Photo

Wade's hard foul on Kobe and broken nose (pg 4) / mild concussion (pg 5)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#81 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 26, 2012 - 11:47 PM

u guys are too much sometimes, it was an accident, stupid foul but that was when they were making a bit of a push and actually trying to play some D so he tried to wrap him up and not give him the layup

kobe laughed it off, wade laughed it off..you can try to make them enemies but its not really worth the energy..i don't recall ANYONE (including teammates) checking up on him other than maybe dwight who kinda walked over but kobe didn't even notice him.

and i had to check up on that quote because i know wade and kobe have been cool since olympics 08, and wade is sarcastic as hell much like kobe when he talks..so that KD statement i assumed he was saying it like "this young scorer is gonna be a problem"

anyways...here is the ENTIRE quote which makes him look less salty and more of how he always respects kobe's game (earlier this week said if he couldn't take the last shot he would choose kobe)

He’s an unbelievable scorer. That record he got, with KD in the league, I don’t know how that’s gonna last. It’s always great playing against him. He’s one of the best of all time. One day I can say, I got the honor of playing against one of the greatest in basketball.”
— Dwyane Wade, on Kobe Bryant

Both teams played hard, God bless and goodnight. Lets move on from this weak drama and myth of bitterness, wade knows damn well he aint no kobe or jordan and aside from maybe 06-07 i highly doubt he disliked him. As for being "jealous" of kobe...if anyone he would be jealous of lebron and melo because they came into the league together and thats who he measures himself up against all the time - but turns out they are all buddies..and kobe is the veteran they all respect equally.

hahah Rasheed :laughing:
Posted Image

#82 KobeDynasty

KobeDynasty

-

• 3,880 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2012 - 11:50 PM

I hope wade suffers more than a broken nose.

333.jpg

#83 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,708 posts

Posted February 26, 2012 - 11:52 PM

:cool2:

The North Remembers

#84 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Stu Jackson just issued a statement that the NBA has suspended Kobe for 1 game and has fined him $25,000 for the flagrant and unsportsmanlike blow that Kobe's nose inflicted on Wade's fist.

Said Jackson, "In all my years as a player, coach and executive in the NBA, I've never see anything so diabolical, especially the way Kobe willed himself to bleed from his nostril in order to elicit sympathy and make himself look like the victim." When told that Kobe had to be examined by doctors before being allowed to fly home to Los Angeles, Jackson said: "Typical. A guy as wealthy as Kobe can afford to have so-called 'doctors' on retainer to enable him to put on a big public relations charade. But we in the commissioner's office are wise to Kobe's socio-pathic machinations."

Jackson also stated that NBA doctors have examined Wade's fist. He is under sedation and round-the-clock observation. For the time being, the Miami Heat star is "resting comfortably."

Jackson also noted that the league may not be done dealing with Kobe. Jackson said that Kobe's five L.A. Laker championship teams may be stripped of their titles, and that Kobe himself may be banned for life under the new "basketball reasons" clause of the amended NBA "super-secret" internal guidelines. Jackson and David Stern are expected to rule on the matter when the full "basketball reasons" committee convenes on March 1. The other members of that committee are Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, and Ray Allen, as the player representative.

Excellent post by a member at LG.

#85 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,410 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:34 AM

I say mike brown tells mcroberts to break wades nose on sunday

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#86 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:42 AM

I really hope Wade gets floored on Sunday ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#87 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted February 27, 2012 - 12:56 AM

perfect time for McRoberts to make himself useful...........give wade an elbow.

I also noticed since teaming u with lebron wade has been doin some dirty plays

rondo elbow last season now kobe's nose
Free The Wave

#88 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 27, 2012 - 04:09 AM

It's been tht way since Shaq went to Miami. Believe me. The same reason why Bynum almost got the hell beat out of him the first time the Lakers played Miami with Drew. Players put on a nice show for the cameras and say all the right things but most NBA players arent fond of Kobe including teammates.

#89 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 04:22 AM

@WojYahooNBA: Besides a broken nose, Kobe Bryant sustained a mild concussion Sunday night in the All-Star game, league source tells Y! Sports.

Wow... Hopefully this doesn't keep him out considering how leagues are cracking down on concussions.

#90 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 27, 2012 - 04:26 AM

Wow it keeps getting worse and worse, that has to be the hardest foul in All Star game history :hmm:
Posted Image

#91 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 04:38 AM

The only issue I have with Wade's foul is that it happens early in the third quarter after a half where no defense is played.

Play defense, try to lock up your guy, whatever. But don't commit a foul the way Wade did. Coming both arms over the top of the shoulders as a player is going hard to the rim, that's a recipe for disaster.

