• Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 24, 2012 - 10:49 PM

http://www.elnuevodi...ea-1198812.html
From RealGM forums, supposedly the same site that leaked barea to the wolves

Lakers Get: Howard, Barea, Beasley
Magic Get: Andrew Bynum, Derrick Williams
Wolves Get: Gasol

there would probably be some picks involved and maybe other players like richardson or reddick

Edited by lodom7, February 24, 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:05 PM

i don't see us doing that we would be left with nothing of trade value to get a PG as much as barea contributed to the title he still is a back up guard
Posted Image

#3 The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don

Rookie

• 83 posts
  • Name:Bean
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Sucks when people can't keep their mouths shut.

This deal makes sense for everyone involved.

Orlando trades Howard and get the 2nd best center in the league and a good young talented player in return.

The T-Wolves trade away a player who has become a distraction and get a proven PF to help out Love and Rubio. This move keeps Rubio happy in Minnesota.

The Lakers get the best center in the league, a starting SF, and a backup PG.

They can use the trade X on a PF or another PG. They can trade for Session or Millsap. Now you guys know why the Sheed rumor makes sense now.

PG. Blake or Sessions
SG. Kobe
SF. Beasley
PF Sheed or Millsap
C. Howard

Edited by The Teflon Don, February 24, 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#4 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 780 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:23 PM

Sucks when people can't keep their mouths shut.

This deal makes sense for everyone involved.

Orlando trades Howard and get the 2nd best center in the league and a good young talented player in return.

The T-Wolves trade away a player who has become a distraction and get a proven PF to help out Love and Rubio. This move keeps Rubio happy in Minnesota.

The Lakers get the best center in the league, a starting SF, and a backup PG.

They can use the trade X on a PF or another PG. They can trade for Session or Millsap. Now you guys know why the Sheed rumor makes sense now.

PG. Blake or Sessions
SG. Kobe
SF. Beasley
PF Sheed or Millsap
C. Howard

Wow. That'd be a major roster change, if this happens. We get younger, but our main strengths will be gone. I hope the front office makes the best move for the team.

#5 The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don

Rookie

• 83 posts
  • Name:Bean
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:30 PM

Wow. That'd be a major roster change, if this happens. We get younger, but our main strengths will be gone. I hope the front office makes the best move for the team.

If the Lakers make these two deals they have in the works, they become a championship contender again.

Minnesota is the best 3rd team available to make a trade with for someone like Williams and Howard. They really want Gasol and they have the pieces to help the Lakers bring back an franchise player in a trade.

#6 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sounds good until Stern comes in the picture.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#7 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted February 25, 2012 - 12:22 AM

Would we have enough money to sign Deron in Free Agency? Because I don't see Dwight Howard staying with such a weak team that'll only have an old Kobe Bryant and him basically.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,744 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 25, 2012 - 09:03 AM

Nah not worth giving up gasol too

#9 Leo

Leo

Rookie

• 119 posts
  • Fan Since:A while
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 25, 2012 - 11:16 AM

I like it.

I don't really think that: Howard + Beasley > Bynum + Gasol, but with a decent back up point guard (or maybe starting compared to what we currently have) it might be worth it. Plus, Kobe and Howard seem likely to attract other good players to LA as well.

Seems like a pretty good trade for all involved.

#10 Leo

Leo

Rookie

• 119 posts
  • Fan Since:A while

Posted February 25, 2012 - 12:03 PM

From what I've been reading though, Minnesota fans aren't too fond of the idea. They have a good power forward, so Pau would probably be playing center, which he's not as good at. What they're actually looking for is a good guard it seems. The Lakers might need to throw in something extra like a draft pick or something.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,819 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 26, 2012 - 12:28 AM

I like it.

I don't really think that: Howard + Beasley > Bynum + Gasol, but with a decent back up point guard (or maybe starting compared to what we currently have) it might be worth it. Plus, Kobe and Howard seem likely to attract other good players to LA as well.

Seems like a pretty good trade for all involved.

Im not sure why Minny would do this trade. They have the best PF in the game and it seems that they hit the Jackpot with Peckovic as well, who is playing out of his mind (PER=22,38 - top 20 in the league).
Also, Barea is not exactly what we need at the Guard position and he is actually a good fit in Minny, as he can play alongside Rubio who is big enough to guard 2s. .
If we get Luke Ridnour instead of Barea, and perhaps throw in another big or a SG (Reddick/Richardson or BigBaby/Tolliver/Randolph), then we're getting somewhere.
Then Minny perhaps could turn Peckovic into a high-scoring wing player and all teams would be ready to go.

