Photo

Forget D Will, trade for Dwight Howard & Mo Williams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Forget D Will, trade for Dwight Howard & Mo Williams (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is this a good trade for?

1. Lakers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Magic (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Both teams (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

4. Neither team (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 21, 2012 - 09:51 PM

I say forget trying to get our own "Big Three", let's just trade for Dwight and find great pieces to fit around him and Kobe. First I say we trade Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace (still doesn't sound right) to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu (who we can either keep or amnesty), Ryan Anderson (a great 3-point shooter), and JJ Redick (another great 3-point shooter). Sure were giving up all our size, but we get the best center in the game and a bunch of 3-point shooters to surround him. Losing Gasol is going to hurt, but with Ryan Anderson starting in his place we finally have someone who could help space the floor. He's not the best defender, but then again with Dwight helping out who cares. Redick gets to back-up Kobe and provides some scoring off the bench. Turkoglu would fill the Odom role as ball handler/scorer off the bench, and if he doesn't work out we could amnesty him in the summer. Orlando gets two All-Star 7-footers to replace Dwight and keep a competitive team with Jameer Nelson running the show and J Rich at the 2. Here's what the trade look like below:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=8xb9wg8

This trade doesn't solve the Lakers problem at the 1 but that's where Mo Williams comes into play. With Mo as the Clippers 3rd or 4th string PG, they don't really need him and could trade him to the Lakers for Odom's trade exception, Ebanks or D Morris, and maybe a draft pick or two. A starting lineup of Mo Williams, Kobe, Barnes, Ryan Anderson, & D12 would be a tough team to beat in the playoffs. And who knows, maybe instead of Mo Williams we can convince Steve Nash to come to the Lake Show. Maybe, maybe not. Anyways, here's what the Lakers could look like... a pretty good team if you ask me

Mo Williams Fisher Blake
Kobe Redick Gaudelock
Barnes Turkoglu Walton
Ryan Anderson McRoberts
D Howard Troy Murphy

#2 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2012 - 10:56 PM

I would pull the trigger on both of those trades in a heartbeat. However realistically, I'm not sure if any team involved would actually like these deals. Orlando might not want to gut their team while also giving up Dwight (although Nelson, Richardson, World Peace, Gasol, and Bynum is easily a playoff team in the East). The Lakers might not be willing to give up on the whole "Twin Towers" thing. The Clipps probably wouldn't wanna help out the Lakers.
Posted Image

#3 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 11:06 PM

I would pull the trigger on both of those trades in a heartbeat. However realistically, I'm not sure if any team involved would actually like these deals. Orlando might not want to gut their team while also giving up Dwight (although Nelson, Richardson, World Peace, Gasol, and Bynum is easily a playoff team in the East). The Lakers might not be willing to give up on the whole "Twin Towers" thing. The Clipps probably wouldn't wanna help out the Lakers.

True, the Clippers probably wouldn't want to do the Lakers any favors lol. They might do it to clear some cap space though; with Bledsoe coming back and CP3 and Billups in front of him, 8.5 million is a whole lot to pay a 3rd/4th stringer.

#4 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:39 AM

I say forget trying to get our own "Big Three", let's just trade for Dwight and find great pieces to fit around him and Kobe. First I say we trade Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace (still doesn't sound right) to Orlando for Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu (who we can either keep or amnesty), Ryan Anderson (a great 3-point shooter), and JJ Redick (another great 3-point shooter). Sure were giving up all our size, but we get the best center in the game and a bunch of 3-point shooters to surround him. Losing Gasol is going to hurt, but with Ryan Anderson starting in his place we finally have someone who could help space the floor. He's not the best defender, but then again with Dwight helping out who cares. Redick gets to back-up Kobe and provides some scoring off the bench. Turkoglu would fill the Odom role as ball handler/scorer off the bench, and if he doesn't work out we could amnesty him in the summer. Orlando gets two All-Star 7-footers to replace Dwight and keep a competitive team with Jameer Nelson running the show and J Rich at the 2. Here's what the trade look like below:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8xb9wg8

