Photo

Carmelo Anthony Out 1-2 Weeks With Strained Right Groin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 07, 2012 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- The New York Knicks say they expect Carmelo Anthony to miss a week or two with a strained right groin.

Video Anthony was hurt Monday, leaving after six minutes of a 99-88 victory over Utah and continuing an injury-plagued season.

Anthony has missed three games with various ankle, wrist and hand injuries and shot poorly in a handful of others while playing through the pain.

The All-Star forward leads the Knicks with 22.3 points per game.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/02/07/melo-injury.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,873 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Watch the Knicks start winning in that time too.

#3 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Called the winning, now watch when Carmelo comes back how the Knicks struggle to get back the luster they had with him injured.

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2012 - 07:18 PM

Called the winning, now watch when Carmelo comes back how the Knicks struggle to get back the luster they had with him injured.

I doubt it he's supposed to come back on Friday I think so we'll see

#5 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 01:03 PM

There's 1 loss, they'll keep coming.

#6 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Like I said, Carmelo comes back and the team falters.

This is no coincidence. The guy is a problematic player that isn't as big of a help to a team as most think.

If I were the Knicks GM, I'd be shopping him as soon as possible. Of course I never would've traded for him to begin with.

#7 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's not just Melo it's the whole system the Knicks have.

Not to mention they really started losing once Linsanity ended, and it ended when they played Miami and teams figured out how to guard Lin. Don't get me wrong both Melo and Amare have played like trash but in that system the play of the PG is by far the most important aspect of the game on the floor.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, March 12, 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#8 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 12, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Like I said, Carmelo comes back and the team falters.

This is no coincidence. The guy is a problematic player that isn't as big of a help to a team as most think.

If I were the Knicks GM, I'd be shopping him as soon as possible. Of course I never would've traded for him to begin with.

Fido, you are harsh on Melo but I think it is warranted. Melo is most definitely a great scorer but that is pretty much all that he brings to the table. He is a ball stopper and he messes up the offensive flow many times. In the 09' playoffs against the Lakers, he showed that he could be a good defensive player, but it's apparent that he isn't interested in playing on that side of the floor. He isn't a team leader also, and it's obvious that Chandler is the clear cut leader of the Knicks.

Don't get me wrong, the Knicks' problems is not just Melo. A lot is on the coach as well and their lack of a defensive system and competent PG that isn't turnover prone.

Amare is another player that I believe is overrated, but that is a topic for another day. Posted Image

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 12, 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 12, 2012 - 02:51 PM

I would take Melo in hearbeat
Posted Image

#10 fido

fido

• 11,873 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 06:31 PM

It's not exclusively Carmelo, but he is a major portion of the problem. They're looking to him to be everything he isn't - a leader by example, or vocally, a defensive player, a player who plays team first and a player who can lift up others around him. All things Carmelo is completely incapable of. He may be a decent second or third option, but as your first option you won't win jack with him. It's been that way since day one. He's a "me first" player" (as a lot of players are), but he hasn't l;earned how to rise above that. At this point I don't think he ever will.

A good portion of the Knicks problem is grabbing every star player they could think of without any regard to the system (which is inherently flawed) that D'Antoni is teaching. You grab Carmelo and Stoudemire, two exclusively offensive players who have verbally come out saying they have no interest in playing defense. So what do you do, you grab Chandler thinking one player is going to suddenly change their hardwired ways and make up for a an entire team which has no clue or will to play the most important end of the floor. Until the Knicks break this mess of a team up and get a coach who can both win in the clutch and teach defense (any defense) they won't go anywhere.

They are one of the worst managed teams in the history of pro sports.

You'd take Carmelo in a heartbeat and you'd lose even quicker.

Watch the Knicks when Carmelo sits now and how they begin to become a cohesive unit again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users