21 replies to this topic

#1 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:19 PM

Did anyone but me not see this coming years ago. Even when we were winning championships the stars aligned perfectly. Did you forget the Boston series? Did you forget Ron Rons tip in. Having trouble with old ass Pheonix? Thanking god Durant was so young he practically froze? How many times have we beaten a LeBron James team in the last 6 or 7 years. How many times have we beaten Portland in the last 4 or 5 years. And thank god Denver blew up their team. When Blake Griffin was a rookie I posted Pau for Blake and some of you guys called me crazy. Hmmmmmmm

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,222 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:35 PM

POPULAR

Can we please disable registration. Please.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 21, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Suns made it to WCF.... They were worthy. Big 3 plus Rondo and Perk is all time great. We beat Portland in LA everytime. How many times have we faced Bron in the playoffs?
Denver is about the same now as they always were minus one year. Lol
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 04:09 PM

Suns made it to WCF.... They were worthy. Big 3 plus Rondo and Perk is all time great. We beat Portland in LA everytime. How many times have we faced Bron in the playoffs?
Denver is about the same now as they always were minus one year. Lol

All I'm saying is all of that crap was too close for comfort and we needed to have better forsight. The Jordan Bulls never stop tweaking and weren't afraid to make big moves until the end. When we won the three with Shaq, there was not doubt except the Portland series. I'm always on edge with this squad. And Thank God Orlando did make it out of the East as oppose to Cleveland that year. We just have a rough time whenever we face Lebron or Wade; let alone both. I'm just as big of a Laker fan as anyone else but, I'm also a realist. Some people are fanatics and are just blind. Thats why they ask for registrations to be revoked and stupid ISH like that. I've been a fan longer than they've been on this planet but you're cool though. You at least have an opinion with some facts

#5 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Can we please disable registration. Please.

Check the facts

#6 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2012 - 04:27 PM

There was no doubt except the Portland series in 2000-2002? What about 2002 WCF? Did you forget that. We would have been down 3-1 if not for that Horry big 3. We should have lost that series. We somehow pulled out of it and won our third straight!

THe only year in 2000-2002 was 2001 that we just obliterated everyone going 16-1 in the playoffs. That 2001 team was fricken unstoppable.
Laker fan for life.

#7 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,823 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 04:46 PM

if you think about it like this, then EVERY team to win anything should consider themselves lucky

13z8pc6.jpg

#8 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 05:06 PM

if you think about it like this, then EVERY team to win anything should consider themselves lucky

All I know is if you get swept in the Western Conference finals after barely making it there you should be pulling out all the stops to win Kobe his 6th. And to me that doesn't include gving up the only two bigs you have to get one and put yourself one injury away from being in the lottery. What happen to the days of superstars taking paycuts to get better players like Magic and Michael did? Pau is definately not worth 20 Mil right now nor last year

#9 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted January 21, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dude, you are so right, none of the great teams in NBA history ever struggled ever. Buzzer beaters, clutch plays, competitive series? [expletive] that [expletive] man, blowouts all the way. There's no way we win a championship unless we go 66-0. End of story. I mean, Jordan's Bulls never had any problems in the playoffs ever.
-->Posted Image
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#10 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Did anyone but me not see this coming years ago. Even when we were winning championships the stars aligned perfectly. Did you forget the Boston series? Did you forget Ron Rons tip in. Having trouble with old ass Pheonix? Thanking god Durant was so young he practically froze? How many times have we beaten a LeBron James team in the last 6 or 7 years. How many times have we beaten Portland in the last 4 or 5 years. And thank god Denver blew up their team. When Blake Griffin was a rookie I posted Pau for Blake and some of you guys called me crazy. Hmmmmmmm

No team will win every game easily. How you win games doesn't make a team great. Talent, luck, whatever you want to call it we found ways to win basketball games. Although it may not always be pretty, we walked away with 2 championships in the past 3 years. This Lakers team has always tried to pick up guys to constantly improve and I know that we haven't seen the end of it.

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:31 PM

No team will win every game easily. How you win games doesn't make a team great. Talent, luck, whatever you want to call it we found ways to win basketball games. Although it may not always be pretty, we walked away with 2 championships in the past 3 years. This Lakers team has always tried to pick up guys to constantly improve and I know that we haven't seen the end of it.

I agree with you Brad but damn!! Just wish we didn't spend so much money on Bynum's potential, what Pau DID and what the hell was the deal with the Artest, Walton and Blake's length of contract. Really? It just seems like teams aren't willing to deal with us. Almost like they're still pissed about the Gasol thing. Or maybe the way we got Shaq, or hell, maybe even the way we got Kobe ????? I just don't know, it may go all the way back to how we got Kareem and Magic

#12 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Every time that wins a a ring goes through hard times of the road to the ring so what if we went 6 games with Phoenix or 7 with Boston all those teams deserved to be there and we came out on top. Those years we won we shoulda been satisfied instead thinking damn we won the ring but it was really close were doomed next time around.

#13 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Every time that wins a a ring goes through hard times of the road to the ring so what if we went 6 games with Phoenix or 7 with Boston all those teams deserved to be there and we came out on top. Those years we won we shoulda been satisfied instead thinking damn we won the ring but it was really close were doomed next time around.

And we got swept last year and we look like we may struggle to make the playoffs this year. Think about it. Why rest instead of trying to get MUCH better. Boston is learning that the hard way. But I feel you, stay positive and keep hope alive

#14 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 21, 2012 - 06:58 PM

And we got swept last year and we look like we may struggle to make the playoffs this year. Think about it. Why rest instead of trying to get MUCH better. Boston is learning that the hard way. But I feel you, stay positive and keep hope alive

We obviously tried to get much better CP3 trade ring a bell? GM's are in constant contact with each other their not just sitting in their office chilling, it takes atleast two ppl to agree for a trade to go through. But regardless it's still Jan. we can make moves, guys can get hot at the right time, or the team might start to gel. We don't know whats gonna happen at this point especially with this condensed season so lets just put thing in perspective and relax a little bit.

#15 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 07:44 PM

We obviously tried to get much better CP3 trade ring a bell? GM's are in constant contact with each other their not just sitting in their office chilling, it takes atleast two ppl to agree for a trade to go through. But regardless it's still Jan. we can make moves, guys can get hot at the right time, or the team might start to gel. We don't know whats gonna happen at this point especially with this condensed season so lets just put thing in perspective and relax a little bit.

Yeah!! Stern really stuck it to us on that one. And believe me, if we got CP3, Howard would have packed his bags for Purple and Gold the next day. I still don't see how New Orleans ended up better off other than the fact that they got Minnesota's pick. E Gordon is good, but DAMN. Guess Sten is a Laker hater too

#16 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 21, 2012 - 08:18 PM

I keep tellin' ya DH is NOT the answer. If and it's a huge "IF" CP3 had been here the teams tempo and composure would be waay different. But without a good cop to Kobes bad cop theres no balance. Too much standing around. No effort for boards. No effort period. It's tough to be on a team and you bust your arse and the rest don't. Frustrating! Mike Brown better get something going I mean 7 points in a quarter??? BS!!! Common Man!

#17 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yes its Mike Browns fault for players missing open shots, yeah your right smh

The North Remembers

#18 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 23, 2012 - 06:32 PM

No coach makes shots but they do design the offense!

#19 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 06:40 PM

yes I agree, I believe its a little bit of both, players and coaches are responsible.

Edited by TheMadSci, January 23, 2012 - 06:40 PM.

The North Remembers

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Then Brown should be commended. The Lakers are getting wide open uncontested shots, if they don't make them, I don't see how that is on the coaching staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users