Trade idea: Tony Douglass from NY

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,927 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:02 PM

new idea.
Tony Douglas from NY.
With all the Jeremy Lin hype Tony is a lost cause.
Matt Barnes for Tony Douglas and a filler, say Landry Fields.
Posted Image

Tony Douglas would do wonders for us.
Wed still have fish and blake but oh well.
Can Amnesty 1 next year.

But Knicks lose nothing but a back up 1 that didnt fit well in their system and gain depth off the bench and a good defender.

Lakers give up a good player but get the pg we need so Jeremy Lin doesn't go for 38 on us again and all other points cant penetrate off the dribble 100% of the time.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 16, 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#2 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:35 PM

interesting but im sure there are much better trades available at this point
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#3 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Toney Douglas has been horrible this year but he's a decent player he needs to get out of NY maybe he'll get his confidence else where

No way is NY parting with Fields though for Barnes

Edited by NYCLakerfan, February 16, 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#4 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,636 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Toney Douglas has been horrible this year but he's a decent player he needs to get out of NY maybe he'll get his confidence else where

No way is NY parting with Fields though for Barnes

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#5 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,531 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:53 PM

How bout my trade

http://lakernation.c...-toney-douglas/

#6 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 16, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Douglas suck though we'd hate him after like two weeks

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Just read on ESPN that KY probably is going to cut Toney Douglas - which means we can get him for free.

He is basically a 2 in a 1s body - but he excells at two things we need: One-on-one defense at the point and 3pt shooting.

Pull the trigger Mitch - send Fish to the D-league.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:31 PM

New York keeps Fields if we're offering Barnes...I'm 100% sure of that.

Douglas is a "hell no" in my book. Horrible defender, doesn't run an offense, combo guard stuck in between two positions, basically a guy that thinks basketball is all about scoring and doing nothing else.

#9 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:32 PM

^^^^ fish to d league? mitch would not dare haha
Posted Image

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 09:33 PM

He is basically a 2 in a 1s body - but he excells at two things we need: One-on-one defense at the point and 3pt shooting.

Douglas is shooting about as bad as everyone else on this team from three (he's at 24%), and he's ranked one of the worst defensive players on the Knicks, which says a LOT.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,616 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 10:50 PM

New York keeps Fields if we're offering Barnes...I'm 100% sure of that.

Douglas is a "hell no" in my book. Horrible defender, doesn't run an offense, combo guard stuck in between two positions, basically a guy that thinks basketball is all about scoring and doing nothing else.

Fist of all, Horrible defender, doesn't run an offense, combo guard stuck in between two positions - who does that remind you of ???? FIIIIIIISH!!!
At least Douglas can defend a quick guard and hit a three once in a while and at 25 he is still 12 years younger.

Second, regarding fields. That scenario is only possible if NY signs JR Smith, which is looks like they might. In that case, Fields would be stuck as a third SG (behind Shumpert and JR) or behind Melo at the 3. Thus, there is a good chance, that NY would let him go this summer in order to adress a few more pressing needs (backup 4 and 5). Barnes would be a really nice fit in NY behind Melo as a tough energy guy behind Melo. Also he can play the 4 at times if needed.

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 11:08 PM

Fist of all, Horrible defender, doesn't run an offense, combo guard stuck in between two positions - who does that remind you of ???? FIIIIIIISH!!!

That's why I don't want him.

Second, regarding fields. That scenario is only possible if NY signs JR Smith, which is looks like they might. In that case, Fields would be stuck as a third SG (behind Shumpert and JR) or behind Melo at the 3. Thus, there is a good chance, that NY would let him go this summer in order to adress a few more pressing needs (backup 4 and 5). Barnes would be a really nice fit in NY behind Melo as a tough energy guy behind Melo. Also he can play the 4 at times if needed.

Second two-guard. Shumpert will be the backup PG. Shump has been playing more PG than SG this season (according to minutes), and while Jeremy Lin is a nice offensive player, the Knicks will need a defensive-minded PG, and that's where Shumpert will stand out the most in the playoffs (especially against Rondo, Rose and Cole).

Baron Davis is close to retirement. I wouldn't put any money on him returning to last year's form (which was still bad).

Fields will back up JR Smith at the two, and get minutes at the three as well. Douglas or Balkman are out of the picture, which helps significantly.

#13 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Fields is staying. Him and Jeremy Lin are very tight. New York has to sign Lin over the summer so I wouldn't mess with that plus can anyone trust JR Smith.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,616 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 11:15 PM

That's why I don't want him.

Second two-guard. Shumpert will be the backup PG. Shump has been playing more PG than SG this season (according to minutes), and while Jeremy Lin is a nice offensive player, the Knicks will need a defensive-minded PG, and that's where Shumpert will stand out the most in the playoffs (especially against Rondo, Rose and Cole).

Baron Davis is close to retirement. I wouldn't put any money on him returning to last year's form (which was still bad).

Fields will back up JR Smith at the two, and get minutes at the three as well. Douglas or Balkman are out of the picture, which helps significantly.

Perhaps your're right.
Wouldn't really want to see Barnes go anyways...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users