#101 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:47 AM

His garbage game last night.

Whats up with your school girl crush on him?

So what about his other good games and his defense he finally gives us at the PG position?? or do you just overlook everything good he does just to try to point out all the negatives if anything you should be happy that he is improving and hopefully he can Flourish under Mike I don't understand your blind hate for a player that is improving and do you even mention players that could improve our team? or do you just bash Morris and say nothing insightful

#102 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:56 AM

So what about his other good games and his defense he finally gives us at the PG position?? or do you just overlook everything good he does just to try to point out all the negatives if anything you should be happy that he is improving and hopefully he can Flourish under Mike I don't understand your blind hate for a player that is improving and do you even mention players that could improve our team? or do you just bash Morris and say nothing insightful

I give him credit where credit is due. He just usually doesn't have many games when he plays well.You can check the game threads and my posts.

#103 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 12:38 PM

I give him credit where credit is due. He just usually doesn't have many games when he plays well.You can check the game threads and my posts.

This is the first time in his career he's getting 20+ minutes and he's not turning over the ball and he's playing great defense.... for one night he had a bad shooting night and you disregard everything positive that's so dumb he's already doing better then steve blake and he hasn't even came close to reaching his full potential

#104 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,982 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:53 PM

I wouldn't say he's playing great defense. He can at least keep up with his guy, but he's not disciplined and makes poor decisions on D. He also can't finish well at the rim, which makes his overall FG% a low 34%.

He has a long way to go to be a good player, but it doesn't take much to be better than Blake.

Posted Image

#105 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 04:29 PM

This is the first time in his career he's getting 20+ minutes and he's not turning over the ball and he's playing great defense.... for one night he had a bad shooting night and you disregard everything positive that's so dumb he's already doing better then steve blake and he hasn't even came close to reaching his full potential

Parker: 19/4/7

I wouldn't call it great defense. He played decent defense.

#106 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,748 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 16, 2012 - 02:04 AM

Parker: 19/4/7

I wouldn't call it great defense. He played decent defense.

What were Parker's numbers when Morris was defending him as I think Duhon was on Parker more of the game than Morris was :P

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#107 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 10:21 AM

What were Parker's numbers when Morris was defending him as I think Duhon was on Parker more of the game than Morris was :P

Don't know....don't have the stats for that. Probably not great.

#108 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Don't know....don't have the stats for that. Probably not great.

Please shut up your blind hate for a player is annoying AF

#109 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 16, 2012 - 10:58 AM

It was okay defense, because he was able to stay in front of Tony Parker. That's not standout defense...let's not confuse the two. Younger players are able to do that.

As Dwight heals, and we apply a legitimate defensive system, you're going to see PG's struggle against us (at least a bit more than they usually have). Jameer Nelson's defensive numbers were at career highs back in 2009 (when Orlando went to the Finals), and there's no way that was on him. No chance. Guards were shooting, rather than slashing and meeting Dwight at the rim...and when your player is forced to shoot, he's easier to defend.

Last year, Parker P&R'ed us to death. Easy to do when Andrew Bynum is stepping out...and when he didn't step out, Parker was wide open. That was our biggest problem with Shaq.

Like Nash and Blake, Morris will appear to be a good defender, as Dwight gets in better shape each and every game. Don't let it fool you. All three are bad on defense...Nash is the worst, and I'll say that Morris is right there with Blake because of his quickness, while Blake is still in the discussion with him because he's got a higher basketball IQ (more experience).

All three would be toast against a Rondo or Rose, if Dwight wasn't in the game.

#110 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 11:52 AM

It was okay defense, because he was able to stay in front of Tony Parker. That's not standout defense...let's not confuse the two. Younger players are able to do that.

As Dwight heals, and we apply a legitimate defensive system, you're going to see PG's struggle against us (at least a bit more than they usually have). Jameer Nelson's defensive numbers were at career highs back in 2009 (when Orlando went to the Finals), and there's no way that was on him. No chance. Guards were shooting, rather than slashing and meeting Dwight at the rim...and when your player is forced to shoot, he's easier to defend.

Last year, Parker P&R'ed us to death. Easy to do when Andrew Bynum is stepping out...and when he didn't step out, Parker was wide open. That was our biggest problem with Shaq.

Like Nash and Blake, Morris will appear to be a good defender, as Dwight gets in better shape each and every game. Don't let it fool you. All three are bad on defense...Nash is the worst, and I'll say that Morris is right there with Blake because of his quickness, while Blake is still in the discussion with him because he's got a higher basketball IQ (more experience).

he played decent against CP3 last year but of course they would be toast by 2 top 5 point gaurds

#111 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 16, 2012 - 12:26 PM

Man get off of that. Darius Morris absolutely shut Brooks and Jack down. He did a very good job on Parker who scored the vast majority of his points on Duhon. Man I know you don't care for the kid but lets keep it real on this one. Dwight is not making Morris look good on Defense he is doing that on his own. It's a combination of his Height weight and speed as well as EFFORT. He actually tries very hard on defense and I am glad we finally have a PG that does. My only complaint with him has been his horrid finishing at the rim which he had no issue with in college and it makes me think its still nerves but he really needs to work on his Offensive game. Defensively he is the best at the 1 on the team. It is NOT debatable. Saying he is on the same level as Blake is insulting and is obviously said out of hate/bias/dislike for the guy. Hell Bernie Pulled Blakes ass out of the game Before he got injured because he kept on getting torched and Morris was doing a good job on D.