This trade doesn't solve the Lakers problem at the 1 but that's where Mo Williams comes into play. With Mo as the Clippers 3rd or 4th string PG, they don't really need him and could trade him to the Lakers for Odom's trade exception, Ebanks or D Morris, and maybe a draft pick or two. A starting lineup of Mo Williams, Kobe, Barnes, Ryan Anderson, & D12 would be a tough team to beat in the playoffs. And who knows, maybe instead of Mo Williams we can convince Steve Nash to come to the Lake Show. Maybe, maybe not. Anyways, here's what the Lakers could look like... a pretty good team if you ask me

Mo Williams Fisher Blake
Kobe Redick Gaudelock
Barnes Turkoglu Walton
Ryan Anderson McRoberts
D Howard Troy Murphy

It's cool. I just wonder what would happen if Dwight got hurt. Who plays center?? If we let Bynum and Gasol go we better find a major back-up

#5 harv2177

harv2177

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 22, 2012 - 02:01 PM

I can truly understand where u guys feel a good PG is what we need..But Mo Williams in the long run is not the guard we want for the future.If we had our way we would atleast have Paul and enticing Howard even more.But by LA trying to pull that off shows what there intentions are.Guards like Deron and Paul don't come along that often so even if there struggling at the moment u don't make any trades involving Bynum or Gasol.ORL knows LA won't gv up both bigs for D12 so considering Bynum healthy,he and maybe Ebanks or a combo of Drew,trade exception draft picks should be enuff for Dwight considering with Lopez out and Dal hoping we don't get him..Its almost a lock unless the clips gv up Jordan and some young pieces...So really Gasol as the center piece in a package for D Will whether its him young pieces or another team involving other players should be their main priority.Deron gives us a tall PG(as I say Jason Kidd with a jumpshot) would be the piece that gets over the hump.He kept Utah competitive.The fact he is a scoring guard,he is a facilitator 1st and easily would make lesser one dimensional players that much better.Mo Williams is a guard that is spot up like Fisher.And of course we know Mamba can playmake becuz that isn't his strong suit,Deron can control the offense by handling the rock more and feeding Kobe in his sweet spots.The fact we would have to pick up Turks contract.Will,Dwight and Turk gives us the highly needed athletiscm,a big 3 that is a shooter,facilitator and anchor.Role players like Turk,McBOB,Murph and say Goudelock,Barnes and Ebanks or what ur bench now looks like D Will a guard that can take over,maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses and create for everyone else is the key component on why we should focus on him but pick Dwight up first so now the Nets will start taking offers.Now this is a little off the cuff but considering if they sealed the deal for D Will and Dwight.There happy cuz there playing together(the duo for the future,"The New Lob Angelos"),Kobe is obviously happy and with or without them.Watch out next year for resigning Lamar knowing he could come back and possibly start and of all the talk which unless u can't get D Will,trading Pau for Love.Love could walk and we sign him as our future PF,which would put Odom back as our six man.I know this scenario is a little far fetched but hypothetically if Love and Lamar could be fitted in the cap or take lesser money.Imagine what our team looks like and one more thing if Ainge gives up Pierce to us say for Ebanks,Morris and our 1st rounder...

Depth chart: C-Dwight,Murphy,McBob
PF-Love,Odom,Turk
SF-Pierce,Barnes,Walton(who I hate)
SG-Kobe,Kapono,Goudelock(if we still had him)
PG-D Will,Fisher(for lockerroom presence),
I know possibly wishful thinking and how would Brown distribute the ball and could it be too much talent.But Pierce I think would understand his role,Kobe shots attempts go down for good reason,Dwight doesn't demand the ball,Love focuses more on rebounding,Lamar same role and the rest of the bench plays off which ever big 3 is in the game whether is Kobe,Dwight,Deron..Kobe Love Dwight...Deron Love Dwight...Pierce Love Dwight...Pierce,Kobe,Deron...Dwight Pierce Kobe...Deron Love Pierce...Kobe and Pierce ride off into retirement with more rings and ur future Big 3...Love Dwight Deron....wow...JUST IMAGINE

#6 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 02:29 PM

It's cool. I just wonder what would happen if Dwight got hurt. Who plays center?? If we let Bynum and Gasol go we better find a major back-up

Dwight's rarely been hurt in his career, I'd take my chances on him playing every game. I'm honestly more worried about him fouling out then getting injured.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users