#122 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:58 PM

I can't describe the feeling of anguish and rage I had when that happened. :cry:

Edited by JSaber20, August 17, 2012 - 07:58 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#123 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,779 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted August 17, 2012 - 08:17 PM

I swear that shot looked like it was swish!!!

#124 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:23 PM

If he had made that shot I think we could have ended up winning the series. That game really gave them the momentum.

#125 lewtrs

lewtrs

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 20, 2012 - 10:48 PM

We need Steve BLaker to get back to his career stats, before he became a Laker. He has never come close to it since we signed him. Maybe it was the pressure, the Triangle, or his confidence. But if he can get back to playing like his Portland days, Nash will get more rest on the bench, and save his legs for the playoffs. Hopefully having Duhon trying to take his minutes will spark some more determination in him...But a big X Factor with our team this year, is Blake and the rest of the Bench.

#126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,033 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 21, 2012 - 02:41 AM

We need Steve BLaker to get back to his career stats, before he became a Laker. He has never come close to it since we signed him. Maybe it was the pressure, the Triangle, or his confidence. But if he can get back to playing like his Portland days, Nash will get more rest on the bench, and save his legs for the playoffs. Hopefully having Duhon trying to take his minutes will spark some more determination in him...But a big X Factor with our team this year, is Blake and the rest of the Bench.

Offense we'll be running this year plus the fact he'll only have to play one role backup PG and the fact we'll be playing pick n roll a lot more I think he'll benefit a lot from it. He should play well this year. He played well the year we got him but he got very sick and was NOT ready to come back but Phil decided to play him over Trey Johnson when he looked pale and sickly recovering from the chicken pox and as an adult it's a lot worse. This year he seemed to be finding a good groove but got that rib injury. He still had some solid games afterwards and bailed us out against some tough teams including helping majorly in that first round series against Denver. He'll be fine this year coming off the bench for us, especially because we won't be looking at him to be the focal scorer on the bench either. He's much better as a role player off that bench but last year we were looking at him to be the main scorer on it unfortunately.

Never gonna forget his first game as a Laker

But more importantly he wasn't THE GUY on that bench. He hit two timely threes before that one, and he found Shannon when he drew a double team driving to the basket for his three. But notice Blake's threes were off of Pick and Roll situations when Barnes would step out and set the screen for him to go off of. That is where he is most effective, on the draw and dish or the PnR stop and pop three. And he's good at finding people wide open when he'd go inside. The problem is, last year we didn't really have anyone that could do that consistently except Barnes, and he was on and off. This year that won't be an issue.

Meeks will be the guy he finds this time.

He'll get a lot more looks like that cause Jamison will be running the bench squad and Meeks will be counted on to score more often, so Blake will be out there keeping them honest as well while using the P&R on occasion and he IS a good passer so I'm sure he'll find Meeks and jamison a lot too. We could actually run a Blake, Brown, Kobe 1, 2, 3 lineup at that time too, which we couldn't really do this year because of our lack of depth.
Such as being unable to really do consistently what we were able to do in the video above, those Blake to Brown three point shots, imagine that with a shooter like Jodie Meeks.... yeah

If we run a lineup of Blake, Meeks, Kobe at the 1, 2, 3 expect to see more of that on those occasions.

This game was also a game Blake was able to be and actually play like what he was... a PnR point guard! We'll be running more of a similar offense with a focus on PnR when the time calls for it so I think Blake will do fine this year.

Edited by Majesty, August 21, 2012 - 02:58 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#127 lewtrs

lewtrs

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 05:12 AM

Offense we'll be running this year plus the fact he'll only have to play one role backup PG and the fact we'll be playing pick n roll a lot more I think he'll benefit a lot from it. He should play well this year. He played well the year we got him but he got very sick and was NOT ready to come back but Phil decided to play him over Trey Johnson when he looked pale and sickly recovering from the chicken pox and as an adult it's a lot worse. This year he seemed to be finding a good groove but got that rib injury. He still had some solid games afterwards and bailed us out against some tough teams including helping majorly in that first round series against Denver. He'll be fine this year coming off the bench for us, especially because we won't be looking at him to be the focal scorer on the bench either. He's much better as a role player off that bench but last year we were looking at him to be the main scorer on it unfortunately.

