Photo

The List: When Kobe scores 40+ with Lakers Win % (Full Stats Updates)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 06, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Well its pretty tough to take a quality shot when tour teammates pas the ball to you when theres 2 sec left on the clock , which is what we saw in the beginning of the season
Posted Image

#22 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2012 - 02:46 PM

The fact is players who score 40 or more will have a great winning percentage. That doesn't change.

Aww...well that's all you had to say, then.

Monta Ellis is 3-6 when scoring 40+ in a game, by the way.

I have also stated kobe needs to take quality shots not quantity. He is getting and shooting better % shots and that is the key. He has gone off the reservation at times but not overly so. (not chucking as much and looking to work it inside more)

Getting and shooting better percentage shots? His FG% is down a bit, from when you were crying about it.

Taking the same amount of shots, shooting 1-2% worse...and still taking highly-difficult shots. Drew getting less attempts. Not really sure what you're saying...nothing has changed with Bryant. Pretty evident watching the games.

Hope you're done. I'm just in cruise control.

#23 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Well its pretty tough to take a quality shot when tour teammates pas the ball to you when theres 2 sec left on the clock , which is what we saw in the beginning of the season

Yes we saw that and too much dribbling during the shot clock. Both have improved lately.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#24 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Aww...well that's all you had to say, then.

Monta Ellis is 3-6 when scoring 40+ in a game, by the way.

Getting and shooting better percentage shots? His FG% is down a bit, from when you were crying about it.

Taking the same amount of shots, shooting 1-2% worse...and still taking highly-difficult shots. Drew getting less attempts. Not really sure what you're saying...nothing has changed with Bryant. Pretty evident watching the games.

Hope you're done. I'm just in cruise control.

Wow keep goin lol. Find more players that are exceptions to the rule. You ever hear about exceptions to the rule. Doesnt negate statement.

He is getting much better shots in the key and not doubled as much. I think you have some amnesia setting in about earlier in the season.

Have a job to do but keep up your research on those players.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 06, 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wow keep goin lol. Find more players that are exceptions to the rule. You ever hear about exceptions to the rule. Doesnt negate statement.

He is getting much better shots in the key and not doubled as much. I think you have some amnesia setting in about earlier in the season.

Have a job to do but keep up your research on those players.

Using Monta Ellis was just me providing you with a player who is an excellent scorer NOT finding success dropping 40. You can give me your "70% statistic" all you want, but it's not going to hold up in any comparison because it involves every player since 1986 (or wherever the stats were pulled from, I believe the record is 1220-535), in different eras, different situations, etc.

My comment was strictly based on yours about the two talented seven-footers. I gave you Kobe's record scoring 40 without them (Drew was irrelevant back then, no Gasol), and you found a way to ignore it.

Not doubled as much? Teams aren't playing Kobe any different.

Better shots in the key? He had three shots in the paint against the Heat, and almost every single shot he took was contested, with Wade or Battier in his face. You know that, though, huh?

No amnesia here. Everything that I predicted is happening, and I can recall all of it from December 25th on.

Enjoy your job. A lot of us have one, also...but thanks for telling us.

#26 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted March 17, 2012 - 02:49 AM

looking at this Kobe has scored 40+ points against every team in the NBA including both Oklahoma thunder and Seattle Sonics :censored::rock:

Wrong Sir, He didn't score 40+ against the Vancouver Grizzlies (although they are the same as Memphis Grizzlies) in his rookie season. Just thought I would say.

Edited by Base, March 17, 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#27 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 03:20 AM

Wrong Sir, He didn't score 40+ against the Vancouver Grizzlies (although they are the same as Memphis Grizzlies) in his rookie season. Just thought I would say.

Grizzlies are Grizzlies :glasses:
Posted Image

#28 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 17, 2012 - 03:58 AM

This is when people use stats from their butt and not think with their head.

ANY PLAYER WHO SCORES 40 POINTS THAT TEAM WILL WIN AT LEAST 70% OF THE TIME ESPECIALLY WITH A TEAM THAT HAS TWO TALENTED 7 FOOTERS.

All this from this single little post with such little substance?

The guy is not big on stats, and then YELLS something in caps that is only semi-possible to understand at best... and never once subsequently tries to back it up

i find that the winning percentage is lower then i would have expected.
the playoffs atr impressive. very impressive, the numbers show he gets better when it matters and wins more... and so does what we see

#29 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Don't forget to update!

#30 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 373 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Updated!

#31 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:17 PM

This game reminds me when Kobe had a dismal shooting night vs the Kings only to come back the next game... back in 03-04 I think. God damn it Kobe, 8 years later and still doin work :cry:

Edited by Jackson, April 01, 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#32 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 02, 2012 - 12:10 PM

You're wrong brah, Kobe's wayyyy too old, not even top 10 player in the NBA anymore :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK friend I'm callin' you out, name "YOUR" top ten!

#33 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 02, 2012 - 12:16 PM

No, but you're going to have members telling you to shut up, because you're clearly pissed off that Drew is STILL not as important to this team as Bryant. This has been your M.O. since you were on your other name. Everyone knows.

Response to your post? A great player scoring 40 will win games the majority of the time, period. Pre-Gasol AND post-Shaq (2004-2007)...Kobe was 29-17 when scoring 40+ points, and that was with Odom, Smush, Kwame, Walton, and a horrible cast. So much for your statement.

Kobe gets big big ups for even playin with Smush, a sad time to be a Laker fan sad indeed! Drew who I have defended in the past needs to get a grip, "I don't get into huddles" BS w/o K24 you'd be traded to the Bobcats, ya better shape up that attitude is a losing one!!

#34 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 373 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted May 08, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Quiet update.

#35 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Playoffs:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have an 10-2 winning playoff record good for 91% win rate in the playoffs.

-- Kobe has made 186/347 shots good for a .536 FG% in the Playoffs.

Well that is a nice winning playoff record, Kobe needs to go for 40+ to win 3 in a row vs the Thunder thats for sure

Posted Image

#36 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,315 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 21, 2012 - 10:14 AM

OK friend I'm callin' you out, name "YOUR" top ten!

Posted Image

#37 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Kobe not a top 10? Even ESPN has him in the top ten lol
Posted Image

#38 Makaveli