Photo

Pau for Rondo, yes or no?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: Pau for Rondo, yes or no? (85 member(s) have cast votes)

Pau for Rondo, yes or no?

1. yes (67 votes [78.82%])

Percentage of vote: 78.82%

2. no (18 votes [21.18%])

Percentage of vote: 21.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 01, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Factor the difficulty Doc has had with Rondo, he has been a hand ful so any team will consider this strongly. If he were a find celts would keep him as hey are re-building again.

#82 The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don

Rookie

• 83 posts
  • Name:Bean
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 02, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yes, only if we also get O'Neal's expiring contract with Rondo.

#83 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,740 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 02, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Would be funny if lakers and Boston met in the finals if the trade happen. Lol the irony

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#84 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,764 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 02, 2012 - 02:26 PM

No, Cause I prefer other guards who can hit 3's not someone who can't hit 3's, specially in crucial games cause most of the laker games are tight games.

Edited by Drazard, March 02, 2012 - 03:05 PM.

33bkfif.jpg

#85 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,592 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 02, 2012 - 02:35 PM

color="#0000FF"]

No, Cause I prefer other guards who can hit 3's not someone who can't hit 3's, specially in crucial games cause most of the laker games are tight games.

[/color]

.....he can create for others and get everyone else wide up 3s and by your logic you would rather have blake than rondo...Cmon now :laughing:

Edited by LakeShow805, March 02, 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#86 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 02, 2012 - 03:00 PM

So Woj came out and said LA and Boston never discussed a deal.

#87 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 02, 2012 - 03:05 PM

So Woj came out and said LA and Boston never discussed a deal.

Eric Pincus said the same thing though when his report came out. Just that both sides have shown interest.

Posted Image

#88 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 02, 2012 - 03:11 PM

Eric Pincus said the same thing though when his report came out. Just that both sides have shown interest.

Oh I see. I was under some false impression a deal had been discussed lol.

#89 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 02, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Boston Herald says...

Rajon Rondo’s trade status and thorny nature are again the stuff of national speculation, and Danny Ainge isn’t surprised.

“It’s never stopped,” the Celtics [team stats] president said yesterday after the latest wave hit with an ESPN.com report Wednesday. “It’s like if the Patriots [team stats] lose three straight games, and people start talking about trading Tom Brady [stats].”

Ainge was quick to insist Rondo’s most likely team following the March 15 trade deadline is the one that pays him now. He added that he is not currently trying to trade the point guard.

“I anticipate him being here for a long time,” said Ainge, who also derided reports that Rondo, who has butted heads with virtually every coach he’s ever had, now has a worsened relationship with Doc Rivers.

“Rondo and Doc get along fine. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t bumps in the road. But I would go so far as to say they get along now better than they ever have. This is nothing new. There are other issues that concern us so much more.”

That brings him back to Rondo, and the fact that Ainge, perhaps more than most general managers, is willing to trade anyone.

Though he said yesterday that the last time he called a team to gauge interest in Rondo was to the New Orleans Hornets when it had Chris Paul this offseason, it wasn’t the first time he attempted to engineer a point guard swap.

Two league sources told the Herald yesterday that Ainge pitched a Rondo-for-Russell Westbrook trade to Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti last winter, and was quickly turned down.

The talks continued and eventually resulted in the much-dissected deal that sent Kendrick Perkins [stats] to the Thunder for Jeff Green.

Though some of the recent rumors are groundless — Rondo for Lakers big man Pau Gasol and for Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry never were discussed, according to one of the sources — the Celtics indeed are open to trading Rondo if it means getting another point guard in return.

“Are there five guys in the NBA they might trade him for?” the source said. “If you’re talking Westbrook, Chris Paul or Deron Williams, then you have something to think about.”

The problem for the Celtics is they’re unlikely to secure a commitment in the form of a contract extension from Williams, the New Jersey Nets playmaker and impending free agent.

Indeed, Rondo’s trade value has taken a hit. The Celtics can’t hope to get back equal value for him, according to the other source.

“There are irreconcilable differences between him and the team, and it’s been that way for a couple of years,” the source said, citing Rondo’s well-documented stubborn streak. “His value around the league has taken a hit. He’s not exactly the Chamber of Commerce’s man of the year. They’ve been kidding themselves for years. Doc can put an arm around him and give him a kiss and try to make it all better, but that just ain’t happening.

“He was cut from the national team (prior to the 2010 FIBA World Championship),” the source said. “I know the reason they gave was that he had to leave for personal reasons, but that’s baloney. He was cut. He’s a moody guy who has trouble fitting in.”

According to the source, there is a dearth of interest in Rondo around the league

“They’re desperate to (trade Rondo),” the source said of the Celtics [team stats]. “He’s the only real asset they have. The other guys, the Big Three, aren’t assets at this point. The problem they now face is that he’s an undesirable. This league is full of undesirables, and some are more talented. You can probably get (Minnesota Timberwolves forward) Michael Beasley for less than Rondo, but he’s another guy people don’t want.

“All I know right now is that if Ainge is calling me right now, I have him over a barrel.”

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#90 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 02, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Boston Herald says...

Well our chances of regaining championship form while building for the future will be destroyed if this is true.

#91 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,080 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 02, 2012 - 04:33 PM

After the reading the article, I'm certain the Celtics will trade Rondo either this deadline or before the start of 2012-2013 NBA season. There is too much buzz around that organization not to trade Rondo. At some point, Rondo will demand a trade just because of these speculations. But, we will see...

#92 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 02, 2012 - 07:17 PM

could bass be added to the deal?
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#93 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 03, 2012 - 12:09 AM

Would like it to happen but I'm not trading everything to get him.

If we landed Rondo, getting Howard to sign off on a trade is that much easier.

As for desperation, Pau is all I'm willingly giving up for him...and I'm quite sure that's more than they'll get from any other team...

If they really want to rebuild quick, sell the Big Three for pennies on the dollar taking back as many expiring contracts and draft picks as possible. Go all in for this draft and offseason and land some young talent to add to a marquee Free Agent...or disgruntled player (traded to them using the cap space).

#94 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 03, 2012 - 03:15 AM

More into improving our bench and leaving our starting lineup alone for now. Unless its something like moving Fisher to the 3rd string and having Sessions(if we get him) start, and even then it's gonna take a few games for him to win that starting position anyway. Get us one more scorer on the bench that can do it consistently as well as a backup center and we're set.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#95 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 03, 2012 - 04:54 AM

More into improving our bench and leaving our starting lineup alone for now. Unless its something like moving Fisher to the 3rd string and having Sessions(if we get him) start, and even then it's gonna take a few games for him to win that starting position anyway. Get us one more scorer on the bench that can do it consistently as well as a backup center and we're set.

Ummmmm no. If fisher is our starting PG going into the Playoffs we lose. Plain and simple. If we have to trade Pau for a PG to take us into the future with Bynum so be it. I want us to solve the problem not be cheap and put a band aid over it. Get Rondo or Lowry. If all else fails then get sessions but not before going for Lowry or Rondo or even Calderon.

#96 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,283 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:24 AM

Sadly the lakers will make no moves. Just be prepare

#97 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"