#112 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have no reason to hate a second-year player who is practically irrelevant in this league. He has done nothing to be hated on. You guys need to shut the [expletive] up, real talk.

Last season, defensive numbers suggested that Morris was the WORST ON THE TEAM, not even close to Blake, and Blake is a bad defensive player. Get that through your head. Two weeks into the season, Morris' defensive numbers are similar when defending starters, slightly higher when defending bench players (which makes sense, logically, because bench players aren't as efficient). So, yes, he's right there with Blake.

He shut Aaron Brooks down? Brooks is shooting 32% this season. EVERYONE is shutting him down, apparently.

Everyone, give a hand to Morris for shutting down Jarrett Jack for the 15 minutes that Jack was in the game, for the four shots he took. Sebastian Telfair and Jerryd Bayless must have also shut him down, in the first two games of the season, since Jack shot poorly then...and we all know how super duper awesome Telfair and Bayless are on the defensive end.

If you're congratulating him for any of that, your expectations must not be too high. Double the minutes, shooting 34% from the floor (down from 43% last year)...but wait, he's faster than Blake and Nash! He shut down Aaron Brooks!

:facepalm:

#113 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 16, 2012 - 11:56 PM

Had 6 assist today's game. Good game kid, hes seizing the moment. how can u hate on a 2 year player?

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#114 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 03:14 AM

Had 6 assist today's game. Good game kid, hes seizing the moment. how can u hate on a 2 year player?

This... I'm shocked people come down so hard on Morris who is still developing into a good player and Bledsoe took a while to blossom into the player he is

#115 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,712 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 17, 2012 - 04:47 AM

Darius your doing great against parker but for Dragic not that bad and not that good

but you've earn my respect.

You're still young keep on thriving

one day you're going to surpass steve blake :laughing:

33bkfif.jpg

#116 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 17, 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have no reason to hate a second-year player who is practically irrelevant in this league. He has done nothing to be hated on. You guys need to shut the [expletive] up, real talk.

Last season, defensive numbers suggested that Morris was the WORST ON THE TEAM, not even close to Blake, and Blake is a bad defensive player. Get that through your head. Two weeks into the season, Morris' defensive numbers are similar when defending starters, slightly higher when defending bench players (which makes sense, logically, because bench players aren't as efficient). So, yes, he's right there with Blake.

He shut Aaron Brooks down? Brooks is shooting 32% this season. EVERYONE is shutting him down, apparently.

Everyone, give a hand to Morris for shutting down Jarrett Jack for the 15 minutes that Jack was in the game, for the four shots he took. Sebastian Telfair and Jerryd Bayless must have also shut him down, in the first two games of the season, since Jack shot poorly then...and we all know how super duper awesome Telfair and Bayless are on the defensive end.

If you're congratulating him for any of that, your expectations must not be too high. Double the minutes, shooting 34% from the floor (down from 43% last year)...but wait, he's faster than Blake and Nash! He shut down Aaron Brooks!

:facepalm:

I bolded the part you need to pay attention to. LAST SEASON where he played 19 games and virtually no meaningful minutes way to judge a poor sample size. I'm proud of you man and the whole shut the [expletive] up thing..... Knee Grow Please lets not be internet tough guys. If your opinion is different than mine or anyone else's cool beans but the whole telephone/internet tough guy bit was played out in 1996.... just sayin.

Edited by viktorkain, November 17, 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#117 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,999 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 17, 2012 - 03:19 PM

Knee Grow Please

Pretty sure Real isn't a Negro

:laughing:
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#118 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 03:20 PM

I bolded the part you need to pay attention to. LAST SEASON where he played 19 games and virtually no meaningful minutes way to judge a poor sample size. I'm proud of you man and the whole shut the [expletive] up thing..... Knee Grow Please lets not be internet tough guys. If your opinion is different than mine or anyone else's cool beans but the whole telephone/internet tough guy bit was played out in 1996.... just sayin.

I agree you can't judge somebody stats and percentages based off of 19 games of limited 1 minute games.... the number would be massively skewed

#119 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:57 PM

Knee grow? You're in your 30's, but act 13?

Internet tough guys are those that are skinny, frail, nerdy, and would be afraid to say what they feel in real life. Don't bother calling me that, lol...you have no idea.

No need to get personal. I don't look like a bald Kat Williams.

#120 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Morris is slightly improving.

Hate to say that, because he's playing our Lakers right now...but it seems like Marcus Morris has been working pretty hard on his game.

Joking, by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users