256 replies to this topic

#81 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Steve Blake has been bad on both ends of the court over the last month. I'll have to go pull his defensive stats pretty soon, already saw them the other day (for the season and for the month of April). The offensive numbers are obviously below where he should be, especially his shooting (40% is pathetic when he's getting spoon-fed wide-open jumpers all the time), but yeah...

#82 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:21 PM

He needs to keep doing this again and again and again. Hes gotta make those open shots. We need them

Props for comin through tonight

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#83 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'm not blind to his performance while he was playing on other teams, but he's really nothing impressive. He was average in Portland, average for the Clippers, and has been below average for us. I don't care about what he's done throughout his career, only what he does for us. So far, he hasn't done much in two years.

I don't need to watch 8 years worth of Steve Blake footage to realize that he's a below average point guard.

Oh I agree with your statement. Glad you separated yourself from the ignorant who call him trash. Overall during his career he has been an average backup.

Edited by pointguard11, May 06, 2012 - 11:46 PM.

"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#84 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:42 PM

He is trash. First it was the excuse he does not fit in the triangle now whats his excuse?
Posted Image

#85 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:53 PM

:lolabove:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#86 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 10:05 PM

oh boy Trollguard :laughing:
Posted Image

#87 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 10:52 PM

I hope you listened to Steve Kerr tonight Follywood. You may have learned something.

Mike D'Antoni

#88 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Steve kerr doesnt do his homework at all, he is just a stats guy.

Steve-o, i love him, he is one of my personal favorites but im not gonna defend him blindly. He has been awful after his rib injury and is not the man he was before. But youve to admit it, he puts the effort in this playoffs, andre miller is the one that burns us every time and steve-o, including mamba, was the only one to really contain him both of last couple games. İ like his effort, his defensive intensity but i just dont get why he is still so uncomfortable. He uses a pick, drives to the basket and instead of layup, he gets out and runs again. He is so uneffective and wastes a lot of 24. When he uses a fake and a flyby, he takes the long jumper and seems comfortable doing it. But driving, he just seems scared, even with no one around he makes a bad pass or gets out and calls for another pick. İ just dont get him and dont think he is changing that. He has the range, he has the vision and in fact is very fast. He is just not athletic in terms of vertical and doesnt know how to use his speed.

Keep raining those 3's though and that will be mission accomplished for you, we dont expect anything other than that

Edited by nikolatesla, May 07, 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#89 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:45 PM

I hope you listened to Steve Kerr tonight Follywood. You may have learned something.

lol nice comeback :laughing:
Posted Image

#90 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:47 PM

lol nice comeback :laughing:

actually i just toy with you 4 amusement purposes.

Mike D'Antoni

#91 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:52 PM

actually i just toy with you 4 amusement purposes.

Thats funny so do I this new "Steve Blake is clutch" is hilarious
Posted Image

#92 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thats funny so do I this new "Steve Blake is clutch" is hilarious

wow great post

Mike D'Antoni

#93 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:57 PM

wow great post

:thanks:
Posted Image

#94 Showtime 2.0

Showtime 2.0

NBA Finals MVP

• 108 posts
  • Fan Since:Bryant...to Shaq!!!
  • Fav. Laker:24 16 10 12

Posted May 08, 2012 - 11:10 AM

I didn't see it personally but one of my friends told me that Marv Albert postgame called him Steve "Kerr" Blake. Steve Kerr had to laugh and pretend he wasn't offended :laughing:

#95 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,319 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 09, 2012 - 05:20 AM

Blake couldn't guard Andre Miller last night.
There was a moment this season and the entire season before where every PG could create dribble penetration on D Fish and/or Blake.
Half that problem was solved. The other half is now more noticeable than ever because they attack him 100% of the time.

#96 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 09, 2012 - 01:13 PM

garbage again

#97 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 09, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Blake plays terrible defense. Old man Andre Miller just abused his ass in game 5.. i mean how hard can it be to stay in front of a guy who is an average shooter.

If an offensive player goes around Blake and attacks the rim, Steve doesn't seem to care, he just jogs behind him. Also, shooting piss poor 36% fg in the playoffs while being spoon fed by Kobe, Bynum and Gasol is straight horrible. Go work on your [expletive] Buzz.

#98 staykool

staykool

Rookie

• 46 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 12, 2012 - 10:51 PM

Great game today for Steve Blake! I also found this while browsing reddit haha http://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5nRPC6uw8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by staykool, May 12, 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Shh..I'm watching the Laker game.

#99 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:28 AM

where the hell has this Steve Blake been the past two years?
Posted Image

#100 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well Blake hit some timely shots and had good offensive outputs in 3 out of the 7 games. I truthfully didn't even expect that much so props to him. If he can continue to make those wide open 3's, it will do wonders for the Lakers in the second round.

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)