#121 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Morris is slightly improving.

Hate to say that, because he's playing our Lakers right now...but it seems like Marcus Morris has been working pretty hard on his game.

Joking, by the way.

Slightly improving? I'd say that's a bit of an understatement.

He is shooting well from beyond the arc, and he can defend. The way he is playing now, he should easily grab the back-up pg spot.

#122 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Knee grow? You're in your 30's, but act 13?

Internet tough guys are those that are skinny, frail, nerdy, and would be afraid to say what they feel in real life. Don't bother calling me that, lol...you have no idea.

No need to get personal. I don't look like a bald Kat Williams.

Wait What? LMAO anyways you are right about everything. I act 13 and look like a bald Kat Williams and you are also right Darius Morris will never improve the kid just plain sucks.

#123 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Slightly improving? I'd say that's a bit of an understatement.

He is shooting well from beyond the arc, and he can defend. The way he is playing now, he should easily grab the back-up pg spot.

I was talking about Marcus Morris.

But yeah, sarcasm. Highlight my post.

#124 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted November 23, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Nash out for awhile. Counting on Morris! please please do well!!!!

#125 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 23, 2012 - 02:20 PM

He has improved thats forsure.

#126 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 23, 2012 - 02:25 PM

and so many people doubted him smh

#127 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 23, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Still not good enough to take the backup spot from Blake though

#128 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,019 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:29 PM

and so many people doubted him smh

They didn't doubt him for no reason. Drop it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#129 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:40 PM

They didn't doubt him for no reason. Drop it.

I hate people who think they know something about basketball ,but no nothing and bash players for no reason

#130 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,019 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:48 PM

I hate people who think they know something about basketball ,but no nothing and bash players for no reason

They didn't bash Morris for no reason.

Every reason they gave when it came to his overdribbling was true, saying he didn't play like he was ready in his rookie season and looked unprepared and like a deer in the headlights was true, saying he was not a viable backup over Blake in his rookie season was true, saying his jumpshot was shaky in his rookie season was true. The criticisms about him in his rookie year was true.

He WAS NOT the same player he is this year that he was in his rookie year.

Saying that his overdribbling is still a problem at times is true, saying that he plays better when Kobe(his mentor) is out there with him is also good. Saying he needs to slow his game down to be effective is true.

All criticisms about him have been true, and you're the only guy on here that thinks he'd have been the same player last year that he is this year, he wouldn't have been, so you need to let go of that fantasy.

Has he improved over last year? Yes he has, by a lot.

Are some of his problems of last year still evident? Yes some of them.

People that brought up Morris' flaws had good reason because they were there, it wasn't like they didn't exist.

So when you say people only bashed Morris for no reason it's untrue.

Some people ACTUALLY brought valid points and argument. And in all honesty your hate on Blake when he gave more evidence last year that he was the better backup than Morris is almost as bad as the 'hate' you claim Morris got "for no reason".

There's NOTHING wrong with being a huge fan of Morris AND pointing out the flaws he needs to work on.

Being a fan like yourself that will blindly state that he was the same player last year and was ready to be backup(or even start as u said before as well) is just being a blind fan.

I'm as big a fan of Morris as anyone on this site but I'll ALWAYS point out when he's struggling or the flaws I see because I want to see him become a better player, not a part of an entourage that tells him he's the greatest player since sliced bread while he doesn't work on anything.

Even Kobe has pointed out where Morris needs work and they sit next to each other on the plane so he can explain it to him and work on those things with him.

If Morris was surrounded by people like you he'd never improve his game because you wouldn't have the ability to tell him what he's doing wrong without feeling like you betrayed him in some way.

Luckily he's surrounded by people like Bernie and Kobe and Nash that ARE going to tell him what he's doing wrong so that he CAN become a better player.

It's much better to be a fan that isn't afraid to criticize their favorite player when they struggle and say what they need to work on than a fan that will blindly state their greatness during those moments instead.

#131 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:52 PM

bro, you want me to link you to RD's post again?

#132 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,019 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:46 AM

Posted Image

#133 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:40 AM

Can Morris dunk?? :laughing: Seriously though, I think if Morris realxes, he will be awsome

#134 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Truth be told, you haven't said a damn thing since registration that has impressed me, just providing excuses for all of your flip-flopping and getting owned with your Gerald Green predictions, and now claiming that people had no reason to say a bad thing about a PG that is STILL a backup (at best) and is playing more like a two-guard anyway.

You must hate yourself. Continue talking about it, and you're history. It was funny for the first few times, because we all didn't think you were actually serious in saying that you know more basketball than some of us...but now, it's getting annoying.

#135 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:26 PM

Truth be told, you haven't said a damn thing since registration that has impressed me, just providing excuses for all of your flip-flopping and getting owned with your Gerald Green predictions, and now claiming that people had no reason to say a bad thing about a PG that is STILL a backup (at best) and is playing more like a two-guard anyway.

You must hate yourself. Continue talking about it, and you're history. It was funny for the first few times, because we all didn't think you were actually serious in saying that you know more basketball than some of us...but now, it's getting annoying.

That's fine with me

#136 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:54 AM

Morris is playing better and better

He might be the backup PG once everyone is healthy, he is a defensive upgrade over all the other PGs on the roster...

#137 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 27, 2012 - 04:39 PM

Morris is playing better and better

He might be the backup PG once everyone is healthy, he is a defensive upgrade over all the other PGs on the roster...

He is a much better man on man defender but he tends to float and get burned at the three D'antoni or even Metta needs to tell him to stick to his man and quit roaming looking to cheat or get a steal.

#138 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 27, 2012 - 04:44 PM

He is a much better man on man defender but he tends to float and get burned at the three D'antoni or even Metta needs to tell him to stick to his man and quit roaming looking to cheat or get a steal.

Every game I see him do this, no idea why he feels the need to stray away from his man at the 3pt line. Hopefully he can clean that up.

• 40,548 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Got tapped a few times tonight. Tough luck.

yo.

#140 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,019 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Can Morris dunk?? :laughing:

yes

http://www.trbimg.co...74-20121228/600

Good defense on DL tonight. let's hope he keeps it up so it saves Nash's legs.

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users