Photo

Idea: Magic/Nets/Lakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Source24/

Source24/

Rookie

• 80 posts
  • Fan Since:The moment Kobe took flight in the 96 dunk contest.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 24, 2012 - 02:46 AM

it's 4:30 in the morning. And I am finding ways to not write my advanced modern philosophy analysis on the parallels between Hume and Kant in terms of their philosophical ideologies. What better way to waste time than to think of stupid trade ideas.

Posted Image

If I am being a crazy sleep deprived college kid, please let me know. I probably am...

Trade won't happen obviously, these teams are not gonna hand this to the Lakers. It is not very realistic. More of just a late night musing. But it is an interesting thought.

The Nets get Bynum and Anderson to build around. Along with some rookies and maybe some picks. Bynum would be their future centerpiece, and the way that Anderson is playing right now, he would be a brilliant complementary piece. The fear of losing D-Will, and Lopez getting hurt would spur this move. The Nets get some young talent and picks, and they can get more young talent through the draft. Blake, Moriss, and Goudelock are essentially filler, but what they do is they would bolster the weak backcourt that Jersey has. They would be a young team with a young centerpiece, and looking forward to a future in Brooklyn.

The Magic lose Dwight and Anderson, their two best players. But in return they get the young Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks (15ppg decent 22 year old guard) Matt Barnes, a player who knows the system and would fit in perfectly, and some more rookies/picks. Pau would be tough to take, but he would be the vet presence on that team. The dou of Pau/Lopez is more of a finesse duo, but it would work interestingly with the kick and shoot style that Van Gundy plays. On top of that, they move Hedo's contract. Ebanks would essentially be the wild card. He is a kid that has great potential, and his youth would be a good reason to make this trade.

The Lakers lose Bynum/Blake/Bynum/Gasol but they get the two best players in next years free agent class. Essentially setting themselves up for a title run with Kobe still at the helm. With this core, and maybe some more pieces. Idk what the chatter about Arenas signing where Howard goes, or J.R. wanting to come to the Lakers is about, I suppose we will see. Hedo is a player that stretches the floor, and gives the Lakers decent scoring threat. He isn't much, but if he gets 12-15 per game. That is a very strong starting 5.

So yeah. Hopefully when I come check this out later today, I won't end up looking like an idiot. I do acquiesce the obvious flaws in this trade premise, and yet I feel like it is an interesting thought. Let me know what you guys think.

Posted Image
:: Deviantart | Facebook ::
"Source24designs"
Someday I will have nothing to lose. I cannot wait for that day.

#2 GinzyVee

GinzyVee

Clutch

• 1,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 24, 2012 - 02:48 AM

We cant afford to trade half of our team away hahah :laughing:

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,830 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 24, 2012 - 11:01 PM

it's 4:30 in the morning. And I am finding ways to not write my advanced modern philosophy analysis on the parallels between Hume and Kant in terms of their philosophical ideologies. What better way to waste time than to think of stupid trade ideas.

Awesome! I also find ways NOT to work on my thesis on fish composition in tropical ecosystems by playing around on the damn Trade Machine.

Like your trade - do it Mitch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users