:facepalm:

#182 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 16, 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think Kobe should just shut it down this season. Cut some weight, and regain some athleticism, work on his game. No way we're getting past the 10th seed this season. I hate to say it, but I think ESPN was generous when they said Kobe was ranked #25. Shot is off, quickness has been seriously severed, and cannot play a single ounce of defense.

He may tease us with some 20 point games, but if it continues like this... Then we're screwed. I'm pretty sure if Kobe cannot regain form this season, he will call it off. Get wll soon, Kob.

I know this is a doom and gloom post, but with D'Antoni, all our point guards being out, Gasol's childs play, and an extremely competetive west, it will be too tough for him.

If he takes the season off, he will never be the same player again. I know it's a lost season and all, but he needs to play to get back in shape and regain muscle memory. The way the season is going, Kobe won't have to play 40 a night.

#183 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2013 - 11:10 PM

he's depending on Gasol too much while other guys around him are balling.  He should be getting more passes to Hill and Young instead of wasting them on Gasol. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,556 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 11:21 PM

One of the things that's discouraging to me is a lot of his misses aren't just off by a little, but by a lot. When he's missing, he's often missing BADLY. Still have faith though that this is all about time. Sad thing is I just don't know how long it's gonna' take.

yo.

#185 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 11:29 PM

One of the things that's discouraging to me is a lot of his misses aren't just off by a little, but by a lot. When he's missing, he's often missing BADLY. Still have faith though that this is all about time. Sad thing is I just don't know how long it's gonna' take.

yeah, he's playing bad some games and Gasol as well, the problem seems to be they start solely going through each other when both are having bad games, more so Kobe to Pau than anything else and at the end of shot clocks Pau throws it back to Kobe for a long jumper.

If anything this butt kicking Kobe is getting early is able to shake the 'mellow'ness about it. 

Kobe obviously gets that he's part of the reason for struggle.  Not because of how bad he's playing but his monopolizing to Gasol trying to get him going while leaving people like Young who was hitting nearly everything today out to dry to try to force it to Gasol so Mitch doesn't trade him.

The problem is the more Kobe does it and Gasol is unsuccessful or the more turnovers, Mitch is going to realize it, he's smart enough to get that.  And if Kobe having to force the ball to Gasol every single time down is causing the team to struggle because Gasol can't help Kobe nearly as much as Kobe is trying to help him then Gasol will be shipped out faster to rid Kobe of that "distraction".

So I hope this whole experience is pushing and motivating Kobe even harder.  

Kobe is stressing patience right now, not with the ruthlessness of last year, but he's stressing patience because he's thinking about Pau.  The thing is, we don't have time to wait for Gasol to "get it" the moment Kobe said 'screw Pau' last game and focused on everyone else and getting easy shots for himself what happened? We won.  When he force fed it to Gasol today when him and Gasol were off what happened?  The Hawks got closer...and closer..and closer.. then their lead got larger..and larger.. and larger.  And Kobe kept playing with this mentality and focus of "if I can JUST get Gasol going we can do this!" but it was leaving everyone else out to dry that helped carry this team while Gasol for the most part was a non factor early in the season. 

Stop rewarding Gasol when he wasn't even the reason the team was winning games when you were gone!! Feed it to Meeks and Young and Hill and Henry, THOSE are the guys that carried this darn team, not Gasol. 

#186 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted December 16, 2013 - 11:32 PM

it hurts to see my hero struggling so badly.

ap1.png

#187 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Kobe bruh, I love you and all but I think you shouldn't be playing right now. I think you shouldn't be the one getting isos drawn up for on the team. I think you should call it quits for a couple months and get yourself right, cause for some reason MDA likes playing you 30+ minutes and I don't want to see you rupture your other Achilles

#188 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 08:54 PM

much better game today 

#189 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 17, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Only one post after a pretty good game with good defenders on him...on second night of a back to back

• 40,556 posts

Posted December 17, 2013 - 09:33 PM

^ To be fair & honest, this section doesn't get much activity to begin with. Guarantee you with 100% certainty any topic regarding Kobe & the subject matter of his play in Lakers Talk would get a ton more hits, views, & posts. It's a shame this section doesn't get more hits in the way it was originally intended. Seems it just gets kinda buried...

