218 replies to this topic

#201 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:18 PM

Bryant struggled against the Clippers last night.  Only 21 points on 6-15 shooting in 35 minutes, 1-5 on 3 pt shots.  

He especially struggled in the 4th quarter.  He made his last field goal at 1:19 left in the game, a 2 point FG.  Prior to that, he missed 4 shots in a row.  He missed a 2 point shot with about 30 seconds left (Lakers were down only 1 point) that would have put the Lakers on top, then he missed a 3 point shot with ~20 seconds left that would have tied the game.

Prior to that, he forced shots and committed a costly mental error during the 3rd quarter:  Bryant called a mini team meeting on the defensive side of the floor.  While this was going on, CP3 inbounded the ball to Blake32 who was sitting under the rim all alone for an easy dunk.  A pivotal point in the game.  From there, the Clippers never looked back.  

Tough on the club because Jordan Hill and Linsanity both gave excellent performances.  This loss falls on Bryant's shoulders.  

yet they were in the game due to kobe facilitating along side Lin... post like this make me smh at supposed nba fans. 

ap1.png

#202 shnjb

shnjb

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Honestly to be a clippers fan before Cp3 u must have had some psychological problems from childhood.

#203 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Boozer, Lin Past: Magic

Posted November 01, 2014 - 10:56 PM

So you calculated it for me:  Bryant shot 1-7 in the 4th quarter against the Clippers.  Tonight against GSW, he was held to ONE point in the 4th quarter, committed 7 turnovers and Lakers lost by 23.  An 0-4 start, worst in franchise history.  

Basketball is a 4th quarter game.  Hopefully, Bryant will improve in the 4th quarter.

Bryant struggled against the Clippers last night.  Only 21 points on 6-15 shooting in 35 minutes, 1-5 on 3 pt shots.  

He especially struggled in the 4th quarter.  He made his last field goal at 1:19 left in the game, a 2 point FG.  Prior to that, he missed 4 shots in a row.  He missed a 2 point shot with about 30 seconds left (Lakers were down only 1 point) that would have put the Lakers on top, then he missed a 3 point shot with ~20 seconds left that would have tied the game.

Prior to that, he forced shots and committed a costly mental error during the 3rd quarter:  Bryant called a mini team meeting on the defensive side of the floor.  While this was going on, CP3 inbounded the ball to Blake32 who was sitting under the rim all alone for an easy dunk.  A pivotal point in the game.  From there, the Clippers never looked back.  

Tough on the club because Jordan Hill and Linsanity both gave excellent performances.  This loss falls on Bryant's shoulders.  

Kobe struggled in the 4th quarter of last night's game. Yet you propose he struggled the whole game. He went into the quarter 5 for 8.

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#204 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,228 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2014 - 12:47 AM

39 points...

on 37 shots... ouch

#205 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:22 AM

39 points...

on 37 shots... ouch

In 44 minutes on 38% shooting.

So when Kobe plays the whole game we are competitive against the lower level PO teams.

We gave up 110+ points again I think THAT is the main issue.

Debbie Downer

#206 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 231 posts
  • Name:Swift
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Kobe basically made one point per shots if we deducted two points from his FGA-FGM. lol

#207 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,626 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted November 05, 2014 - 01:58 PM

Look left: Jeremy Lin

Look right: Carlos Boozer

Look in the corner: unknown player

Who wouldn't take the shot?

Kobe could avoid taking those "vengeance" shots when he's mad at refs or other players, but, after almost 20 years, we all know he's going to take them no matter what.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#208 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,311 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 05, 2014 - 04:52 PM

It is what it is.

#209 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 13, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Kobes just chucking shots at this point. 10-28 last night. when one player misses 18 shots its hard to win no matter who you have. 

On the season KBs shooting .388 now, thats 76-196 fom the field.....smh.

In fact hes taking 2.15x as many more shots as anyone else on the team.

Actually if you add up our players with the highest shots per game average after KB

[Hill (11.4),  Boozer (10.9) and Lin (8.5)]

it equals 30.8 shots per game,  246 shots total.  

KB is averaging 24.5 shots per game alone, 196 shots total.

