DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:56 AM

Got abused by CP3

Yep!
Seriously, i dont know what the Lakers are thinking with this guy. In spite of his effort he is clueless on defense, he haven't hit a 3 since mid-december and whenever he is on the court we lose.
His ceiling is a mediocre back-up guard, but at this point he wouldn't even crack the guard rotation on most teams.
Trade him now!

#144 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:39 AM

Highly unintelligent. Only reason he plays is that he sadly is probably our best or 2nd best perimeter defender next to Kobe when Kobe gives a damn

#145 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:39 AM

he's trash, that guy Temple on Washington is even better

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#146 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:37 PM

He is still developing and honestly I hope we do trade him, right now Morris and Metta are the only attractive pieces we have. You know its bad when Mettas trade value is higher than Gasols.

After his post game comments towards the team he would be one of the few players I would keep around.

#147 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:14 PM

He is still developing and honestly I hope we do trade him, right now Morris and Metta are the only attractive pieces we have. You know its bad when Mettas trade value is higher than Gasols.

After his post game comments towards the team he would be one of the few players I would keep around.

Posted Image

#148 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:32 PM

^ :hysterical:

#149 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,132 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 09, 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hopefully Morris carries the hot streak he had at the end of this game into the next one and he could get more minutes.

Here is the thing with Morris. IF he is playing well enough to last up till there's 4 minutes left in the first quarter we do well because it means he's contributing either offensively or defensively which means we can run lineups and minutes accordingly,

The thing is he isn't as dependable. Hopefully he plays with this "chip" on his shoulder he had at the end of the game. His step backs out of the post, and his mid range CONTROL I'd actually prefer that over his out of control drives to the basket. I always wonder why he doesn't post up more.

Does anyone remember how much of a nightmare foil he was to Jeremy Lin when we matched up with the Rockets that first time? He bothered him defensively and Lin couldn't handle him in the post.

This is something we didn't exploit today because Morris was offensively challenged early and Meeks was the more reliable shooting, however Meeks' defense got exploited by Lin and Harden at any turn. I wondered why Morris was guarding Harden and not Lin when obviously Lin doesn't match up well with him.

The answer is consistency. Morris doesn't have it. If he did he'd be a valued member no matter how marginal. If Morris found a way to give us 8 points a game he'd be more useful.

Hopefully Kobe's "little brother" develops a similar chip and plays under control and hits his wide open shots. I liked what I saw in "garbage time"(key word) from him, but in regulation it was more the same though his passing was less dodgy.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#150 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:45 AM

@Real Deal... wont lie that gif made me laugh and as to the parts you put in bold. Its a two fold thing I feel if we make a trade it will be him paired with Pau and that would help the team a lot its pretty sad but the only 3 players we have with any trade value are Metta,Pau and Morris. I think a change of scenery would also be good for him, it would allow him to actually develop at a much faster clip and get away from the scrutiny of pissy spoiled LA fans. Be honest our fans can be a ornery lot.

His post game interview last night made me respect him a lot more and would be one of the reasons I would keep him around if I could not package him in a trade with Pau. The Lakers DESPERATELY need players that actually want to play hard and win games. Darius was visually shaken and pissed at this latest turn of events and held everyone accountable himself included and I like that.

#151 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,576 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:46 AM

I heard a rumor that darrius morris has never made a layup in his life....

#152 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 16, 2013 - 10:07 AM

I heard a rumor that darrius morris has never made a layup in his life....

D-Fish status.

Morris even rubbed off on Kobe last night when he missed that wide open lay up. :laughing:

Posted Image

#153 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 16, 2013 - 03:07 PM

I get heart strokes when this guy is playing.
Impossible is nothing.

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:27 PM

They did not care about Morris, thats why he scored 24. I would have scored 15 in that game. When he has the ball in his hands, his only capability is his above average drive to the basket which he does a good job until he reaches the rim. Tonite he managed to finish those so i give him credit. But still, he is a turnover prone pg with below average basketball IQ and poor decision making. And on the defensive end, although he has the tools he does not know how to use them. He is not an Lakers-caliber player.

CJ would beg to differ.

yo.

#155 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:41 PM

CJ would beg to differ.

