166 replies to this topic

#61 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:38 PM

That has to be the most ignorant thing I've read

LMAO how about you actually try to defend what your boy did??

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#62 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Some of those passes were bricks that were easy shots
Posted Image

#63 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,656 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 07, 2012 - 09:58 PM

#64 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:12 AM

I know its just preseason but

6 minutes 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Nothing

Let me ask you a question and let us both be completely unbiased. Who was he on the court with? Did they at any time at all attempt to move without the ball or cut to the basket? Did he drop three dimes which were bricked and lets not talk about that nelson lay up. Again I ask you who did he play with? Was anyone on the court that can actually help a PG by doing what he is supposed to do off the ball? He did not overdribble the ball and if you insist in saying well he passes around the top of the key a lot, I will insist on saying that is what his COACH wants him to do. Unlike steve Nash mike brown has Blake,Duhon and Morris running set plays if you did not notice none of them have the green light. I also am not sure if Mike notices that his set plays are pretty much stagnant and suck badly. Lets note what he did do, He penetrated the lane and easily when he wanted to and got open looks for his team mates who did not convert. He did not over dribble the basketball and looked a bit more comfortable and in control. Saying he is a second year player while a fact is a serious joke given the status of last year and the time he got on court, I believe this year will be much better. Facts he was on the court with the absolute worst group Mike Brown put out there, He looked much better than Duhon (which is not saying much), He was the best defender at the 1 all night including Blake and Duhon, Goudelock just dosent try on D. Long story short I do not know if the kid dissed you personally or what but some of you are way out of hand on judging him dude was on the court with Symogi and Nelson as scoring options lets be real. Kid just needs time I will get back to you at the beginning of the playoffs.

#65 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Let me ask you a question and let us both be completely unbiased. Who was he on the court with? Did they at any time at all attempt to move without the ball or cut to the basket? Did he drop three dimes which were bricked and lets not talk about that nelson lay up. Again I ask you who did he play with? Was anyone on the court that can actually help a PG by doing what he is supposed to do off the ball? He did not overdribble the ball and if you insist in saying well he passes around the top of the key a lot, I will insist on saying that is what his COACH wants him to do. Unlike steve Nash mike brown has Blake,Duhon and Morris running set plays if you did not notice none of them have the green light. I also am not sure if Mike notices that his set plays are pretty much stagnant and suck badly. Lets note what he did do, He penetrated the lane and easily when he wanted to and got open looks for his team mates who did not convert. He did not over dribble the basketball and looked a bit more comfortable and in control. Saying he is a second year player while a fact is a serious joke given the status of last year and the time he got on court, I believe this year will be much better. Facts he was on the court with the absolute worst group Mike Brown put out there, He looked much better than Duhon (which is not saying much), He was the best defender at the 1 all night including Blake and Duhon, Goudelock just dosent try on D. Long story short I do not know if the kid dissed you personally or what but some of you are way out of hand on judging him dude was on the court with Symogi and Nelson as scoring options lets be real. Kid just needs time I will get back to you at the beginning of the playoffs.

THIS

#66 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:16 AM

Nash made Sacre look good.

If your a good pg you make everyone else around you look better.

#67 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Nash made Sacre look good.

If your a good pg you make everyone else around you look better.

No Nash,Kobe,Pau and Metta made Sacre look good. You could look good on the court with the amount of attention those guys draw I am sure you noticed how Sacre was wide open because of double teams elsewhere. Nash also has a reputation,if he moves to the paint its an automatic double. Also the exact opposite side of your statement "If your a good pg you make everyone else around you look better." if you are a horrible player you make your pg look worse than they actually are, Insert Symogi and Nelson.

#68 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:34 AM

No Nash,Kobe,Pau and Metta made Sacre look good. You could look good on the court with the amount of attention those guys draw I am sure you noticed how Sacre was wide open because of double teams elsewhere. Nash also has a reputation,if he moves to the paint its an automatic double. Also the exact opposite side of your statement "If your a good pg you make everyone else around you look better." if you are a horrible player you make your pg look worse than they actually are, Insert Symogi and Nelson.

I don't think Lakeshow805 has any common sense when it comes to basketball

#69 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I don't think Lakeshow805 has any common sense when it comes to basketball

coming from the dumbass who thinks morris is ready to be a backup pg :glasses:

#70 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:55 AM

coming from the dumbass who thinks morris is ready to be a backup pg :glasses:

I agree with you there (Not the dumbass part) but Morris is not ready to be the sole back up on this team, I suggest we keep Blake seeing as he is better than Duhon but Morris should get all of the third string minutes.

