Andrew Bynum
Kevin Martin
Goran Dragic
Matt Barnes
Devin Ebanks
Derrick Caracter

Rockets get:

Pau Gasol

For the Lakers, it gets Dwight. Scola is a decent starting PF. Hedo is still a really good shooter and overall scorer. Jameer has struggled this season, but he's young enough that I think he'll bounce back.

For the Magic, it's a ok return for their superstar. They get Bynum. Martin is having a bad season, but he's young enough to bounce back as well. Dragic is a good young PG. The other 3 are filler for the trade to work. They take in no bad contracts, and get rid of their 3 biggest contracts.

For the Rockets, it's the same deal they did in the original CP3 trade. Pau hasn't looked great, but their players haven't either. So I think they would still do it.

I like this trade idea because it gives the Magic more of a return than just Bynum, which I'm not confident in at all. It involves giving up both Bynum and Gasol, but it gives the Lakers a nice return for them.

Posted Image

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 15, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Def no Pau as bad as hes playing is better than any of those players except of coarse D12 as good as Scola is or was were not contenders with that team
Posted Image

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is like the first time I've seen a good trade in this section. Looks good.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:24 PM

It would never happen.

The only reason Houston wanted to do the trade in the first place, was to be able clear cap-space and then make a run at Nene - creating the league's best frontcourt-combo (Nene-Pau) with lots of young talent and the league's most underrated PG (Lowry). W/o Nene, it doesn't make sense for Houston.

Would i do the trade - perhaps. I really think we're giving up a lot for Howard.
Jameer have been very bad this season, and he cant defend.
Scola is good - but has a relatively bad and long contract.
Hedo is bad - but has an even worse contract.

In the end, i would probably do the trade, perhaps without giving up Barnes. Then i'd try and move Metta and Blake for...something.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, January 15, 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 16, 2012 - 01:27 AM

I think Houston still does it. There's still a lot of good free agents after this season, and it just gets rid of redundant talent on their team. They have too much depth. It frees up minutes for their players, and it returns somebody who would be one of their best players. Cap space is nice to have anyway.

Regardless, it's how I think the Lakers should go about dealing Dwight. Trade Bynum to Orlando, trade Gasol to a third team, then split what comes from the third team.

Edited by Japago, January 16, 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Posted Image

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 16, 2012 - 01:59 AM

I think Houston still does it. There's still a lot of good free agents after this season, and it just gets rid of redundant talent on their team. They have too much depth. It frees up minutes for their players, and it returns somebody who would be one of their best players. Cap space is nice to have anyway.

Regardless, it's how I think the Lakers should go about dealing Dwight. Trade Bynum to Orlando, trade Gasol to a third team, then split what comes from the third team.

I agree, if you wanna Trade Pau that is the way to do it. You could perhaps try to ship him to Utah for a Millsap-Harris package. I dont think we should trade him though.

#7 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 16, 2012 - 12:59 PM

And, I don't get why people think Hedo Turkoglu is bad.

He's around 15 ppg, with good percentages from 3 and overall. He can also create and get his own shot. He would be an upgrade over Barnes.

Posted Image

#8 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 21, 2012 - 10:38 PM

I like it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users