I would beg to differ as well but its obvious when someone just does not like a player and should not be addressed.... he played a very good game tonight and was not just left open on layups. they did leave him open for 3 seeing as he really is not a jump shooter but he drove the lane very well and made some very good passes. I really wish Dwight would have hit that shot in the first quarter when he got the bounce in traffic. Also the Wrap around pass he hit howard with for the easy bucket....I think Him and Goudelock were the only bright spots tonight. It lets us know everyone else needs to be canned asap.

#156 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,132 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 27, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Had a good game, took advantage of being open, more than I can say for Meeks.

Morris still needs to develop but it's at least games like this that show that he does have talent.  Whether or not he keeps it consistently remains to be seen.  But one thing's for sure, last year he wouldn't have done what he did last night so he IS improving.  It's just the question of how much more of an improvement he brings next year.  But at least we do know he wasn't a waste.  Same can be said of Goudelock "after" being developed in the d-league more on what a combo guard actually is.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#157 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Very good Ballhandling and Defensive skills .... needs to work very hard on his offensive game. Probably needs to go to another team to develop he wont get a legit shot in LA unless they decide to actually rebuild.

#158 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,576 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Makes you wonder what if Morris and goudelock had been developed for the last 2 years instead of being treated like garbage

#159 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ugh.

How many more years will it take for some of you to understand that this guy is proving to be a second-round talent (which is what he was when he was passed up by every team in the league, aside from us)?

He doesn't get to the rim well (you say that, but it's against backups who can't keep up with him only because of his young legs), he can't finish at the rim, he can't shoot the ball (he's still at under 40%, despite many open shots), he can't pass the ball well, he doesn't have the court vision people seemed to think he had, and defensively, he's average (Hinrich is above average, and Morris couldn't hold Hinrich's jock strap).

I typed it when he was drafted, typed it after his first season, typed it during this season, and now I'm typing it after this season.  He shot the ball better last year, and with the slightly increased role and more games under his belt, he did WORSE...just like I stated he would.

So can we stop overrating the guy?  It's only making the microscope bigger, and he's not going to fill those shoes, ever.

#160 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 07:41 AM

Ugh.

How many more years will it take for some of you to understand that this guy is proving to be a second-round talent (which is what he was when he was passed up by every team in the league, aside from us)?

He doesn't get to the rim well (you say that, but it's against backups who can't keep up with him only because of his young legs), he can't finish at the rim, he can't shoot the ball (he's still at under 40%, despite many open shots), he can't pass the ball well, he doesn't have the court vision people seemed to think he had, and defensively, he's average (Hinrich is above average, and Morris couldn't hold Hinrich's jock strap).

I typed it when he was drafted, typed it after his first season, typed it during this season, and now I'm typing it after this season.  He shot the ball better last year, and with the slightly increased role and more games under his belt, he did WORSE...just like I stated he would.

So can we stop overrating the guy?  It's only making the microscope bigger, and he's not going to fill those shoes, ever.

Because tony Parker is a back up PG? When he actually scored in the first half before foul trouble tony Parker was the one defending him and as far as I know Parker is a Starter. His first bucket was off of an offensive rebound (hustle play) where Parker did not box out and he just went around him on a Gasol miss and put the ball back in the hoop. Height and hustle cannot be taught. 

As much as you may not like it if you watched the horrible playoff games you have to be honest with yourself. Whenever he was checking Parker his production went down. He also was the only Laker Guard to drive to the paint he would have had at least 12 assists that first game but here's the thing. Our team cannot shoot, Its really that simple.... The very first play he made in game 3 was a great pass IN TRAFFIC to dwight in the paint while he was on the move that got dwight to the line. Of course dwight missed the shot so no assist no credit due. His upside is still very high because the only things he is lacking can be taught outside of that the Lakers fans hate for him is laughable.... I really do hope he signs elsewhere this offseason (Same thing I have been saying) this is really the wrong team for player development. Our spoiled fans would rather be the NBA retirement home ....I have said it before and I will stick to my guns given the opportunity to actually play he will be a very good back up PG for some team in the NBA. Developed correctly and he could be a starter. 

24/2/6

8/3/6

Were his statlines for the two playoff games he started his shooting % that second game was horrid but his assists and rebounds were decent for a back up PG. Considering he was thrown to the wolves only averaging what 6 mins a game or less on the season thats not bad production. I see potential ... you do not. The second round thing is pretty old there are second round picks that have had very meaningful and productive NBA careers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users