#71 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:47 AM

All of this discussion about not liking the kid is pretty pointless it seems the Front Office is very high on the kid that set the U of M single season assist record and still feels that he was a steal. His contract is guaranteed and he even has a No Trade clause in his contract. Like him or not Mitch and Mike do so he stays and develops here. I actually like this move by Mitch seeing as Kobe and Pau only have two years left on their contracts he does have to plan for the future you know.

#72 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:41 PM

I agree with you there (Not the dumbass part) but Morris is not ready to be the sole back up on this team, I suggest we keep Blake seeing as he is better than Duhon [b[b]]but Morris should get all of the third string minutes.[/b]

i can agree with this

#73 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:42 PM

You can point to 100 different people but when is he gonna show that he's worth a roster spot? Last year he got significant minutes when Blake was out and he did nothing. Summer league he had that one game where he went 12 for 12 or something other than that showed no improvement. Then in preseason against the Warrior backups...mind you these are the type of players he'll be going up against if he were to get regular season minutes, he goes 0/0/0 in 6 minutes. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt when he has given no production whatsoever?

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, Morris has great size for a PG. He should look at what happened to Toney Allen who came into the league as a PG and transformed himself into a PG/SG elite defender. Both of them's jumper is atrocious, handles and scoring ability are not up to par. Morris has decent footspeed and good size he should just re-do his game and try to be a hustle/defender type player because NBA PG aint looking like a good job description for him right now

Edited by MDI, October 08, 2012 - 12:44 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#74 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:06 PM

You can point to 100 different people but when is he gonna show that he's worth a roster spot? Last year he got significant minutes when Blake was out and he did nothing. Summer league he had that one game where he went 12 for 12 or something other than that showed no improvement. Then in preseason against the Warrior backups...mind you these are the type of players he'll be going up against if he were to get regular season minutes, he goes 0/0/0 in 6 minutes. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt when he has given no production whatsoever?

I posted this a couple of weeks ago, Morris has great size for a PG. He should look at what happened to Toney Allen who came into the league as a PG and transformed himself into a PG/SG elite defender. Both of them's jumper is atrocious, handles and scoring ability are not up to par. Morris has decent footspeed and good size he should just re-do his game and try to be a hustle/defender type player because NBA PG aint looking like a good job description for him right now

He played 19 games for a total of 169 minutes in what world is this significant? Even compared to the other rook Goudelock got 419 minutes and even that is insignificant. As for the summer league his last two games were o.k One showed flashes of what will be in time the other was a bad shooting performance but an all around good game. I think he had 8 rebounds and 9 assists to go along with 11 points in their win over the Clippers cannot remember. His stat line for that 6 minutes could possibly be attributed to all of his passes which should have been assists being bricks. Lastly you do not have to give him the benefit of the doubt he will either do well or he wont but given his performance in college and watching him when he plays well (Summer league spurs game) I know what Mitch is thinking and I am once again glad that he is the Lakers GM and alot of the fans are not. I really hope once the kid does well which is bound to happen all of these naysayers don't become bandwagon fans.

#75 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:41 PM

He played 19 games for a total of 169 minutes in what world is this significant? Even compared to the other rook Goudelock got 419 minutes and even that is insignificant. As for the summer league his last two games were o.k One showed flashes of what will be in time the other was a bad shooting performance but an all around good game. I think he had 8 rebounds and 9 assists to go along with 11 points in their win over the Clippers cannot remember. His stat line for that 6 minutes could possibly be attributed to all of his passes which should have been assists being bricks. Lastly you do not have to give him the benefit of the doubt he will either do well or he wont but given his performance in college and watching him when he plays well (Summer league spurs game) I know what Mitch is thinking and I am once again glad that he is the Lakers GM and alot of the fans are not. I really hope once the kid does well which is bound to happen all of these naysayers don't become bandwagon fans.

I would love to be wrong because that means he's helping our team. But the fact is right now he can't shoot, he can't score for himself, can't distribute turns the ball over too much

Morris got his shot in January and he stunk, thats why Brown went to Goudelock after Morris was so ineffective and G-lock produced before he got stupidly benched by Brown for his pet student Steve Blake

Heres how Glock did in January

5 points 44% FG 44% 3s attempting nearly 2 3balls a game in 12 minutes a game
End of Jan/beginning of Feb Glock scored in double figures 4 out of 5 games in one stretch. Can Morris say the same thing? He had his shot when Blake was gone and he squandered it...badly....multiple times.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#76 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:17 PM

I would love to be wrong because that means he's helping our team. But the fact is right now he can't shoot, he can't score for himself, can't distribute turns the ball over too much

Morris got his shot in January and he stunk, thats why Brown went to Goudelock after Morris was so ineffective and G-lock produced before he got stupidly benched by Brown for his pet student Steve Blake

Heres how Glock did in January

5 points 44% FG 44% 3s attempting nearly 2 3balls a game in 12 minutes a game
End of Jan/beginning of Feb Glock scored in double figures 4 out of 5 games in one stretch. Can Morris say the same thing? He had his shot when Blake was gone and he squandered it...badly....multiple times.

