Photo

Olympiakos Preparing Offer For Kobe...?!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:12 AM

According to italian site basketcentral.it Olympiakos is preparing an offer for Kobe Bryant(?!?!) for next summer. The italian site claims that they have information from "inside the club" insinuating that the Angelopoulos brothers will offer the superstar a contract of 60 million dollars for 3 years with an option for the player at the end of each season.

In that contract there will be an incredible list of benefits, a villa in the Mediterranean Sea, pay all the taxes at the expense of the club, to pay the bills for the staff and for a private boat for Kobe Bryant. The article also says that they are planning to form Olympiakos into an NBA style club with a court that fits 15-20 thousand seats and a private jet for the team.

This could be just another rumor in a long list of rumors that circulated around the net this summer and what seems really odd is the timing of it. It is strange for a rumor like that to be released in a time like now when all the leagues have begun. There is no credible reason other than attracting attention.. Only time will tell if there is any validity in it..

http://thehoop.blogs...r-for-kobe.html

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:18 AM

Kobe won't leave for $60M, 3 years. :lol:

They need to offer him at least $50M a year for him to really think about it.

#3 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:32 AM

I think that guy messed up - other sites are reporting that it would be $60 million Euro, which would be about $83 million US dollars.

#4 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:56 AM

I don't see that happening. When all this talk first came up I thought that there might be a chance, but then Kobe flat out said that it was all a joke to him and LeBron. He's the ultimate competitor, and I don't think that he's gonna take off for European obscurity after having climbed back to the top with a team built specifically around him that's ready to take the title year after year for the next 5-7 years.

If he were to take off for Europe when this deal is offered he'd basically be saying, "I know that the Laker management has done everything in their power to rebuild a dynasty from nothing in an unnatural time-span of 4 years time when it normally takes 10 years, and I know that I've put the Laker fanbase in a state of constant "WTF" moments the past 2 off-seasons(particularly last year's), but thanks but no thanks....I'm gonna head to Europe to play for a league that is nothing compared to the NBA."
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#5 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,807 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 02:57 PM

success in the NBA > success + $$$ anywhere else.

#6 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted October 14, 2008 - 03:55 PM

I don't see Kobe Bryant leaving us anytime soon....if not at all..

Edited by m4mb4 24, October 14, 2008 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#7 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 14, 2008 - 04:49 PM

blah. if he leaves, which would be stupid as hell, we'll see that the NBA has purely boiled down to a business. He'll stay if he's smart, but if not, we move on, right?

#8 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 14, 2008 - 05:16 PM

Yea if he leaves (which I know won't happen) most of us will move on and focus and the team we have, but the Kobe fans will probably move on from this team and forum...which wouldn't be a bad thing...

#9 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 14, 2008 - 06:58 PM

That's a rich deal...

If he wins a ring this year, I'd be concerned if I were the Lakers...

#10 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 14, 2008 - 08:39 PM

That's a rich deal...

If he wins a ring this year, I'd be concerned if I were the Lakers...

Why would you be concerned? Even if Kobe got his ring, he wouldn't be satisfied with just getting one ring during the post-Shaq era. He wants to get as many as he can until his career is over.

Kobe's not going to play in Europe, that's final. And that's regardless of how lucrative the deal is money-wise.

Edited by KuYa JL, October 14, 2008 - 08:39 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#11 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 10:07 PM

Why would you be concerned? Even if Kobe got his ring, he wouldn't be satisfied with just getting one ring during the post-Shaq era. He wants to get as many as he can until his career is over.

Kobe's not going to play in Europe, that's final. And that's regardless of how lucrative the deal is money-wise.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Once Kobe gets another ring post-Shaq, he's gonna want to add on more wood to the fire and just keep piling it on the haters.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#12 Domo

Domo

Based

• 998 posts

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:22 PM

#13 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 14, 2008 - 11:59 PM

He might go back home to Italy at the end of his career. Anything is possible. <_<

#14 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:23 AM

Anything is possible. <_<

#15 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:43 AM

Now, why the hell would you put "that" here. <_<
Posted Image

#16 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 15, 2008 - 02:04 AM

Someone censor that off please....or I'd just not enter this thread anymore. <_<

#17 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted October 15, 2008 - 01:57 PM

LOS ANGELES — Kobe Bryant was ready for the question, and he didn’t want to hear it.

“Don’t ask me nothing silly,” he said after Lakers practice at Staples Center. Bryant didn’t want to feed the new story that Greek club Olympiacos was gearing up to offer him $60 million over three years after the coming NBA season.

“Next question,” Bryant said flatly.

Two weeks ago Bryant called the idea of him going to Europe for $50 million ” a joke.”

“It’s just something that was a joke for us, and people took it and ran with it or whatever,” Bryant said. “That’s fine. Everybody needs to banter about something.”

He wasn’t in the mood to banter about it on this day, though. Bryant can opt out of his contract at season’s end, but there’s no reason to believe he won’t re-sign with the Lakers as they attempt to re-establish themselves as an NBA dynasty.

http://lakers.freedo...-as-silly/2581/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users