6 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:37 PM

The Lakers forward recently has become the subject of Coach Phil Jackson's ridicule and one-liners, the coach questioning his play during training camp. Jackson even has said that Odom might be better suited coming off the bench, something the veteran hasn't done since the ninth grade.

Jackson's comments come after an unsettling summer for Odom, whose name was linked with every trade rumor and repeatedly was slammed on fan websites for his lackadaisical play during the NBA Finals.

Yet, Odom remains unscathed, unfazed and tolerant of it all, notably because of what life already has given him. Besides, he said Monday, it's all part of professional basketball.

"It might be bothersome, but it doesn't hurt," he said. "It's something that I come in here and act as if it didn't happen. That's part of the game. I know that when I'm in here, I think I work hard. If you were a trainer in here with me, you would think I work hard, on the court and in the weight room.

"Not playing well isn't not playing hard. If you miss every shot, you're not playing well. You can still be playing hard. I take it with a grain of salt."

http://www.ocregiste...5-every-jackson

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:43 PM

I think Odom's starting to realize he will be traded. He could be a nice peice for several teams in the league. I think him being traded could be the best thing for us and for him.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#3 jplakers

jplakers

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Fav. Laker:andrew bynum

Posted October 14, 2008 - 03:10 PM

ur right he should be traded we dont need him pau took his position and he CANT play the sf position with two 7 foot big guys because what he brings to the team we dont need hs rebounding dont need we have bynum and gasol his 14 points dont need we have kobe fisher gasol bynum sasha farmar and even vlad who all can score 10+ points a game we dont need his ballhandling because we have fisher kobe farmar sasha who all have ballhandling skills and we NEED DEFENSE somethin that Ariza has and We need deadly 3pt range because pau and kobe ans bynum will get doubled we need to space the floor with lamar and the two big men they will throw a small lineup vs us and we need a guy who can hit the 3 consistently at 40%+ something that radmonovic fisher and sasha posses so we dont need lamar we need defense thats why i say to trade him now that his value is high

#4 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 14, 2008 - 05:11 PM

I think Odom's starting to realize he will be traded. He could be a nice peice for several teams in the league. I think him being traded could be the best thing for us and for him.

For him? He wants to win a ring. Ain't going to do that on any other team...

#5 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 14, 2008 - 05:19 PM

yeah wasnt there talk about him wanting to take a paycut?
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#6 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, he ain't gonna let the ring out of his hands after being 2 wins away...he will stay for sure, and help out Lakers in any way possible.

Heck, he even volunteered to be the mascot if he really has to be....<_<

#7 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:42 AM

For him? He wants to win a ring. Ain't going to do that on any other team...

I also imagine that he'd like to start and not be the scapegoat.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users