#1 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 13, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yes, its back to Houston and NO. Hopefully Stern could pay us back for what he took away.
Honestly, I know most people want to get rid of Gasol and label him as soft. I think he is easily a top 5 PF in the league and if we HAD to trade him away, this is what I would do.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=6vyxnp6

All teams imo benefit greatly from this trade. Houston has always wanted Gasol and these where the pieces they where willing to give up for him.
If the Lakers where to get Sessions, they would be a Championship contender once again.

Lakers: Starting 5 - Sessions, Kobe, Ariza, Scola, Bynum . Bench - Arenas, Gordon, Barnes, McRoberts, Murphy
(Yes New Orleans would be crazy to let go of Gordon, but he has already shown no interest in resigning with them anyway)

Houston clearly gets better with the addition of Gasol and Artest.

Hornets get a big boost with Martin a solid scorer, Courtney Lee a promising player, and Ebanks a player with lots of potential.

It may seem crazy, but I think the trade makes alot of sense for all teams.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Obviously the Lakers are the biggest winners in this deal and they also shed off 5 Million dollars of Cap Space(:
This trade would be a dream come true.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:15 PM

:nah: not gonna happen....and how do we get sessions :facepalm:

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:25 PM

On March 1st, you trade away a draft pick + Kapono or McRoberts to Cleveland..

Yea it just seems like it wouldn't happen, but every team wins...

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:31 PM

On March 1st, you trade away a draft pick + Kapono or McRoberts to Cleveland..

Yea it just seems like it wouldn't happen, but every team wins...

We get a nice bench scorer....but doesn't solve our biggest hole Pg. So idk about this trade

#6 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:34 PM

We get a nice bench scorer....but doesn't solve our biggest hole Pg. So idk about this trade

Eric Gordon can easily play pointguard if anything. Even with this trade I think we can real in sessions. It also clears up space for Free Agency next year.
Right now out Point Guard options are very slim, I doubt we can trade for any great point guard so I think picking up Sessions SOMEHOW is the best option.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Eric Gordon can easily play pointguard if anything. Even with this trade I think we can real in sessions. It also clears up space for Free Agency next year.
Right now out Point Guard options are very slim, I doubt we can trade for any great point guard so I think picking up Sessions SOMEHOW is the best option.

You can't just have a sg play pg......doesn't work well

#8 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:45 PM

You can't just have a sg play pg......doesn't work well

Guess you've never watched Eric Gordon play before then, nor do you know his height? He is listed as a SG but he is only 6'3 and played his best basketball when he was the Point Guard for the Clippers...............................................................

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Guess you've never watched Eric Gordon play before then, nor do you know his height? He is listed as a SG but he is only 6'3 and played his best basketball when he was the Point Guard for the Clippers...............................................................

he is not a great playmaker....... and just cuz he is 6'3 doesn't mean he will be good as a pg :laughing:

#10 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:53 PM

he is not a great playmaker....... and just cuz he is 6'3 doesn't mean he will be good as a pg :laughing:

haha, never did I say he was a great playmaker. He is a shooter and someone who will spread the floor for us as well as someone who can find his own shot besides kobe. He has played great before as a point guard for the Clippers... Idk why he wouldn't be good if not better with the Lakers.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:55 PM

haha, never did I say he was a great playmaker. He is a shooter and someone who will spread the floor for us as well as someone who can find his own shot besides kobe. He has played great before as a point guard for the Clippers... Idk why he wouldn't be good if not better with the Lakers.

IMO, id rather save gasol for a real pg....like rondo or something

#12 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:58 PM

IMO, id rather save gasol for a real pg....like rondo or something

Haha Rondo? You never straight up trade a 7'0 player for a Point Guard. We are already as bad as it is from the 3 point line, we don't want our point guard to be the worst 3 point shooter on the team, nor do we want a point guard who is shooting 62% at the line... almost as bad as Andrew Bynum who shoots 58%

So even if it was worst come to worst and we where to trade Gasol for just a PG, I would look for someone who can atleast make a 3 a game.

Edited by lakers1o1, February 13, 2012 - 04:59 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#13 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Haha Rondo? You never straight up trade a 7'0 player for a Point Guard. We are already as bad as it is from the 3 point line, we don't want our point guard to be the worst 3 point shooter on the team, nor do we want a point guard who is shooting 62% at the line... almost as bad as Andrew Bynum who shoots 58%

So even if it was worst come to worst and we where to trade Gasol for just a PG, I would look for someone who can atleast make a 3 a game.

yeap you don't want one of the best playmakers in the game right now, that will make bynum much better and also create open shots for everyone and controls the tempo very well. Oh and did you not watch the bulls/celtics game...Rondo= 32 pts 10 reb 15 assits

#14 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 05:55 PM

yeap you don't want one of the best playmakers in the game right now, that will make bynum much better and also create open shots for everyone and controls the tempo very well. Oh and did you not watch the bulls/celtics game...Rondo= 32 pts 10 reb 15 assits

Thats 1 game... Are you really going to judge what a player can do in 1 game?...
He is a great playmaker, but we have Kobe who is the best scorer and the best Isolation player in the NBA, Kobe doesn't need a "playmaker" around him because he is the Lakers playmaker. He just needs someone else to help him spread the floor and maybe hit a shot when he is getting double teamed or triple teamed. Why would he want a player who can't even hit a damn freethrow?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#15 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thats 1 game... Are you really going to judge what a player can do in 1 game?...
He is a great playmaker, but we have Kobe who is the best scorer and the best Isolation player in the NBA, Kobe doesn't need a "playmaker" around him because he is the Lakers playmaker. He just needs someone else to help him spread the floor and maybe hit a shot when he is getting double teamed or triple teamed. Why would he want a player who can't even hit a damn freethrow?

False.....Kobe is a scorer first. Why would he not want wide open shots.. instead of having to create shots for him and others the whole game and be burned out in the 4th. Rondo would benefit this team more than this trade would.

#16 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:11 PM

False.....Kobe is a scorer first. Why would he not want wide open shots.. instead of having to create shots for him and others the whole game and be burned out in the 4th. Rondo would benefit this team more than this trade would.

I know Kobe is a scorer first, but he is also a playmaker. Your telling me losing Gasol and World Peace for Ariza, Gordon, and Scola, is worst then losing Gasol for Rondo? Your out of your mind my friend.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:28 PM

I know Kobe is a scorer first, but he is also a playmaker. Your telling me losing Gasol and World Peace for Ariza, Gordon, and Scola, is worst then losing Gasol for Rondo? Your out of your mind my friend.

IMO Rondo and O'neal for gasol is a great deal and much better than ariza, gordon, and scola.

Edited by LakeShow805, February 13, 2012 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users