Posted Image

#63 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:51 AM

Pretty ridiculous how many Laker fans dislike him. Pau is a 3rd option in this team and is still a top 5 PF in the NBA. Great triple-double against the Warriors.

#64 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 19, 2012 - 08:03 AM

Triple-double yesterday :rock:

The 5th of his career.

Posted Image

• 40,399 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 09:34 PM

A 7 footer should not be shooting under 50% this many times. Especially one such as Pau Gasol, with his skillset, it's downright unacceptable.

Edited by    , May 08, 2012 - 09:34 PM.

yo.

#66 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 10, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#67 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted May 10, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

#68 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted May 10, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Posted Image

Yes he's the best passing big man in the league, but he's also a liability in big games with his soft ass. Ive been hoping for a trade for 2 years now.

#69 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 10, 2012 - 10:56 PM

Pau Pau Pau :facepalm:

The North Remembers

• 40,399 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 11:11 PM

Troy Murphy: 3 points, 2 rebounds in 6 minutes.

Pau Gasol: 3 points, 3 rebounds in 30 minutes.

:hmm:

yo.

#71 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 10, 2012 - 11:31 PM

I just got home from class. What the [expletive] man. This is not acceptable.

#72 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 12:07 AM

I just got home from class. What the [expletive] man. This is not acceptable.

I think its good you didnt see it, you would have gone crazy watching this guy play..at least I did

The North Remembers

#73 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted May 11, 2012 - 09:00 AM

Troy Murphy: 3 points, 2 rebounds in 6 minutes.

Pau Gasol: 3 points, 3 rebounds in 30 minutes.

:hmm:

That's disgraceful. You want to know something even worse. Every Nugget that got significant burn all had more rebounds than Pau except for Corey Brewer. So that includes Lawson, Afflalo, Gallo, Miller, and the list goes on.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, May 11, 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

#74 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted May 11, 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm ashamed of this guy :facepalm:
Posted Image

#75 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'm ashamed of this guy :facepalm:

Karl is a smart coach. He said last night their goal is to not let Pau get assists like the did the previous games. They are rarely doubling him. He is going to have to outplay Fareid in game 7 and get deeper post position. He is not using his great height advantage well also his shot is not falling.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#76 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 11, 2012 - 11:04 AM

He is going to have to outplay Fareid in game 7 and get deeper post position.

Won't work. Not with Drew in the game...and it's not necessarily Drew's fault, as he's a traditional back-to-the-basket low post center, but the offense isn't designed for it.

We can't jump from our current offense, to a double post motion (just using one as an example, of course). Not with just one practice. There are far too many restrictions in an offense like that, and too much movement.

For example, in the double post motion, if JaVale were to front Bynum, Gasol would flash to the ball side elbow, initiating a post pin and a high low play. If McGee is behind Drew, Gasol breaks to the weak side elbow, Drew forces a double, and the pass goes to Gasol for the jumper, or a kick out to a shooter.

I mean, we actually try and set this up, but we don't begin that way. In that particular offense, both of our bigs are in the low post, opposite sides, and our three perimeter players stay outside.

We probably avoid this, though, because a team like Denver has no problem sticking one guy on Kobe while he's 25 feet from the rim. They have the help D to recover and contest anything he tries to take inside of the three, all while being long enough to stick with their man in the process.

The truth is, Bynum cannot facilitate (doesn't have that ability, but he shouldn't be trying to in the first place). I've said it for a while now. With this crew, on this team, in this offense...he can't. He has to score once he gets the ball...no waiting for doubles. It would help if Gasol was a threat, because then Pau can drag his man anywhere on the court, given his range (like Duncan was doing in San Antonio), but his lack of aggressive play is an issue as well.

#77 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yes with Drew in the game it is much more difficult however there are times when Pau should be posting deeper with Hill in. Pau has to be some offensive threat. Pau was doing pretty well earlier in the series becaue his mid range jumper was falling but he can't always rely on that and must go in the post at times. He needs to mix it up.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#78 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 11, 2012 - 11:35 AM

Yes with Drew in the game it is much more difficult however there are times when Pau should be posting deeper with Hill in. Pau has to be some offensive threat. Pau was doing pretty well earlier in the series becaue his mid range jumper was falling but he can't always rely on that and must go in the post at times. He needs to mix it up.

Sadly, when Gasol does have that opportunity, he's in there with the second unit, which is bottom five in the NBA in scoring and one of the worst defensive units in the league as well.

I'm not saying Gasol isn't to blame, though, because quite frankly, I'm sick of him not taking advantage of Faried more often, and looking to flop rather than just put the ball in the basket. Story of his career, really. Faried is an athletic freak, but he doesn't have the defensive IQ to stop Gasol's multiple post moves...it's just that Pau has the mindset of a facilitator, and both of our starting big men think they have to create for their teammates, when we actually need them to be aggressive here and there (with Drew always looking to score).

The conflict was inevitable. Pau Gasol is a facilitating center, secondary PF. We can't play two centers 30+ minutes a night together. Houston got away with it back in the 80's (for what...two seasons before Sampson was a shell of his former self), but Drew and Gasol are two different players that are trying to take in the same role in an offense that's demanding Drew to run the show (ala Duncan), and it doesn't make sense. Drew, Gasol and Sessions all can't look to create for others...and that's why we don't have a legitimate second scoring option. Without one, we are easy to beat.

#79 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 11, 2012 - 12:20 PM

give me a player thats raw but hustles over a skilled soft player

Pau Gasol is GONE

#80 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted May 11, 2012 - 03:07 PM

I've always been a big Pau fan amid all the criticisms. I even gave him a pass last year because he arguably won the Lakers game 7 of the '10 Finals. After watching this performance though.....it's hard to see him ever regaining that playoff form ever again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users