Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2012 - 08:32 AM

lol @ USC being ahead of Bama. :hysterical:

Edited by Windu, January 11, 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 08:33 AM

USC is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high
Florida St is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high
Oklahoma is too high
Georgia is too high
Notre Dame is too high

basically, that list sucks

Edited by Windu, January 11, 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 11, 2012 - 09:33 AM

Like I already told you, USC > Bama

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,938 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Bama is about to lose a lot of players on the defensive side of the ball. Offense will be decent with the return of Richardson.

Meanwhile SC, returns its entire back seven. We lose two key starters in Kalil (OT) and Perry (DE), but have more than enough to easily reload there.

As for the offense that was the best in College Football at the end of the season, we are loaded. One of top QB's in Barkley, the best receiving duo in Woods and Lee (add in RS freshman Victor Blackwell and incoming freshman Darreus Rogers), Curtis McNeal, George Farmer, and DJ Morgan, it is absolutely no surprise and shouldn't be to you that USC is ahead of Alabama starting off next season.

I honestly hope the season goes the way I expect so we can take on either LSU or Alabama. It's long overdue that SC finally gets a shot at an SEC team in the title game. That way a team like LSU can't decline a game like it has done 4 times since 2000.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Like I already told you, USC > Bama

lol. 'SC would be so free against Bama. no chance
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 12:48 PM

Bama is about to lose a lot of players on the defensive side of the ball. Offense will be decent with the return of Richardson.

Meanwhile SC, returns its entire back seven. We lose two key starters in Kalil (OT) and Perry (DE), but have more than enough to easily reload there.

As for the offense that was the best in College Football at the end of the season, we are loaded. One of top QB's in Barkley, the best receiving duo in Woods and Lee (add in RS freshman Victor Blackwell and incoming freshman Darreus Rogers), Curtis McNeal, George Farmer, and DJ Morgan, it is absolutely no surprise and shouldn't be to you that USC is ahead of Alabama starting off next season.

I honestly hope the season goes the way I expect so we can take on either LSU or Alabama. It's long overdue that SC finally gets a shot at an SEC team in the title game. That way a team like LSU can't decline a game like it has done 4 times since 2000.

Alabama always loses top players to the NFL draft but it doesn't matter much because of one thing: RECRUITING. The south is like a breeding ground for star football players and Alabama is like a [expletive]ing assembly line. We've had top recruiting classes for YEARS now and this year we even had the number one recruiting class. Last year, we recruited the number 1 MLB (Trey DePriest), the number 1 safety (Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix), the number 7 OLB (Brent Calloway), etc. Depriest and Clinton-Dix were 5 star recruits. four stars DEs in Pagan and Dickson...I mean the list goes on and on. This year we picked up 4 star OLBs, the number one MLB in the country (Reggie Ragland)

The constant is Nick Saban and defensive coordinator Kirby Smart. Smart could be leaving for a HC position but we'll be ok if he decides to go elsewhere.

Offensively we'll be fine as well...even if Trent decides to go pro. One of our recruits, Dee Hart, was hurt this season and he was one of the top RBs in the country coming out of high school. Brent Calloway, the OLB I mentioned above, may actually switch to RB and he's damn good at that position too. Don't forget about Eddie Lacy and Jalston Fowler...bruisers.

Our QB, AJ McCarron, should be even better next season with all of the experience he gained this season. We have four star WRs from last year's recruiting class (did you see Kenny Bell in the NCG?), 5 star WR Cyrus Jones is coming in this year.

In short, Alabama is gonna be loaded every year but it all depends on the coaching.

Speaking of coaching, Lane Kiffin won't get it done at 'SC. I'd be very shocked if he does.

There's no reason at all for 'SC to be ahead of a team like Alabama who has won the NC two out of the last three years. It takes more than talent to be worthy of a top ranking because if that was the case...then Florida St would be deserving of their top rankings every year but they never are.

'SC is not even the best team in the Pac-12 let alone being better than a national champion like Alabama. Bring Pete Carrol back and then let's talk.

I got no beef with 'SC though...they could be my third fav team.

Edited by Windu, January 11, 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,938 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Alabama always loses top players to the NFL draft but it doesn't matter much because of one thing: RECRUITING. The south is like a breeding ground for star football players and Alabama is like a [expletive]ing assembly line. We've had top recruiting classes for YEARS now and this year we even had the number one recruiting class. Last year, we recruited the number 1 MLB (Trey DePriest), the number 1 safety (Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix), the number 7 OLB (Brent Calloway), etc. Depriest and Clinton-Dix were 5 star recruits. four stars DEs in Pagan and Dickson...I mean the list goes on and on. This year we picked up 4 star OLBs, the number one MLB in the country (Reggie Ragland)

The constant is Nick Saban and defensive coordinator Kirby Smart. Smart could be leaving for a HC position but we'll be ok if he decides to go elsewhere.

Offensively we'll be fine as well...even if Trent decides to go pro. One of our recruits, Dee Hart, was hurt this season and he was one of the top RBs in the country coming out of high school. Brent Calloway, the OLB I mentioned above, may actually switch to RB and he's damn good at that position too. Don't forget about Eddie Lacy and Jalston Fowler...bruisers.

