17 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,904 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2012 - 04:16 AM

The Denver Broncos and the Pittsburg Steelers met on the Field for a NFL playoff game.
But there was MANY subplots...

Some weeks ago, when talking with friends, i mentioned how amazing and great it would be for Tebow to go against a QB like Roethlisberger, that these 2 human beings could really not be more diffrent. Sure enough, by the grace of God, it happen...

You had Tim Tebow, Gods Quarterback, vs Ben Roethlisberger, Mans Quarterback...
One is everything that we hate about athletes, the other everything we do not expect...
Almost the quntisential battle of good vs evil...

The faithful Virgin good boy vs the rowdy dangerous rapeist

3:16 is one of, if not, THE most recognizeable number in Christian Numerology, so, it should NOT suprise you that the number 316 was promenent in the statistics of this game.

The Tebow 316 connection!

Denver Broncos
Time of possession 31.06
Avg receiving yards 31.6
Tim Tebow throws for 316 yards

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Acts 3:16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.

1 Peter 3:16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

Overtime lasted 11.7 seconds

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

Reverse that Matthew 7:11- If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

I thought the matchup of Tebow vs Roethilisberger was going to be one for the ages, and, it turned out better then anyone could have expected, this QB matchup story is on its own a great story. Now, then you factor in the numbers? The strange conincidences?

God Bless Tim Tebow

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 09, 2012 - 04:51 AM

Tebow 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life in the playoffs.

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted January 09, 2012 - 06:42 AM

:o :o :o

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 09, 2012 - 06:51 AM

they got the win but I still don't see him as a franchise QB.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted January 09, 2012 - 07:45 AM

Figure any team has 22 players on the field between offense/defense

*Ben Roethlisberger
Isaac Redman
*David Johnson
*Heath Miller
*Mike Wallace
*Antonio Brown
Max Starks
*Chris Kemoeatu
Doug Legursky
Jonathon Scott
Marcus Gilbert

Cameron Heyward
Steve McLendon
Ziggy Hood
*James Harrison
*James Farrior
*Lawrence Timmons
*Lamar Woodley
*Ike Taylor
*William Gay
Ryan Mundy
*Troy Polamalu

Now I understand every team has injuries, especially this time of year, but that was the Steelers lineup by the end of the game, pretty much since halftime. The *'d players are players that are normally starters. They had 13 of their normal starters for this game (with Ben and Woodley being heavily effected by injury), and 10 backups, including Redman, McLendon who are 3rd stringers. Their whole defensive line was backups (starters are Aaron Smith/Casey Hampton/Brett Kiesel). Normally I still have faith in the Steelers with injuries, but when you have that many injuries, I was surprised we didn't lose worse. I've been in favor of sitting Ben in the regular season, and even in the 2nd half of this game because is injury was taking away all the strengths of his game. Yes, I am a sore loser.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:09 AM

I know the Steelers were beat up, but I still can't find a reason why they let Tebow connect with his receivers the way he did. They allowed huge, huge pass plays that the Broncos converted into points. Given that Tebow has been thrown in the dirt for being an inaccurate passer, and the fact that the Broncos really don't have a great receiver core...it's just puzzling to see that happen.

If Fox had decided to run the ball all game long, telling Tebow not to go deep, the Steelers win comfortably.

When Tebow started firing those 50-yarders, I knew it was over. Had a hunch that Pittsburgh would come back and make it a game, of course, because Ben and the no-huddle is a hell of a offense to stop late in the game...but going into OT, it was like watching reruns of a movie you've watched over and over again.

#7 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,509 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:26 AM

steeler fan here too...was watching the game at one of my favorite bars on the santa barbara harbor, and was horrified...haha, but only because i'm a steeler fan

despite the injuries, i don't think anyone who follows football thought that tebow would be able to do anything against our D...so i gotta give credit where credit is due...and will be rooting for denver in the next game because i HATE the patriots

Posted Image

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:09 AM

Ike Taylor was responsible for the Steelers loss

https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootbalFocus/status/156387513588662272

The 204 yards Ike Taylor allowed last night was the first 200+ yard game we've graded, and most allowed in 1061 games of analysis

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:40 AM

"Throw it up TOUCHDOWN on Ike Taylor." - Weezy :coffee:

Edited by GP1_KB24, January 09, 2012 - 09:41 AM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,509 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 09, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

#11 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#12 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,329 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 09, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Not on the bandwagon but I really admire his strong beliefs & his will to win. Nothing has been givin' to this guy & yet he gets his team to the playoffs & knocks off the defending AFC champs in the shortest OT game in playoff history. Just giving props where it's due.

veqdeg.jpg

#13 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 09, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Dont understand the hate for this guy. Who cares if he runs the ball? If I were his coach, I'd put him in because he just wins. Why wouldnt u have a player like that? He's the polar opposite of Lebron James which is the anti-clutch.

Posted Image

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 09, 2012 - 04:18 PM

yo.

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,319 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 10, 2012 - 06:29 AM

maybe it isnt that god admires tebow but rather god dont like Pittsburgh. :laughing:

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:08 AM

maybe it isnt that god admires tebow but rather god dont like Pittsburgh. :laughing:

Pittsburgh is a successful NFL franchise so that's definitely not it

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,352 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 10, 2012 - 01:50 PM

I ain't seen a man crush that hard since John Madden & Brett Favre.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#18 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 02:50 PM

Tebow would be the first to say that God is not rooting for one team over another. He would say God is hoping that teamwork, respect, humility, determination, sportsmanship, talents, love, faith, excellence, etc... are displayed on the field. He is a good man, with little ego and a big heart. Glad he is doing well. Win or lose against the Patriots I know Tebow has already won in life so far.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users