Actually, if we did this trade: http://games.espn.go...tradeId=7ocjxme
and Minny then did this trade: http://games.espn.go...tradeId=7a6m9pj
all teams would really benefit.
Orlando would get the best possible deal giving up Howard.
Denver would get a SOLID big man to pair with Nene, while giving up roleplayers in a crowded back-court.

Minny could make a solid spanish connection with
Pau-Love-Brewer-Fernandez-Rubio and with Darko-Tolliver-Barea-Randolph coming off the bench, Minny could make some noise in the West.

LA also get a good deal, especially if we somehow can turn the TPE and picks into a starting caliber big.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, February 26, 2012 - 01:16 AM.

#12 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2012 - 01:28 AM

http://www.elnuevodia.com/serumoraqueloslakersestandetrasdebarea-1198812.html
From RealGM forums, supposedly the same site that leaked barea to the wolves

Lakers Get: Howard, Barea, Beasley
Magic Get: Andrew Bynum, Derrick Williams
Wolves Get: Gasol

there would probably be some picks involved and maybe other players like richardson or reddick

Actually this rumors is false

-Steve Kyler
-Some of ESPN guy.

33bkfif.jpg

#13 wablty

wablty

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 10:33 AM

From what I've been reading though, Minnesota fans aren't too fond of the idea. They have a good power forward, so Pau would probably be playing center, which he's not as good at. What they're actually looking for is a good guard it seems. The Lakers might need to throw in something extra like a draft pick or something.

That's what's weird. Gasol is a nice player and a 3 man big rotation of Love, Gasol and Pekovic is great and all, but it's trading away MN's most valuable asset they may actually move (Derrick Williams) for a luxury player. MN's frontline is already pretty good. What they desperately need is a perimeter defender who will consistently knock down his open shots. They don't have their own 1st this year and it looks unlikely that they will get Utah's this year. They'll have some cap space, but not a crazy amount, and their aren't very many FA shooting guards available.

I think the Gasol-coveted-by-MN is a smoke screen. They may have been interested before they knew what they had in Pekovic and may still be involved, but probably not as a Gasol destination. If Howard goes to LA, MN is involved and it's all part of one massive deal, I'd expect there is a 4th team in there with a shooter for Minnesota. A team like Houston or Philly would make a lot of sense.

Edited by wablty, February 28, 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#14 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 27, 2012 - 01:49 PM

Would we have enough money to sign Deron in Free Agency? Because I don't see Dwight Howard staying with such a weak team that'll only have an old Kobe Bryant and him basically.

Nope no funds left for any free agents of quality, need sign and trade, basically. I would have amnestyed Luke long ago.

#15 24everLakers

24everLakers

Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Name:Josh
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted March 02, 2012 - 05:33 PM

dwight makes no sense for the lakers anymore. if the lakers get dwight, he wont sign an extension with the lakers. which makes trading for him irrelevant. plus. trading 2 all-star caliber big men for 1 aint gonna work out for the lakers. i say get marc gasol for bynum.

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 03, 2012 - 06:31 AM

And our backup center would be who?? I really don't know if D12 is going to be better than Bynum a year or two from now. 2 years going forward there is no question Bynum will be better. Free Throws and all. I say we find a way to get Sessions and Beasley while keeping the team in tact. Send Pau to a Lottery team during the off season :laughing:

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,744 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:40 PM

And our backup center would be who?? I really don't know if D12 is going to be better than Bynum a year or two from now. 2 years going forward there is no question Bynum will be better. Free Throws and all. I say we find a way to get Sessions and Beasley while keeping the team in tact. Send Pau to a Lottery team during the off season :laughing:

Unless Dwight gets injured and drew stays healthy...Howard will still be better

#18 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:42 PM

Its a toss up really who knows who will be better but i think dwight will be dominant since he has no injury history
Posted Image

#19 24everLakers

24everLakers

Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Name:Josh
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted March 04, 2012 - 04:01 AM

adding sheed would be enough for me if we would end up missing on dwight. for me it would fill up the void that lamar odom left. though not that much. but still. lakers cant be picky now. they have to go with whats available. but it doesnt look like it that way. the off season looked well for the lakers. but when that cp3 trade went down. lakers went down with it. well. march 15 is the date. so we'll see.

#20 Raignonem

Raignonem

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Name:Raul
  • Fav. Laker:kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2012 - 05:28 AM

i like this trade we upgrade 3 positions and we will instantly become that much better. Beasley is a baller and although barea is small he can definitely hit open shots and run a pick and roll with the best of them. Dwight Howard is a beast and easily makes up for not having pau and bynum. if he can make the orlando magic look like contenders what do you think he can do with a roster like the one we would get? i mean i love those guys but adding more scoring power and youth appeals to me a little more then how the team is looking now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users