Do I think Wade had malicious intent behind the foul? No but it was a really stupid foul that usually ends up with injury. If this was during a game and Barnes, Artest or Bynum committed the foul on Wade or some other player in the league, they'd be considered dirty for doing this.

While Wade didn't mean to break Kobe's nose or give him a concussion, do you think Wade feels bad? I don't. But it is what it is.

#92 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 746 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted February 27, 2012 - 06:40 AM

The only issue I have with Wade's foul is that it happens early in the third quarter after a half where no defense is played.

Play defense, try to lock up your guy, whatever. But don't commit a foul the way Wade did. Coming both arms over the top of the shoulders as a player is going hard to the rim, that's a recipe for disaster.

Do I think Wade had malicious intent behind the foul? No but it was a really stupid foul that usually ends up with injury. If this was during a game and Barnes, Artest or Bynum committed the foul on Wade or some other player in the league, they'd be considered dirty for doing this.

While Wade didn't mean to break Kobe's nose or give him a concussion, do you think Wade feels bad? I don't. But it is what it is.

Ever since LeBron and Wade got together they've showed their true colors. A bunch of punks.

By the way no one on the lakers will do a thing about it. Kobe might put up 40 shots but other than that no. Only two guys on our roster that would dare do a thing. Artest and Bynum, and I am not sure Andrew has Kobe's back like that.

#93 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 27, 2012 - 06:57 AM

Sucks for KB but the flip side to this is: Wade sent a message to everyone. Get in our way of winning the chip and we will break your nose up.

#94 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted February 27, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Concussion? Damnit
Posted Image

#95 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,599 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted February 27, 2012 - 07:41 AM

I hope it's not a Sidney Crosby type of thing
Posted Image

#96 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,569 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Damn I didn't know it was this serious. I know Kobe's alright, but damn, Wade's got serious jealousy issues on Kobe for delivering a foul like that. Intentional or not, that was a foul that shouldn't have been done in the All-Star Game.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#97 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:25 AM

The league is in trouble now, anytime some1 scars kobe face he goes ham on the court! Wade was mad Kobe spun on him and was about to get the dunk. Jealousy & Envy = SMFH! I dont support hurting guys going for hard fouls especially in an AllStar game! That was some bioootch move by Wade and uncalled for. It was no accident he went fro the hard foul on purpose no matter how you chop it up.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#98 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:40 AM

u guys are too much sometimes, it was an accident, stupid foul but that was when they were making a bit of a push and actually trying to play some D so he tried to wrap him up and not give him the layup

kobe laughed it off, wade laughed it off..you can try to make them enemies but its not really worth the energy..i don't recall ANYONE (including teammates) checking up on him other than maybe dwight who kinda walked over but kobe didn't even notice him.

and i had to check up on that quote because i know wade and kobe have been cool since olympics 08, and wade is sarcastic as hell much like kobe when he talks..so that KD statement i assumed he was saying it like "this young scorer is gonna be a problem"

anyways...here is the ENTIRE quote which makes him look less salty and more of how he always respects kobe's game (earlier this week said if he couldn't take the last shot he would choose kobe)

He’s an unbelievable scorer. That record he got, with KD in the league, I don’t know how that’s gonna last. It’s always great playing against him. He’s one of the best of all time. One day I can say, I got the honor of playing against one of the greatest in basketball.”
— Dwyane Wade, on Kobe Bryant

Both teams played hard, God bless and goodnight. Lets move on from this weak drama and myth of bitterness, wade knows damn well he aint no kobe or jordan and aside from maybe 06-07 i highly doubt he disliked him. As for being "jealous" of kobe...if anyone he would be jealous of lebron and melo because they came into the league together and thats who he measures himself up against all the time - but turns out they are all buddies..and kobe is the veteran they all respect equally.

Nice in front of the camera accolades

What he really said on the ride home was..................

You actually believe he meant that [expletive] he said in front of the camera???

Lets not be naive now
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#99 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:44 AM

The league is in trouble now, anytime some1 scars kobe face he goes ham on the court! Wade was mad Kobe spun on him and was about to get the dunk. Jealousy & Envy = SMFH! I dont support hurting guys going for hard fouls especially in an AllStar game! That was some bioootch move by Wade and uncalled for. It was no accident he went fro the hard foul on purpose no matter how you chop it up.

Especially after not playing defense the whole game......letting guys lob and clown.....Kobe gets the ball and now its the NBA Finals???
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#100 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Sucks for KB but the flip side to this is: Wade sent a message to everyone. Get in our way of winning the chip and we will break your nose up.

No the message was...."I'm mad cause you D'd me up......then did a spin move on me and got pass me"

LAKERS NO FAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users