That is grossly miss balanced. We cant win with a player shooting this poorly and playing this inefficiently. And 8 games is enough to determine a course of action. 8 games is 1/10 of the season. Kobe should be the distributor and facilitate the offense. Help his team play more competitively. What we have here is a train wreck. We may still lose but at least the team would be giving its best effort to be a better team.

Edited by LakersGAFan, November 13, 2014 - 06:58 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#210 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,746 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 13, 2014 - 09:31 AM

Kobes just chucking shots at this point. 10-28 last night. when one player misses 18 shots its hard to win no matter who you have. 

On the season KBs shooting .388 now, thats 76-196 fom the field.....smh.

In fact hes taking 2.15x as many more shots as anyone else on the team.

Actually if you add up our players with the highest shots per game average after KB

[Hill (11.4),  Boozer (10.9) and Lin (8.5)]

it equals 30.8 shots per game,  246 shots total.  

KB is averaging 24.5 shots per game alone, 196 shots total.

That is grossly miss balanced. We cant win with a player shooting this poorly and playing this inefficiently. And 8 games is enough to determine a course of action. 8 games is 1/10 of the season. Kobe should be the distributor and facilitate the offense. Help his team play more competitively. What we have here is a train wreck. We may still lose but at least the team would be giving its best effort to be a better team.

Harden is shooting the same % as Kobe but the Rockets are 7-1. You know why? because Harden actually has help. Kobe could be putting up 38 on 50% and it wont matter because he has no help on either side of the court.

#211 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted November 13, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Harden is shooting the same % as Kobe but the Rockets are 7-1. You know why? because Harden actually has help. Kobe could be putting up 38 on 50% and it wont matter because he has no help on either side of the court.

what you say is true but skewed at the same time. Harden has 54 less shots than Kobe. Hes missing at the same high percentage rate but hes only costing his team about 1/4 of the possessions per game.

Harden is averaging 10 blown possessions per game

Kobe is at almost 16.

Additionally Harden has scored 201 points to KBs 220, even though hes shooting less 8 less times per game. And FT's are not the reason for that. Kobes getting to the line 8x per game. Harden is 9x.

And 3 point shooting isnt the culprit either. Kobes taking 6 threes/game. Harden is just under 7/game.

The big separation is Harden is dishing out 7.5 assists per game and Kobe is at 3.6/game.

I'm a KB fan bro you knoooow diiis. But cmon now. Harden, even though his missing shots at a high rate is playing more efficiently and hes helping his team.
Hence James Harden is 7th in the NBA in Efficiency rating and Kobe is 41st.
http://insider.espn....nger/statistics

But as you said, having a better overall team is obviosuly going to help that. But Kobe isnt even trying to make the players around him better. I havnt seen any effort to do so at all.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#212 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,185 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2014 - 03:21 PM

If Harden is shooting a low percentage on less shots than Kobe wouldn't that mathematically make him less efficient?  Because it would mean if he shot the same shots as Kobe he'd be shooting around 30%? 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#213 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 04:14 PM

If Harden is shooting a low percentage on less shots than Kobe wouldn't that mathematically make him less efficient?  Because it would mean if he shot the same shots as Kobe he'd be shooting around 30%? 

not necessarily. However that cant be factually determined. Whos to say hed make more or less until it happens. But regardless a players efficiency rating isn't only determined by FGA and FGM. Everything is a factor.

Dont get me wrong. Harden can suck the wang. But it is what it is, I dont gotta lie. Harden will NEVER be 50% the player KB was in his prime. And even a old rehabbed KB on a crap team is still debate-ably better. But the efficiency this year belongs to Harden so far.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#214 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,185 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2014 - 04:20 PM

I think one of Kobe's biggest problems could be the year off legs.  

he always seems efficient for the first 3 quarters but by the 4th his legs are gone.  Kobe is actually shooting 44% in the first 3 quarters of games and it drops off to about 20% in the 4th.    

Still early in the season but I'd prefer if he kept his same efficiency through the entire game, because he gets the same shots that he gets early, they just aren't falling.  Could be just about getting his legs. 

