#1 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted January 08, 2012 - 11:18 AM

Idea: Dwight for Lebron

I just mad an argument to my cousin that I think is legit. Sorry for this not benefiting the Lakers, but we'll be alright.

If I were Pat Riley, would this trade not balance the [expletive] out of my team and make so much sense!?!? Only reason it wouldn't be DWade is because he IS Miami. He's been your guy and gotten you a chip. (Plus I hate Lebron, in a respectful way) But this would solve both teams' problems, even though Miami looks to be a clear cut favorite these days.

I know it would NEVER happen but tell me this wouldn't be a good idea
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,239 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 08, 2012 - 12:08 PM

From a value standpoint, yes it's as fair as you can get when trading superstars. Both in their prime, both can lead a team to the finals, and both fill the seats.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 08, 2012 - 12:16 PM

From a basketball standpoint, there are reasons why the deal makes sense.

But, from a competitive standpoint, there is no way Miami hands Orlando arguably the game's best player, no matter what the return. The only possible 1for1 trade Orlando can make that would represent an upgrade in talent, is likely the one you have suggested here. For Miami, they will be much better off watching Orlando trade Dwight to NJ, LA, or lose him in free agency, than to hand James over to their division rival.

Miami pulled off a coup in landing James. No way they hand him to Orlando simply because Orlando can't get its house in order, even if the return is Howard.

Now, Bosh for Howard? I suspect Miami wishes Orlando would agree to that deal.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2012 - 12:26 PM

what tha hell would LBJ do in Orlando

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#5 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted January 08, 2012 - 12:56 PM

Now, Bosh for Howard? I suspect Miami wishes Orlando would agree to that deal.

No way! I still can't believe Bosh is getting a max contract! He should be taking less, not Wade. He's not even in the top 5 PFs in the league! (Love, Dirk, Pau, Amare, Aldrige) But thats a whole 'nother subject.....

what tha hell would LBJ do in Orlando

Well, it would be Cleveland 2.0, but you know players would want to go there to play with him. And its not like he'd have a choice. He doesn't have a no trade clause.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#6 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 08, 2012 - 01:04 PM

A package of Bosh, Norris Cole, and Anthony is a pretty good offer from what I have seen out there.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#7 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 08, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Ive thought about this myself and if I was both teams I'd do it, we know Lebron can lead a team pretty deep by himself he's a big enough superstar that Orlando can build around, and for Miami the combo of Wade- Bosh-Dwight would be a lot better than their current big 3.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2012 - 10:37 PM

Orlando would never send Dwight across the state to Miami - no way in hell.

Miami is currently the top team in the league, why risk messing it up.

Also, D-Wade havent been playing up to his capabilities so far this season, and he really is a serious injury waiting to happen. I dont know why people only talk about Kobe being on the decline. Unlike Wade, Kobe is better suited for adjusting his game going forward, Wade's game is based on his speed and acceleration - when he loses that, the decline will be very steep.

#9 jwehrheim

jwehrheim

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Name:Jared
  • Fan Since:At age 10

Posted February 04, 2012 - 11:10 PM

If this trade happens, I'm convinced Miami is winning every title for the next few years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users