Photo

Kobe's Only Weakness...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,664 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image

#82 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm really not trying to bash Kobe but 41% FG shooting. Really? And it might go down to 40% at the seasons end. This is just pretty terrible. I know players having shooting slumps and bad shooting nights, but he hasn't really shot well at all this season. We are at a point where most people don't even expect him to shoot efficiently anymore. It's kind of sad to watch him play like this, seriously.

Father time is really catching up with him.You can just tell. He can't get by his defenders like he used to and he has to work so hard to get a clean look off with great defenders on him.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 29, 2012 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

#83 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:36 PM

It's kind of weird...Kobe is making more difficult shots than he is the easy ones. He misses more runners in the paint than I've seen him miss over the last 3-4 seasons, combined. The shots he makes are those that are guarded heavily, and they come out of nowhere, during the slump.

I get a feeling he's trying to get the referee to blow the whistle a bit too much now. When he gets to the rim, he's clearly looking for the foul, but he has to concentrate on getting the ball up and into the hoop.

Plus, I've noticed that Kobe can only spin and shoot his fadeaway one direction. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the knee, but when he does try and spin the opposite way, he doesn't get enough elevation, and he throws up a short jumper (like he did tonight a few times), and smart defensive players will play that all game long. It's easy to control the direction of a player in a post, if you're a high-IQ defensive player.

• 40,365 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:39 PM

So, Kobe is on a shooting slump for 2 months now. If he keeps shooting like this, he'll end up shooting under 40% for the year like Carmelo is having.

Frankly I'm pretty damn surprised he's not under 40 already, seriously.

yo.

#85 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm really not trying to bash Kobe but 41% FG shooting. Really? And it might go down to 40% at the seasons end. This is just pretty terrible. I know players having shooting slumps and bad shooting nights, but he hasn't really shot well at all this season. We are at a point where most people don't even expect him to shoot efficiently anymore. It's kind of sad to watch him play like this, seriously.

Father time is really catching up with him.You can just tell. He can't get by his defenders like he used to and he has to work so hard to get a clean look off with great defenders on him.

Like i've said on here and told my friends, if Kobe ends up averaging 29 ppg and wins a scoring tittle, but ends up at 39-42% for the year, i won't really be impressed. Dude averages 24 shots a game, he should get at least 30.

Congrats Kobe, you're in Iversons and Stackhouse's company. I just don't wanna see a stat down the line on an ESPN/TNT telecast showing "Players who averaged 29+ while shooting under 42%.." and see Kobe on there.

I don't want to bash Kobe either, but you let someone like LeBron, Wade or Durant average 24 FGA per game and i think they give you 35+ on more efficient shooting.

I really want him to snap out if it already.

#86 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't want to bash Kobe either, but you let someone like LeBron, Wade or Durant average 24 FGA per game and i think they give you 35+ on more efficient shooting.

I doubt it. No player in NBA history has ever done that...not MJ, Kobe, or even Wilt. It took MJ 28 FGA/G to average his 37 PPG, and I remember LeBron taking 23-24 FGA/G one season, and he has never averaged over 31 PPG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users