If we ran a comparison, even Jordan who was very efficient when he returned after a year away shot 41% just like Kobe. 

If we compared the two it'd look like this

Jordan(after a year off): 26.9 / 7 on 41% shooting
Kobe(after a year off): 27.5 / 5 on 38% shooting

Both were taking 24 shots a game. 

Could take Kobe having a healthy year before he gets into the groove of things, part of the reason I want to see Kobe continue to be healthy from this point onward, as everything still seems to be there, it's just about getting the legs and the timing back.  

Edited by Majesty, November 13, 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#215 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 05:12 PM

he always seems efficient for the first 3 quarters but by the 4th his legs are gone.  Kobe is actually shooting 44% in the first 3 quarters of games and it drops off to about 20% in the 4th.    

Still early in the season but I'd prefer if he kept his same efficiency through the entire game, because he gets the same shots that he gets early, they just aren't falling.  Could be just about getting his legs. 

If we ran a comparison, even Jordan who was very efficient when he returned after a year away shot 41% just like Kobe. 

Could take Kobe having a healthy year before he gets into the groove of things, part of the reason I want to see Kobe continue to be healthy from this point onward, as everything still seems to be there, it's just about getting the legs and the timing back.  

all good and logical points. Additionally MJ had Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman and Kerr picking up any slack. And its not like Ron Harper wasnt there to rest MJ and give effective minutes. KB doesnt have anyone to do pick up anything.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#216 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Rookie

• 628 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted November 13, 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think Kobe also lack support characters, and dedicated Lakers to Kobe sets Scott needs to design for the team.  when you have an ex-supper-star coming back from career-ending injuries, you need to provide him with some cover.  Right now you don't see that every time Kobe have the ball.  And for the few play i saw from Kobe, he also seemed impatient at times, he shoot the ball 3-5 sec after he gets them most of the time, and often contested by double team.  

Right now the Laker's offense is not designed around anybody, which is wrong.  Any team w/ Kobe on board should design offense around Kobe and give him all the support, instead letting him run hero ball.  Lin needs to take his 15 shoots per game so the defensive will try to defend him instead of running to help guard Kobe.  Hill and Boozer need to shoot less mid rang jumpers, and man up in the paint.  That way, with Kobe operating as the first option, Lin as the second option, they can shoot a little more threes when the bigs are inside when they have a good look.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#217 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,311 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 14, 2014 - 01:43 AM

all good and logical points. Additionally MJ had Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman and Kerr picking up any slack. And its not like Ron Harper wasnt there to rest MJ and give effective minutes. KB doesnt have anyone to do pick up anything.

Exactly. Great points.

#218 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 04:52 PM

KB was 1-14 last night.

FG % is down to .367

That is the lowest percentage of his entire career over a 9 game span. Including his rookie year.

And his 9 game total +/- is at -96.

That also is the lowest of his career in any 9 game span.

:facepalm:

I forget why we were comparing Hardens stat line to KB but....

Hardens FG% over 9 games is .417.

His +/- total over those 9 games is +115.

Theres not even a comparison now. Its 2 completely different ends of the good and bad spectrum atm.

:pray: for this to be temporary and things to change. But I dont think it is.

Edited by LakersGAFan, November 15, 2014 - 04:56 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#219 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Boozer, Lin Past: Magic

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:00 AM

FG% is 37.8% now, but that doesn't tell the full story.  He has consistently taken extremely ill advised shots this season, often with ample time remaining on the shot clock.  I feel bad for the other players on Bryant's team.   What's worse is that he and Byron Scott justify his play, claiming that he was 'forced to carry the load' or something along those lines.  #unfortunate

KB was 1-14 last night.

FG % is down to .367

That is the lowest percentage of his entire career over a 9 game span. Including his rookie year.

And his 9 game total +/- is at -96.

That also is the lowest of his career in any 9 game span.

:facepalm:

I forget why we were comparing Hardens stat line to KB but....

Hardens FG% over 9 games is .417.

His +/- total over those 9 games is +115.

Theres not even a comparison now. Its 2 completely different ends of the good and bad spectrum atm.

:pray: for this to be temporary and things to change. But I dont think it is.

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users