point guard. It changes the way teams prepare for us and changes how this team plays offensively. My hope is Rondo because that's the only top pg that's available.

#20 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:44 AM

i think tweaks would be better; mainly a quick PG who can defend.

Edited by Vipe3773, March 08, 2012 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users