Goudelock saw the floor because he can shoot thats it. there is no other great mystery behind it, the kid can shoot that is what he was known for. Morris is a PG and they Tried to run Goudelock at the 1. lets do a PG comparison. Morris played 169 minutes and had 21 assists while goudelock who also played the 1 and had 419 minutes had only 20. Goudelock had fewer turnovers considering his minutes but that is largely due to the fact that he was not dribbling or facilitating he was firing off shots. Did you watch Morris at all in college or hear what the coaching staff has to say about him? Someone suggested the Lakers should go after Brandon Jennings but Morris the scrub schooled Jennings this summer, I just find that interesting. Goud did play better during the season than Morris but he had a much larger opportunity to do so however in the summer league without Kobe and Gasol drawing so much attention roles were reversed. Now people will bring up that summer league competition is inferior to NBA level comp. Then I ask shouldnt Goudelock have done much better than Morris by that logic?

#77 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:32 PM

Goudelock saw the floor because he can shoot thats it. there is no other great mystery behind it, the kid can shoot that is what he was known for. Morris is a PG and they Tried to run Goudelock at the 1. lets do a PG comparison. Morris played 169 minutes and had 21 assists while goudelock who also played the 1 and had 419 minutes had only 20. Goudelock had fewer turnovers considering his minutes but that is largely due to the fact that he was not dribbling or facilitating he was firing off shots. Did you watch Morris at all in college or hear what the coaching staff has to say about him? Someone suggested the Lakers should go after Brandon Jennings but Morris the scrub schooled Jennings this summer, I just find that interesting. Goud did play better during the season than Morris but he had a much larger opportunity to do so however in the summer league without Kobe and Gasol drawing so much attention roles were reversed. Now people will bring up that summer league competition is inferior to NBA level comp. Then I ask shouldnt Goudelock have done much better than Morris by that logic?

What does this team need? 3 point shooting. We were dead last in that category most of the year and if you can shoot you get a spot on this team thats how it goes

Ok Morris had more "Assists" than Goudelock cool but Morris also had 19 turnovers while Glock had only 21 despite playing 100s of minutes more than him, whos fault is that? whats the point of gathering up 1 or 2 assists a game if you're gonna turn it over just as many times and give only 2 points a game or less?

What the hell are you talking about in regard to Jennings and Morris?

Edited by MDI, October 08, 2012 - 04:32 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#78 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:38 PM

What does this team need? 3 point shooting. We were dead last in that category most of the year and if you can shoot you get a spot on this team thats how it goes

Ok Morris had more "Assists" than Goudelock cool but Morris also had 19 turnovers while Glock had only 21 despite playing 100s of minutes more than him, whos fault is that? whats the point of gathering up 1 or 2 assists a game if you're gonna turn it over just as many times and give only 2 points a game or less?

What the hell are you talking about in regard to Jennings and Morris?

Glock had less TO's Because he did nothing but shoot, You could give a blind monkey a basketball and tell it "Shoot every time you touch the ball." and guess what, It will have minimal turn overs. As Far as the Jennings and Morris thing look it up, They played one on one at the facility in El Segundo and Jennings had a very rough time of it.

#79 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Glock had less TO's Because he did nothing but shoot, You could give a blind monkey a basketball and tell it "Shoot every time you touch the ball." and guess what, It will have minimal turn overs. As Far as the Jennings and Morris thing look it up, They played one on one at the facility in El Segundo and Jennings had a very rough time of it.

so why couldn't Morris do what the team needed (shooting) and do what even a blind monkey can do to earn more minutes?

Who the eff cares about Jennings and Morris in a pickup game, Ive seen with my own two eyes Austin Daye of the Pistons completely destroy Tyreke Evans in a pickup game here in LA, its a pickup game its not a serious NBA game, nobody cares about that

Edited by MDI, October 08, 2012 - 04:42 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#80 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:00 PM

so why couldn't Morris do what the team needed (shooting) and do what even a blind monkey can do to earn more minutes?

Who the eff cares about Jennings and Morris in a pickup game, Ive seen with my own two eyes Austin Daye of the Pistons completely destroy Tyreke Evans in a pickup game here in LA, its a pickup game its not a serious NBA game, nobody cares about that

The blind monkey thing was in reference to the turn overs but I digress. Also they care about the pick up games as no one likes to lose.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users