But more importantly he wasn't THE GUY on that bench. He hit two timely threes before that one, and he found Shannon when he drew a double team driving to the basket for his three. But notice Blake's threes were off of Pick and Roll situations when Barnes would step out and set the screen for him to go off of. That is where he is most effective, on the draw and dish or the PnR stop and pop three. And he's good at finding people wide open when he'd go inside. The problem is, last year we didn't really have anyone that could do that consistently except Barnes, and he was on and off. This year that won't be an issue.

He'll get a lot more looks like that cause Jamison will be running the bench squad and Meeks will be counted on to score more often, so Blake will be out there keeping them honest as well while using the P&R on occasion and he IS a good passer so I'm sure he'll find Meeks and jamison a lot too. We could actually run a Blake, Brown, Kobe 1, 2, 3 lineup at that time too, which we couldn't really do this year because of our lack of depth.
Such as being unable to really do consistently what we were able to do in the video above, those Blake to Brown three point shots, imagine that with a shooter like Jodie Meeks.... yeah

If we run a lineup of Blake, Meeks, Kobe at the 1, 2, 3 expect to see more of that on those occasions.

This game was also a game Blake was able to be and actually play like what he was... a PnR point guard! We'll be running more of a similar offense with a focus on PnR when the time calls for it so I think Blake will do fine this year.

#128 lewtrs

lewtrs

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 05:17 AM

Great response to my post Majesty...I'm a nubie here, so I'm still struggling to navigate through the site. I saw we can make friends, and I would love to add you as one of mine. How to do it, I have no clue. If anyone can give me a quick tutorial, or steer me to a link to give me the basics of how it all works...that would greatly appreciated and a huge help. Meanwhile, I guess I will just have to stumble along and learn by trial and error...It's wa a chore just to find my post and to see if I had any responses. Once again, would love to hear more of your insights and opinions Majesty!!!

Laker Dynasty...#17 Coming Up Baybee!!!

Edited by lewtrs, August 21, 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#129 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 21, 2012 - 04:25 PM

Blake is trash. His teammates will only make him look better.

#130 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 04:33 PM

This

With Nash and less ball isolation play things will look differently.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#131 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 04:35 PM

Blake is trash. His teammates will only make him look better.

Trash will only look worse around things that are much better. It will stand out more.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#132 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted August 21, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Blake will be the downfall of our bench just like last year

Posted Image

#133 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,033 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 10:41 PM

Great response to my post Majesty...I'm a nubie here, so I'm still struggling to navigate through the site. I saw we can make friends, and I would love to add you as one of mine. How to do it, I have no clue. If anyone can give me a quick tutorial, or steer me to a link to give me the basics of how it all works...that would greatly appreciated and a huge help. Meanwhile, I guess I will just have to stumble along and learn by trial and error...It's wa a chore just to find my post and to see if I had any responses. Once again, would love to hear more of your insights and opinions Majesty!!!

Laker Dynasty...#17 Coming Up Baybee!!!

thank you very much :) and what you'd do to add as a friend would be to click my name up there in the upper right corner and then you'll get a page that's my page basically and you select "Add as a friend" which I have just done for you :) Thank you very much for your kind words and I hope you enjoy your time here :)

#134 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 23, 2012 - 03:07 PM

Blake will be the downfall of our bench just like last year

Pretty much just giving it to kobe like always and expecting him to score.
Posted Image

#135 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,033 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Pretty much just giving it to kobe like always and expecting him to score.

like he did against the Nuggets? OH WAIT!!

#136 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted August 23, 2012 - 08:41 PM

one good game okay he gets a pass for the last 2 years he sucked
Posted Image

#137 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 24, 2012 - 12:03 AM

Don't know if the offense will really make any difference, he's not going to magically start making wide open shots just because we change our system. He's had the same wide open looks the last two seasons and has been a major disappointment. Not expecting much at all.

#138 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted August 24, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Give Duhon a chance. Have him the backup pg see what he's got. If he sucks, then have Blake in the usual rotation

#139 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 04:16 PM

like he did against the Nuggets? OH WAIT!!

He shot 42% from three in the playoffs.... and who cares he shoots 41% from the 3 in the playoffs for his career. It is the regular season that matters. Forget the playoffs.... We need what Ramon Sessions did for us in the playoffs.

Mike D'Antoni

#140 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 25, 2012 - 02:02 AM

Give Duhon a chance. Have him the backup pg see what he's got. If he sucks, then have Blake in the usual rotation

Duhon shoots 39% in his career. Also for the past 2 season he averaged like 2 assists. Blake is way better. Duhon is a horrible player that will be begging for min for the rest of his career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users