3 replies to this topic

#1 GhostRaven~_-

GhostRaven~_-

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:25 AM

It is no mystery that we need to make a move. I like the possibility of making a deal with the bobcats without disrupting our core group.
Lakers will trade:
Luke Walton
Darius Morris
Matt Barnes
2012 First round pick
Bobcats trade:
DJ Augustin
Tyrus Thomas

-This deal is excellent for Lakers because we still have the trade exemption, amnesty cut, and the possibility of getting Dwight Still. I would make this no brainer deal, then amnesty cut World Peace to save 7 million dollars and make a deal for Dwight Howard. I would trade Bynum, steve blake and use the trade exemption to get him. That leaves Gasol now. We can go down many different avenues here. We can trade him for a a strong wing player , draft picks, bench utilities or keep him. I'd trade him for better scoring to relieve Kobe from taking so many shots. Possibilities are Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger etc. Also Lakers sign Gilbert Arenas and JR Smith, both can help.

Lakers predicted Lineup
DJ Augustin
Kobe Bryant
Ebanks
Paul Gasol
Dwight Howard
Key Reserves
Gilbert Arenas
JR Smith
Derrick Fisher
Tyrus Thomas

These are just possibilities. I want the Lakers to get back to form and sometimes that means drastic change.

#2 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 14, 2012 - 09:45 AM

The question is how do you divide minutes between Kobe, DJ, JR, Arenas and Fisher? DJ, Arenas and JR will not go for that 19 minutes per game stuff. With the exception of Fish, I can't see them all not wanting 25+ minutes per game and pencil Kobe in for 38 minutes per game whether Brown wants him to play that much or not. But I agree. Something needs to happen. Defense may win championships but not if you can't put the ball in the hoop on a regular basis, defense won't mean JACK

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,012 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2012 - 03:53 AM

You certainly want to do a lot of things...

I dont know why the Bobcats would want to give up Thomas and Augustin for the expiring contract of Luke Walton and Darius Morris. Also, we cant sign JR Smith, as he is most likely to sign with the Clippers unfortunately.

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 16, 2012 - 01:02 PM

...yea the bobcats wouldn't do this

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users