Our QB, AJ McCarron, should be even better next season with all of the experience he gained this season. We have four star WRs from last year's recruiting class (did you see Kenny Bell in the NCG?), 5 star WR Cyrus Jones is coming in this year.

In short, Alabama is gonna be loaded every year but it all depends on the coaching.

Speaking of coaching, Lane Kiffin won't get it done at 'SC. I'd be very shocked if he does.

There's no reason at all for 'SC to be ahead of a team like Alabama who has won the NC two out of the last three years. It takes more than talent to be worthy of a top ranking because if that was the case...then Florida St would be deserving of their top rankings every year but they never are.

'SC is not even the best team in the Pac-12 let alone being better than a national champion like Alabama. Bring Pete Carrol back and then let's talk.

I got no beef with 'SC though...they could be my third fav team.

Alabama is always loaded especially under Saban. But as I type this Richardson and Kirkpatrick are gone to the NFL. That hurts.

But you have to understand that what USC accomplished this year while playing for nothing. The offense hasn't looked this good since Leinart/Bush were running the show on offense and guess who was the offensive coordinator at the time? Lane Kiffin.

People give Kiffin a lot of grief because of the Raiders fiasco, but realistically, no coach has been successful there since Gruden and under Davis it was a terrible situation for any coach, much less a young one like Kiffin. Then he went to Tennessee and had an average year, then left to SC.

The funny thing about a coach like Pete Carroll is that many were against the hire at SC because of his track record in the NFL. In 2000, Pete Carroll led the Trojans to a 6-6, 5-3 in conference and a Las Vegas bowl loss to Utah. The following season? 11-2, 7-1 in conference and a Orange Bowl win vs Iowa.

Kiffin is in a worst situation than Pete was. Any coach coming in had to deal with sanctions and because of that, there wasn't much interest. Kiffin in his first season with SC, 8-5 record, 5-4 in conference. This season? 10-2, 7-2 in conference including a win on the road against the Pac-12 Champion* Oregon. He's headed on the right track for SC and has definitely won over the fan base. So to say he won't get it done is kinda irrelevant because he's got it done this past season under extreme circumstances.

Anyways back to SC being ranked ahead of Bama for next season. Bama has great talent but what it comes down to is experience. Most of the players that will on the defensive side of the ball next season will be changing roles from a few plays a game to full time duty. For inexperienced players, its always an adjustment period.

Just because teams win a national title doesn't mean they should be ranked ahead of everyone. USC was the hottest team in college football without a doubt at the end of the season. Not only is USC returning talent, they are returning experience, and returning a top defense and offense. It's very weird the way you talk about SC because you act like they are an average team that accomplished nothing this season.

There is no better team next season in the Pac-12 than USC. Oregon loses James and will still have Barner and Thomas (who is not an every down back, he is very fragile and got hurt constantly in high school running the ball every down), but their defense was crap this year and they lose 5 seniors on that side of the ball. Stanford loses Andrew Luck, that's a lot there. ASU needs a new QB and loses Burfict. UCLA is UCLA.

USC is going to be the team to beat. Plus the schedule is very favorable to USC. They have to travel to Stanford but they will have a down year, but their biggest games (Notre Dame, ASU, and Oregon) are all at home. The only hiccup that is a possibility to me is the trip up to Washington depending on the weather and the fact that Sark gets his team up for this game every season.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 03:21 PM

You hit the nail on the head in your first sentence: Alabama is always loaded especially under Saban

Considering that, we'll be just fine when Trent Richardson, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower go to the NFL. Why? Because of the reasons I listed in my previous post: LOADED talent and coaching. When players like Mark Ingram, Marcell Dareus, Rolando McClain, Kareem Jackson, Javier Arenas, Terrence Cody, Andre Smith, Julio Jones, and etc...when you can lose those players and still have the kind of success we've had then that's why you're MORE THAN optimistic about the upcoming seasons.

I'm not concerned with the RB position AT ALL.

'SC is trying to get back to the days of Pete Carroll and quite honestly...I don't believe Lane Kiffin is the guy to get you there. But, we'll see.

Alabama has superior players, superior coaching, and a superior resume than 'SC so I see no reason for 'SC to be ahead of the national champions. 'SC finished 10-2 but Alabama just won the national championship AND they have the number one recruiting class (We've had a top 3 recruiting class for AT LEAST the last 5 years). As it stands right now, we're only losing Dre (CB), Trent (RB), and Dont'a (LB) and we're doing damn well at those positions as far as who will/would play in their absences.

'SC shouldn't be ranked ahead of Bama because quite simply...they're not better than the Crimson Tide. They have an undeserved and favorable ranking going into next season...I mean come on...you lost to Arizona St.

How is it weird? I'm talking about a team that has done NOTHING since the departure of Pete. You just lost 5 games the year before, you lost 4 games the year before that. And, you think your team should be ahead of a team like Alabama??? We've just won the national championship (won 12 games), we won 10 games last season, went undefeated and won the NC the year before that, etc etc etc. So tell me, in what way is USC better than Alabama that they should be ranked higher?

Everything that USC is doing now (recruiting, winning games, etc) Alabama is doing even better. Teams like Oregon and Stanford deserve more credit than USC because they've done more recently.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users