• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#41 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2012 - 08:58 PM

bad game? haha, bad game? are you serious? BAD GAME??? WOW!!!! TALK ABOUT A HUUUUGE UNDERSTATEMENT TO SAY THE LEAST. THIS WAS JUST WOW

YES! HE HAD A BAD GAME, HE DID NOT PLAY WELL, SHOT HORRIBLY, MISSED EASY ONES, SO YES HE HAD A BAD GAME...I COULD WRITE IN ALL CAPS TOO DOES THAT MAKE ME COOL LIKE YOU!?!?!?!? :glasses:

Edited by TheMadSci, March 18, 2012 - 08:59 PM.

The North Remembers

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:01 PM

My point is 3-20 and 7 turnovers is much much worse than simply put nicely a 'bad game', c'mon man.

yo.

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ugly game, should have fed Bynum earlier in the 4th. One of the worst shooting games I've ever seen from Kobe. It wasn't so much chucking as it was missing gimmes. Well, not until the end at least.

#44 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:05 PM

dude I get what your saying...bad game, horrible game, not efficient game, call it what you will, Im not going to over react the fact is he had a bad game, did he not? lol

The North Remembers

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:06 PM

I just can't simply call it a bad game like you. That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. It was much worse than just a 'bad game' to me.

yo.

#46 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:08 PM

At some point during a game a player needs to recognize how his off night is hurting the team. I would love to see a stat on kobe's misses and how many times those misses are fast breaks. If you miss a shot by a big underneath there is much less chance for the team to get a fast break against you. Better floor balance when you hammer the ball inside.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#47 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:10 PM

This was no doubt a horrific game, not just bad. He's had a few of those this season.

Kobe just needs to work on not turning bad games into horrific games. The Lakers can still win when he has bad games, but not horrific games.

Edited by Japago, March 18, 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#48 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:14 PM

^^^ talk about overreacting

Bro, he was 3-20. He's right.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:14 PM

pointguard and Japago back to back posts I completely agree with, just outta' +1s to show my appreciation.

Edited by    , March 18, 2012 - 09:14 PM.

yo.

#50 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 10:00 PM

Kevin Martin may not play TUES so Kobe will be really tested vs HOU's Courtney Lee, Chandler Parsons and Chase Budinger. Those 3 dudes are above average perimeter defenders and they took turns defending Durant last week and wore him down and played excellent ball denial.

Right after this game is WEDS vs Shawn Marion & Mavs. Kobe's seriously due for a good shooting game vs these guys, its been years.

He's gonna be challenged this week, lets see how he handles it

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#51 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2012 - 10:45 PM

This is how spoiled some of us are: We are fortunate enough to have the best scorer in the history of the game on our team and some of us can't live with nights that Kobe has like tonight. It happens guys get over it. He definitely took some bad shots but no one is perfect. Our weak ass defense was the main reason we lost

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 18, 2012 - 10:46 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#52 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 19, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Kobe shot terribly and although this type of shooting is uncharacteristic, I truthfully have gotten used to him not shooting efficiently. Isn't this season his worst year pertaining to FG%? What bothers me about him, is his horrendous defense. Don't get me wrong, Drew and Pau (Milsap always destroys him) played terrible defense also so they aren't off the hook. I know Kobe roams on defense but he is lazy and he doesn't put a body on his defenders nor close out on them effectively. Alec Burks should not be having a career night against this team.

Posted Image

#53 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,278 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 19, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Kevin Martin may not play TUES so Kobe will be really tested vs HOU's Courtney Lee, Chandler Parsons and Chase Budinger. Those 3 dudes are above average perimeter defenders and they took turns defending Durant last week and wore him down and played excellent ball denial.

Right after this game is WEDS vs Shawn Marion & Mavs. Kobe's seriously due for a good shooting game vs these guys, its been years.

He's gonna be challenged this week, lets see how he handles it

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You act like Kobe is a rookie

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#54 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:42 PM

His mindset of shooting his way out of a slump hasn't worked the last 2 games. It worked during the 5 game winning streak. I think it's too late in his career to change that mindset though. The Lakers will live by Kobe shooting that many times, or die by Kobe shooting that many times.

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Once again, I did not like this game by Kobe. YES, he made some clutch shots near the end or whatever, only had 1 turnover as compared to 7 last game, both good, but overall, chucked way too much, didn't have his shot going once again and thus should've moved the ball more. We were doing so well with what Sessions was giving us. Both him creating for himself as well as for everybody else (like a real point guard). God I wish Kobe would just accept to take at least a little step back. You see the box score and all of our players and that is one stat that jumps out at you BIG TIME in comparison to the rest, Kobe's horrible shooting percentage and how many attempts as well. [expletive] man. It is getting BEYOND frustrating. He can make some sort of adjustment if he truly wanted to, but that's the question, does he want to or is he willing to?

yo.

#56 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think Kobe playing a lot of minutes is really hurting him. He's playing the 2nd most minutes in the league. Sometimes, he's not getting the same lift on his jumpshots. Maybe Ramon can help in that respect. If Mike Brown gets to a point where he can trust him as a go to guy, Ramon will grab most of the minutes at PG and Blake will grab more minutes at SG.

Posted Image

#57 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 21, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Common Man get ya handles back too too many to's! get some rest playoffs are around the corner!!

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 09:29 PM

A point that hasn't really been brought up and I thought is worth mentioning. The addition of finally a true PG like Sessions bodes well for Kobe for many reasons, but specifically, this can help extend his career. IF he (Kobe) is disciplined enough and willing to let Ramon do his thing consistently and be the table setter, Kobe will expend much much less energy game in and game out and thus who knows, perhaps that could add a year or two more to his career.

yo.

#59 RichK

RichK

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Fan Since:1960
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 24, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Unfortunately Kobe tends to ignore the spot up shot and turns it into a 10 second ball stall. With 6-8 seconds left he tries to create a more difficult shot. This not only stalls the offense, it drops his shooting percentage appreciably. As the game goes on he loses stamina and I'm sure his shot percentage drops. If Kobe is the consumate professional he claims, he needs to learn to become a spot-up shooter for his sake and the teams.

#60 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,041 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted March 24, 2012 - 07:03 AM

Unfortunately Kobe tends to ignore the spot up shot and turns it into a 10 second ball stall. With 6-8 seconds left he tries to create a more difficult shot. This not only stalls the offense, it drops his shooting percentage appreciably. As the game goes on he loses stamina and I'm sure his shot percentage drops. If Kobe is the consumate professional he claims, he needs to learn to become a spot-up shooter for his sake and the teams.

Agree 100 percent. Kobe is hardheaded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users