NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Durant's hatin..

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7529212/oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-not-fired-los-angeles-clippers-blake-griffin-dunk

Durant just sticking up for his teammate he even said if it wasn't against the Thunders he'd consider it a good play, I don't have a problem with his response.

Is John Lucas the son of the assistant NBA coach John Lucas because if not why the hell has Kobe known him since he was like 10

#42 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 02, 2012 - 06:59 AM

Durant just sticking up for his teammate he even said if it wasn't against the Thunders he'd consider it a good play, I don't have a problem with his response.

Is John Lucas the son of the assistant NBA coach John Lucas because if not why the hell has Kobe known him since he was like 10

Yeah, John Lucas III is John Lucas' son.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, February 02, 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 01:28 PM

Baron Davis over Kirilenko in the playoffs was better than Griffin's IMO.

Vince Carter's still #1. 6'6 jumping over a 7'2 player is ridiculous in itself, fact that it happened in a game is just amazing

#44 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

Clippers Season Ticket Holder

• 580 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Magic

Posted February 02, 2012 - 01:56 PM

VC wil always be #1. But Baron Davis over Kirilenko no way is that better than this. This one is just sheer force two giant men colliding and Griffin just OVERPOWERING him for the nasty throwdown.

#45 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 02, 2012 - 02:00 PM

It was a GREAT dunk and easily best of this young season, but best ever? Not even close.
htCCl0m.png

#46 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 02, 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wasn't technically a dunk too

#47 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 02, 2012 - 05:11 PM

VC wil always be #1. But Baron Davis over Kirilenko no way is that better than this. This one is just sheer force two giant men colliding and Griffin just OVERPOWERING him for the nasty throwdown.

How do you figure, it wasn't even a true dunk, it was a throw in, I mean do I really need to repost the youtube clip? And it was actually an offensive foul cuz he gave a big forearm to Perkins face which I don't mind too much, plus Perkins didn't even jump. Baron is supposed 6'3 and tomahawk dunked it over "at the time" one of the best defenders and shotblockers" in the league that happens to be 6'9 and he jumped to try and block it and did it in the playoffs.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#48 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 02, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Edited by phifedogg76, February 02, 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#49 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 05:15 PM

call it whatever you want "throw in" "lay up" its still better than most dunks anyone can ever do. and isn't perkins known for his defense? wasn't he the defensive presence back when the celtics made the finals twice? the collision and power alone of the dunk makes it way better than the baron davis dunk. the bd dunk was a great in the moment dunk and but the "throw down" itself spelled game over for the thunder in the third.

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 06:54 PM

call it whatever you want "throw in" "lay up" its still better than most dunks anyone can ever do. and isn't perkins known for his defense? wasn't he the defensive presence back when the celtics made the finals twice? the collision and power alone of the dunk makes it way better than the baron davis dunk. the bd dunk was a great in the moment dunk and but the "throw down" itself spelled game over for the thunder in the third.

Shot blockers get dunked on. Doesn't matter if he's a defensive presence. Go look at how many times Mutumbo got dunked on.

Griffin's throw down was impressive. But there are plenty of dunks more impressive than his.

#51 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,892 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Lucky Perkins didn't go Bynum on him.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#52 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,144 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 02, 2012 - 11:33 PM

Not too impressed. Not really a dunk, overrated, I had a similar reaction to the one he had on Mozgov last year where Blake grabbed Mozgov's head and it was all over his nuts, but he just threw it in.

An impressive BF dunk is the one where he does the spin move on Gallinari, loses him, and DUNKS it on his head. That was noicee.

But because it was Perkins that had his hand up, and allowed another player to throw the ball in while all over him, it gains some points lol

I agree with some of the previous posters opinions about other dunks being more impressive tho, B Diddy over AK47 was insane.

#53 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 09:02 AM

All better than Griffin's in my opinion. These guys actually got to the basket and dunked the ball with authority, didn't need to throw it through the hoop. Again, Griffin's was impressive but there has been better in game dunks and posters than his.

#54 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:04 AM

jesus christ. this is about dunk of the year not of all time. calm down jealous people, quit hating and just admit it was a damn good move.

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:13 AM

jesus christ. this is about dunk of the year not of all time. calm down jealous people, quit hating and just admit it was a damn good move.

You were the one that responded to me saying BD's dunk was in no way better than Griffins. So you pretty much added to argument I was making.

My opinion is in response to the countless Clippers fans that have said its the best dunk of all time.

So maybe its you who needs to calm down instead of getting emotional about it and calling people jealous or haters.

#56 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:16 AM

you mentioned the BD dunk and I said it was better. i wasn't bringing up all these other dunks and posting videos of them. besides that look at the title. besides that who cares what they think if they love their player that much and they think its the best why do you care about that.

#57 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,385 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:19 AM

you mentioned the BD dunk and I said it was better. i wasn't bringing up all these other dunks and posting videos of them. besides that look at the title. besides that who cares what they think if they love their player that much and they think its the best why do you care about that.

I posted videos that I believe are better than Griffin's. Is that a big deal?

I also said Griffins dunk was impressive. Never said it was a bad dunk. Not a hater, not jealous, not any of that. Just stating my opinion on a website that consists of that type of thing.

#58 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:28 AM

they're all great dunks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users