23 replies to this topic

#1 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 06, 2012 - 02:28 AM

Lakers trade Bynum and Morris for Rondo and JO. Lakers can also add one of the 1st rounders(Mavs) if necessary to get this deal done.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=73t2n2a

Rondo
Kobe
Barnes
Gasol
ONeal

Bradley
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Bynum

The Celtics can trade Morris or the 1st rounder to the Cavs or Bobcats and pick up DJ Augustin or Ramon Sessions.

Edited by KingDavid, February 06, 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,304 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 06, 2012 - 02:36 AM

Wow first post I see.

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2012 - 03:26 AM

lol

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#4 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 03:36 AM

You wouldn't trade Bynum for Rondo? What has Bynum ever done? We need to trade Bynum while his stock is high. Rondo is the playmaker and defender that would fit perfectly in the backcourt with Kobe, I wish we could land Wall.

#5 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 03:37 AM

You guys are just getting caught up in the rivalry with the Celtics, but this is a great trade for both teams.

#6 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted February 06, 2012 - 06:37 AM

You wouldn't trade Bynum for Rondo? What has Bynum ever done? We need to trade Bynum while his stock is high. Rondo is the playmaker and defender that would fit perfectly in the backcourt with Kobe, I wish we could land Wall.

You say he hasn't done anything, then you say trade him when his stock is high lol. Sure, let's trade a big man for a PG who can't shoot. Layups only get you so far in playoffs.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:28 AM

:nah:

#8 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Rondo can't shoot though.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#9 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted February 06, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Rondo can't shoot though.

That's the goal. We want to be the first squad to have the starting 5 incapable of hitting any 3 pointers.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#10 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:36 AM

Rondo is not a good enough scorer to replace Bynum and he can't shoot.

Posted Image

#11 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:40 AM

You say he hasn't done anything, then you say trade him when his stock is high lol. Sure, let's trade a big man for a PG who can't shoot. Layups only get you so far in playoffs.

His stock as in "hype". Bynum is not that good. The media has hyped him up a lot this year(especially Shaq). I've seen enough of Bynum to gauge what he can do, and what he can't. His postgame is slightly above average, and his game is still sloppy. Yeah, lets trade an injury prone big, that doesn't win games(Gasol, and Kobe make him look good), for one of the best perimeter defenders and playmakers the league has to offer.

#12 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Rondo is not a good enough scorer to replace Bynum and he can't shoot.

Rondo is one of the smartest players in the game. Rondo knows how to effect the game in so many other ways than just scoring with his hustle, passing ability, and lock down defense. If you pair Rondo in the backcourt with Kobe, his defense would be contagious. Rondo would spark so many fast breaks, and easy opportunites for Kobe and Gasol. Bynum has to be force feed the ball, why do you think he got the nickname "blackhole" last year? Because when Bynum would touch the ball, our offense would stop moving, and he is not good at passing out of double teams. We already got exposed by the Mavericks zone defense with the twin towers, it is time to get a penatrating point guard with elite defense and quickness.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 10:09 AM

Rondo is one of the smartest players in the game. Rondo knows how to effect the game in so many other ways than just scoring with his hustle, passing ability, and lock down defense. If you pair Rondo in the backcourt with Kobe, his defense would be contagious. Rondo would spark so many fast breaks, and easy opportunites for Kobe and Gasol. Bynum has to be force feed the ball, why do you think he got the nickname "blackhole" last year? Because when Bynum would touch the ball, our offense would stop moving, and he is not good at passing out of double teams. We already got exposed by the Mavericks zone defense with the twin towers, it is time to get a penatrating point guard with elite defense and quickness.

While its true that Rondo would create some easy opportunities for Kobe and Pau, you simply don't trade a center for a point guard. Rondo is very good player when it comes to distributing and hustle plays, but the guy isn't something that will take us back to the top.

Bynum is barely starting to command double teams this year and he is learning to handle double teams on the fly. Passing out of double teams is a skill that is learned, its not something you just discover how to do in one game.

This trade simply makes no sense for the Lakers now or for the future. Kobe and Gasol are not getting any younger and if you think Rondo could lead this franchise after they are gone, well thats not realistic. I'm more comfortable building around a center than a PG.

#14 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 10:33 AM

While its true that Rondo would create some easy opportunities for Kobe and Pau, you simply don't trade a center for a point guard. Rondo is very good player when it comes to distributing and hustle plays, but the guy isn't something that will take us back to the top.

Bynum is barely starting to command double teams this year and he is learning to handle double teams on the fly. Passing out of double teams is a skill that is learned, its not something you just discover how to do in one game.

This trade simply makes no sense for the Lakers now or for the future. Kobe and Gasol are not getting any younger and if you think Rondo could lead this franchise after they are gone, well thats not realistic. I'm more comfortable building around a center than a PG.

If you trade Bynum for Rondo, you still have Gasol that you can trade for Howard. It has already been put out there, that the Lakers would prefer to trade Gasol for Dwight, and Orlando has let it be known that they want veterans that would keep them competitive for Dwight, well who better than Gasol?

The Lakers could be looking at a dangerous starting 5
Rondo
Kobe
Barnes
Murphy or McRoberts to spread the floor for Howard
Howard
If the Lakers can get Bass instead of JO, more power to them.

#15 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 06, 2012 - 12:30 PM

If you trade Bynum for Rondo, you still have Gasol that you can trade for Howard. It has already been put out there, that the Lakers would prefer to trade Gasol for Dwight, and Orlando has let it be known that they want veterans that would keep them competitive for Dwight, well who better than Gasol?

The Lakers could be looking at a dangerous starting 5
Rondo
Kobe
Barnes
Murphy or McRoberts to spread the floor for Howard
Howard
If the Lakers can get Bass instead of JO, more power to them.

First you say trade bynum for rondo.....now you are saying orlando would trade howard for gasol :laughing: Can anyone say Kobe>Lebron 2.0

Edited by LakeShow805, February 06, 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#16 staykool

staykool

Rookie

• 46 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Orlando wouldn't trade Howard for Gasol...Gasol probably wouldn't trade Howard for Gasol, if he was Orlando. :nah:
Shh..I'm watching the Laker game.

#17 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 08, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Orlando wouldn't trade Howard for Gasol...Gasol probably wouldn't trade Howard for Gasol, if he was Orlando. :nah:

Drug test!!!! this isn't going to help longterm. Rondo for Pau they'd eat that up in Beantown. Not so fast you had a brainfart you can't teach height and as mentioned a guard who doesn't ever shoot for a big who doesn't play inside hmmmm, I'll pass til better comes along thanks!!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, February 08, 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#18 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 08, 2012 - 03:56 PM

are you high? rondo for Bynum? when we can get howard for bynum???:laughing: STAY in school
Posted Image

#19 KingDavid

KingDavid

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:20 PM

http://basketball.re...For_Gasol_Trade
Celtics interested in Gasol

#20 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:24 PM

are you high? rondo for Bynum? when we can get howard for bynum???:laughing: STAY in school

LOL

The North Remembers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users