#161 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,588 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Because tony Parker is a back up PG? When he actually scored in the first half before foul trouble tony Parker was the one defending him and as far as I know Parker is a Starter. His first bucket was off of an offensive rebound (hustle play) where Parker did not box out and he just went around him on a Gasol miss and put the ball back in the hoop. Height and hustle cannot be taught. 

As much as you may not like it if you watched the horrible playoff games you have to be honest with yourself. Whenever he was checking Parker his production went down. He also was the only Laker Guard to drive to the paint he would have had at least 12 assists that first game but here's the thing. Our team cannot shoot, Its really that simple.... The very first play he made in game 3 was a great pass IN TRAFFIC to dwight in the paint while he was on the move that got dwight to the line. Of course dwight missed the shot so no assist no credit due. His upside is still very high because the only things he is lacking can be taught outside of that the Lakers fans hate for him is laughable.... I really do hope he signs elsewhere this offseason (Same thing I have been saying) this is really the wrong team for player development. Our spoiled fans would rather be the NBA retirement home ....I have said it before and I will stick to my guns given the opportunity to actually play he will be a very good back up PG for some team in the NBA. Developed correctly and he could be a starter. 

24/2/6

8/3/6

Were his statlines for the two playoff games he started his shooting % that second game was horrid but his assists and rebounds were decent for a back up PG. Considering he was thrown to the wolves only averaging what 6 mins a game or less on the season thats not bad production. I see potential ... you do not. The second round thing is pretty old there are second round picks that have had very meaningful and productive NBA careers. 

lol...blake was the one playing good defense on parker

#162 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:27 AM

lol...blake was the one playing good defense on parker

Wow, Several sports reporters and analysts disagree with you. Hell read a few of their tweets that were going up during the games. Pincus and Winters had some interesting ones.... but really just wow.

#163 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,881 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:29 AM

LOL...you sound like one of those guys that states that Kobe is locked up by a particular player when he shoots poorly.

Kobe had two games against the Jazz where he shot 38% and 41%. Do you give Gordon Hayward props for that?

Man, you guys really like to reach.

Tony Parker shot 1-10 against us in the second to last game of the regular season, with Blake on him (for the most part). So does that make Blake the better defender?

Parker shot 3-10 against the Wolves during the last game of the regular season, right before Game 1. Blame that on...Rubio, Ridnour, or Barea's gritty, elite defense?

:coffee:

EDIT: Hahahaha wait a minute...

Because tony Parker is a back up PG? When he actually scored in the first half before foul trouble tony Parker was the one defending him and as far as I know Parker is a Starter.

For one, Darius Morris played just seven minutes in Game 1...and he was never in foul trouble. He had ONE foul.

But hold up!

He also was the only Laker Guard to drive to the paint he would have had at least 12 assists that first game but here's the thing.

So in seven minutes, Game 1, Darius Morris could have had 12 assists?!?!?!

You really thought I was gonna let that slip past me, huh? :laughing:

-----------

So because he defended Parker for seven minutes, he's the big reason why Parker shot under 40% in Game 1?  Doubt that, lol.

What was the case in the other three games that Tony Parker beat our asses in?

#164 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:03 PM

LOL...you sound like one of those guys that states that Kobe is locked up by a particular player when he shoots poorly.

Kobe had two games against the Jazz where he shot 38% and 41%. Do you give Gordon Hayward props for that?

Man, you guys really like to reach.

Tony Parker shot 1-10 against us in the second to last game of the regular season, with Blake on him (for the most part). So does that make Blake the better defender?

Parker shot 3-10 against the Wolves during the last game of the regular season, right before Game 1. Blame that on...Rubio, Ridnour, or Barea's gritty, elite defense?

:coffee:

EDIT: Hahahaha wait a minute...

For one, Darius Morris played just seven minutes in Game 1...and he was never in foul trouble. He had ONE foul.

But hold up!

So in seven minutes, Game 1, Darius Morris could have had 12 assists?!?!?!

You really thought I was gonna let that slip past me, huh? :laughing:

-----------

So because he defended Parker for seven minutes, he's the big reason why Parker shot under 40% in Game 1?  Doubt that, lol.

What was the case in the other three games that Tony Parker beat our asses in?

First of all when I was speaking of the first game I was talking about the first game he started (Game 3) perhaps it was not as obvious as I thought. So lets clarify when Darius was checking Tony Parker in GAME 3 (the first game he started) his production was down as compared to when others checked him and yes he also did guard him better than Blake in Games one and two.

Yes D-Mo could have easily had 12 assist in the first game HE STARTED IN but as I said our team bricks a lot of open looks. 

If you really would like me to point out why Parker ate us up It's really pretty simple. We have people who don't know who to switch or at least show when a G gets taken off a screen and even when they do they only half ass show. Dwight stopped switching and showing for the most part because Pau never switched to his man.... that I can understand. It happened to both Blake and Morris get hit with a screen Pau just stands their and lets your guy come off a screen for an open look....... You know its pretty bad when a guard is pointing and yelling at Pau to show in the exact direction he is about to be picked and Pau still stands there and allows the shot. Pau is not the only player guilty of this just that example jumped out at me because it happened in our last regular season game with the Spurs. 

Dude... I know you Do not like him but you knew what I was talking about. There is no way he would have gotten 12 assists in 7 minutes. If you really think thats what I was talking about then something is wrong..... I generally go with what I see that would just have been dumb of me to even suggest. 

#165 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,881 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:42 PM

So why did Parker shoot 1-10 two games before the season ended, with Blake on him?

And you did ignore quite a bit of my post, discussing Kobe and how players have "locked him up."

Also...you just stated it again, that Morris defended Parker better than Blake in Game 1 (last sentence of your first paragraph), and you're hilariously wrong.

#166 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:41 PM

Blake was a problem for Parker both in the season and in the post season consistently. 

How it's ignored that in game two parker went off when Blake was not guarding him and Morris was put on him(along with Dwight being on the bench) is funny.

And I'm a HUGE Morris supporter.  But it's obvious Blake's defense on Parker bothered him a LOT more than Morris' especially when Blake knew how to lead him to Dwight.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#167 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:38 PM

So why did Parker shoot 1-10 two games before the season ended, with Blake on him?

And you did ignore quite a bit of my post, discussing Kobe and how players have "locked him up."

Also...you just stated it again, that Morris defended Parker better than Blake in Game 1 (last sentence of your first paragraph), and you're hilariously wrong.

You saying someone locked Kobe up was not worth mentioning but I will address it. Kobe has off nights but no one in the NBA can just lock him up. They can make it difficult on him but he will get his..... I'm not one of those anti Kobe guys. Also back to the defense..... Never said Blake was horrible but I really do not see him as a better defender ..... Maybe I am wrong, Not too big to admit when I am wrong but I just don't see it that way. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users