Tim Legler: Unfair to Judge Kobe Bryant's Performance Now

Kobe Bryant currently has 30 turnovers in 5 games. ESPN's Tim Legler and First Take's Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless predict when will old Kobe return.

yo.

#191 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 19, 2013 - 01:42 AM

Kobe looking more aggressive. That should come in handy when we get a point guard back. 

#192 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,225 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:41 PM

Cant wait to see him back...

(also, bumping this so I don't have to see the thread titled... Steve Nash

#193 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• 424 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Boozer, Lin Past: Magic

Posted October 17, 2014 - 11:52 AM

Preseason:  Bryant doing mostly postup, not taking the defender off the dribble.  

My guess is that he will be driving to the hole much more frequently during the regular season.  He's just not showing us what he has (right now) in the way of a first step towards the rim.  

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#194 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2014 - 02:28 AM

Kobe looks fine, but considering the start of the season so far - two losses, Randle out - i fear that he goes in F-U-mode and just start jacking up shots. I wouldn't mind, if it weren't for the fact that he may end up with another injury.

#195 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,308 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 30, 2014 - 10:04 PM

I think Kobe should just shut it down this season. Cut some weight, and regain some athleticism, work on his game. No way we're getting past the 10th seed this season. I hate to say it, but I think ESPN was generous when they said Kobe was ranked #25. Shot is off, quickness has been seriously severed, and cannot play a single ounce of defense.

He may tease us with some 20 point games, but if it continues like this... Then we're screwed. I'm pretty sure if Kobe cannot regain form this season, he will call it off. Get wll soon, Kob.

I know this is a doom and gloom post, but with D'Antoni, all our point guards being out, Gasol's childs play, and an extremely competetive west, it will be too tough for him.

Damn I sort of underestimated him.

#196 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• 424 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Bryant struggled against the Clippers last night.  Only 21 points on 6-15 shooting in 35 minutes, 1-5 on 3 pt shots.  

He especially struggled in the 4th quarter.  He made his last field goal at 1:19 left in the game, a 2 point FG.  Prior to that, he missed 4 shots in a row.  He missed a 2 point shot with about 30 seconds left (Lakers were down only 1 point) that would have put the Lakers on top, then he missed a 3 point shot with ~20 seconds left that would have tied the game.

Prior to that, he forced shots and committed a costly mental error during the 3rd quarter:  Bryant called a mini team meeting on the defensive side of the floor.  While this was going on, CP3 inbounded the ball to Blake32 who was sitting under the rim all alone for an easy dunk.  A pivotal point in the game.  From there, the Clippers never looked back.  

Tough on the club because Jordan Hill and Linsanity both gave excellent performances.  This loss falls on Bryant's shoulders.  

#197 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,744 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 01, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Bryant struggled against the Clippers last night.  Only 21 points on 6-15 shooting in 35 minutes, 1-5 on 3 pt shots.  

He especially struggled in the 4th quarter.  He made his last field goal at 1:19 left in the game, a 2 point FG.  Prior to that, he missed 4 shots in a row.  He missed a 2 point shot with about 30 seconds left (Lakers were down only 1 point) that would have put the Lakers on top, then he missed a 3 point shot with ~20 seconds left that would have tied the game.

Prior to that, he forced shots and committed a costly mental error during the 3rd quarter:  Bryant called a mini team meeting on the defensive side of the floor.  While this was going on, CP3 inbounded the ball to Blake32 who was sitting under the rim all alone for an easy dunk.  A pivotal point in the game.  From there, the Clippers never looked back.  

Tough on the club because Jordan Hill and Linsanity both gave excellent performances.  This loss falls on Bryant's shoulders.  

#198 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• 424 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 08:04 PM

he had a dunk in the 1st quarter :clap2:

#199 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,019 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 01, 2014 - 08:24 PM

Kobe struggled in the 4th quarter of last night's game. Yet you propose he struggled the whole game. He went into the quarter 5 for 8.

Edited by MrRJ, November 01, 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#200 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 01, 2014 - 09:17 PM

you guys can't even make it to the finals... just stop embarrassing yourself.. honestly

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)