• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#81 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 05:37 AM

I have a bron jersey. Loved him up until about 2010 lol

He's a awesome talent. A scary talent. Guy was made in a laboratory not a womb. Dude does things no player in NBA history could do athletically

But he's mentally childish and soft. That can change. Kobe only became more vindictive after the rape trial.

Lebron has faced one piece of adversity in his life in his lack of father and he never faced any in his basketball career until last season

He'll grow and improve
Posted Image

#82 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 15, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Kobe was a killer since he airballed the GWs as a rook.

Bron, being prematurely crowned,was given excusesevery year.

Even for his choke, people start talking about his lack of father, etc
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#83 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2012 - 01:48 PM

Kobe is right there, just need more convincing wins like vs Dal, MIA and ORL this upcoming week to make him the very best.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#84 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,462 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Kobe is right there, just need more convincing wins like vs Dal, MIA and ORL this upcoming week to make him the very best.

Actual big games this week, unlike the fake big games we have lost (portland, clippers). I expect to win 2 out of 3.

#85 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hoping for 60 against the mavs
Posted Image

#86 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 15, 2012 - 03:55 PM

In 3 quarters :P

#87 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 15, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hoping for 60 against the mavs

I want that so bad too

But as for Lebron I never liked him since he was a rookie he just happened to be one of those players I randomly disliked and always figured he was somewhat overratted, the whole Heat thing didn't make me hate him more I was actually hoping he'd embrace the bad guy role and literally say [expletive] you to everyone and go off. If he wasn't such a [expletive] constantly seeking acceptance I'd be a fan of his but he's a mentally soft [expletive] imo.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, January 15, 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#88 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 29, 2012 - 04:10 PM

currently 30ppg leading the league on 46% w 6 rebounds, and 6 assists

and he's only shooting that low because he's taken so many 3s, which he's not really converting on yet

kobe and monta ellis are the only shooting guards currently in the top 20 in assists

amazing stuff for his age, his injuries, and what he's working with this year

Posted Image

#89 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 29, 2012 - 06:43 PM

Kobe > LeBron.
htCCl0m.png

#90 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 06:53 PM

kobe is a wonder at his age but he's not the best. the best is located at south beach. yes he chokes but like him or not the game comes too easy for him. the game used to come this easy for kobe before the clock in his body kept ticking.

the truth is athleticism means something when discussing best player. you can just do more on the floor. i'd still take kobe in the last 4 minutes but lebron is a masterpiece of athleticism and basketball talent
Posted Image

#91 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Lol. Missed FTs mean too much too me. Kobe's came easy. Bron is a beast. As is Howard. But Kobe is the best. Focused on boarding a grabbed a ton. Points out the ying yang, second of a back to back, after logging huge minutes on young athletic defenders most of the night.
Bron vs Demg today.... Oh yea, Deng wasn't there.
Rose was the unstoppable force inthat game
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#92 kingulee

kingulee

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fan Since:f0REVER
  • Fav. Laker:kb24~*

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:06 PM

kobe is a wonder at his age but he's not the best. the best is located at south beach. yes he chokes but like him or not the game comes too easy for him. the game used to come this easy for kobe before the clock in his body kept ticking.

the truth is athleticism means something when discussing best player. you can just do more on the floor. i'd still take kobe in the last 4 minutes but lebron is a masterpiece of athleticism and basketball talent

You've been praising Lebron on all your comments. Fact that Kobe is STILL the best player in today's NBA, even with him battling injuries this season with his age.

#93 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:12 PM

You've been praising Lebron on all your comments. Fact that Kobe is STILL the best player in today's NBA, even with him battling injuries this season with his age.

i praise lebron because he's good. unlike most on this board i'm not blinded by homerism or hate when it comes to bron. i could ask real deal to come in here and put on a display of why lebron is a freak but i'll just save him the time

lebron is the best right now. just move on from it. kobe had his time but that time has passed. for kobe to have a great game his jumper has to be falling. for lebron to have a great game he essentially has to step on the floor. yes he has bad games, yes he's come up short, but they all do.

kobe had a horrific 2008 NBA finals. even his 2010 finals were sub par efforts by his standard. and who made the clutch shots? fisher and artest

can't keep blinders on. kobe was the best player on the planet from 2003-2009. 2010 lebron took it and has kept it.
Posted Image

#94 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:18 PM

Lol.

#95 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hes a little bit behind Durant and Lebron. Tean record kills his case. But he has an outside chance at the mvp award

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#96 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hes a little bit behind Durant and Lebron. Tean record kills his case. But he has an outside chance at the mvp award

i don't think lebron or durant deserve it at all. durant has harden and westbrook playing out of their minds and then lebron had that small stretch where he carried the heat but still for the rest of the season he has wade and bosh. kobe and shaq rule dictates he shouldn't be considered
Posted Image

#97 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:57 PM

i praise lebron because he's good. unlike most on this board i'm not blinded by homerism or hate when it comes to bron. i could ask real deal to come in here and put on a display of why lebron is a freak but i'll just save him the time

lebron is the best right now. just move on from it. kobe had his time but that time has passed. for kobe to have a great game his jumper has to be falling. for lebron to have a great game he essentially has to step on the floor. yes he has bad games, yes he's come up short, but they all do.

kobe had a horrific 2008 NBA finals. even his 2010 finals were sub par efforts by his standard. and who made the clutch shots? fisher and artest

can't keep blinders on. kobe was the best player on the planet from 2003-2009. 2010 lebron took it and has kept it.

There is a flaw in your argument. Kobe has to face double-triple team on a daily basis and still manages to score 30 points a game . Lebron faces one on one man coverage.

#98 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:59 PM

There is a flaw in your argument. Kobe has to face double-triple team on a daily basis and still manages to score 30 points a game . Lebron faces one on one man coverage.

first of all when in the hell does lebron face one on one coverage lol. in what world does lebron get singled

secondly lebron put up 30+ on bad teams to with no wade or bosh so the argument is flawed
Posted Image

#99 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 29, 2012 - 08:01 PM

The difference between Kobe in 2008 and LeBron in the 2011 Finals is Kobe didn't quit. LeBron was so passive in last year's Finals. All he did was stay on the perimeter and give the ball to Wade or Bosh. It's all a matter of opinion, but I'll take Kobe's superior will, passion, closing ability, and skill level over LeBron's flashy stats any day of the week.
htCCl0m.png

#100 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 08:08 PM

The difference between Kobe in 2008 and LeBron in the 2011 Finals is Kobe didn't quit. LeBron was so passive in last year's Finals. All he did was stay on the perimeter and give the ball to Wade or Bosh. It's all a matter of opinion, but I'll take Kobe's superior will, passion, closing ability, and skill level over LeBron's flashy stats any day of the week.

arguing kobe vs. lebron is one thing. but lebron never quit. he didn't play well, but he never quit. yes kobe has a superior will, passion, closing, and skill level, but lebron can do more right now.

kobe has to use pump fakes, and various numbers of screens, and other nuiances to get free. at the end of the day the best player on the planet needs the game to come easy. the game does not come easy for kobe like it used to. he has to work for every point more and more every year.

i can guarantee that at year 16 lebron isn't doing what kobe is doing now. but thats not the argument. the argument is who is better in 2012 and the answer is lebron
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users