Photo

Steve Blake

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:58 PM

He's doing the very best he can. Cut him some slack. Could be worse. In fact, he had more points tonight than Pau!!!

yo.

#182 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Typical Garbage game by Blake

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#183 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 08, 2012 - 11:34 AM

he's averaging 30 minutes a game and only 5 points a game can we please waive this guy

#184 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:33 PM

he's averaging 30 minutes a game and only 5 points a game can we please waive this guy

Nash is averaging 4.5 PPG in 25 MPG, shooting a worse percentage than Blake AND turning the ball over more. Waive his ass, too.

At least Blake isn't coming off the bench to average 4.5 TO/PER36, like one of our PG's is doing, highest TO/G outside of Sacre (the two D-Leaguers on the Lakers).

#185 MacedonianLaker

MacedonianLaker

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Boris
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted November 08, 2012 - 03:02 PM

Sometimes he is frustring cuz he is terrible on D.I thing the main problem in our D is that PG on the other teams out run ours to easily and the opposite team is making free spots to easily.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess. "
Kobe Bryant

#186 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,496 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 08, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Nash is averaging 4.5 PPG in 25 MPG, shooting a worse percentage than Blake AND turning the ball over more. Waive his ass, too.

At least Blake isn't coming off the bench to average 4.5 TO/PER36, like one of our PG's is doing, highest TO/G outside of Sacre (the two D-Leaguers on the Lakers).

LOGIC!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#187 ssuag

ssuag

Rookie

• 199 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 06:23 PM

Dude, your analysis is just so spot on. I vote that we base all of our front office moves on two game samples from now on. How can anybody disagree with your thorough statistical analysis?

#188 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Dude, your analysis is just so spot on. I vote that we base all of our front office moves on two game samples from now on. How can anybody disagree with your thorough statistical analysis?

He likes using small sample sizes to prove points

#189 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:50 AM

Kind of like you hypocrite

stats back it up huh? 3 assists 5 points in 40 minutes he's really tearing it up while being torn up lol

#190 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Kind of like you hypocrite

PLUS the last 2 seasons!! God why does steve blake still have supporters and even this year he's logged HEAVY minutes and still not produced

#191 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 02:55 PM

First comment was sarcasm, but I shouldn't have to tell you that.

LMAO, coming from you...I seriously laughed out loud when I read your username by that post.

Guess who just got benched for the last two games, in Orlando, because he was shooting poorly and not playing within the offense? E'Twaun Moore.

Guess who is shooting 36% and playing pretty damn bad in Indiana? Gerald Green.

Guess who is starting ONLY because Nash and Blake are injured? Darius Morris, who is shooting 35% from the floor and only making spoon-fed shots, ala Smush Parker.

GTFO, lol. Nobody gave you permission to say a word about me. There isn't a single person on this site YOU can talk down on at this point.

#192 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:06 PM

First comment was sarcasm, but I shouldn't have to tell you that.

LMAO, coming from you...I seriously laughed out loud when I read your username by that post.

Guess who just got benched for the last two games, in Orlando, because he was shooting poorly and not playing within the offense? E'Twaun Moore.

Guess who is shooting 36% and playing pretty damn bad in Indiana? Gerald Green.

Guess who is starting ONLY because Nash and Blake are injured? Darius Morris, who is shooting 35% from the floor and only making spoon-fed shots, ala Smush Parker.

GTFO, lol. Nobody gave you permission to say a word about me. There isn't a single person on this site YOU can talk down on at this point.

Moore has been playing great he's been shooting 43% from the field and even 45% from three and not playing within the offense? hes averaging 4 or 5 assists a game and 12 points a game and he just had 16 today coming off the bench so IDK what your talking about

Gerald Green is playing bad I can't deny that

Darius Morris is playing his roll as just a defender and passing the ball to the starters... He's damn sure playing better than blake and atleast he had a double digit point game this season and just came off a 6 assists game and is showing improvement

Idk what your hatred is for these players but 2 out of 3 of them are playing well

#193 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Moore has been playing great he's been shooting 43% from the field and even 45% from three and not playing within the offense? hes averaging 4 or 5 assists a game and 12 points a game and he just had 16 today coming off the bench so IDK what your talking about

Gerald Green is playing bad I can't deny that

Darius Morris is playing his roll as just a defender and passing the ball to the starters... He's damn sure playing better than blake and atleast he had a double digit point game this season and just came off a 6 assists game and is showing improvement

Idk what your hatred is for these players but 2 out of 3 of them are playing well

Nope
PER 36 mins: Steve Blake: 7.1 ppg 3.4 RPG 4.7 apg 1.8 SPG 1.8 TO on .353 FG % and .400 3pt% and 1.00FT%

PER 36 mins: Darius Morris: 10 ppg 3.1 RPG 4.6 apg 0.8 SPG 2.3 TO on .350 FG% and .385 3pt% and .500 FT%

Only thing Morris has on Blake is scoring but everything else Blake wins.

Blake has had one too.

Edited by LakeShow805, November 18, 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#194 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:46 PM

You don't even watch the Magic, do you? LOL. He was benched because he wasn't playing within the offense. It was the same thing Gerald Green was doing last season for the Nets, when I told you over and over again that he wouldn't be able to do that for a team that forced him to do more than just his own thing...but you didn't listen, and now, Green is rubbish. Moore was benched for that reason.

You denying that tells me, 100% sure, you don't watch the Magic...maybe you don't have NBALP...whatever. And, as always, you will see the difference as the season progresses. It was YOU who talked about Moore's 56% shooting (or whatever it was) 2-3 games in...like you said above, small sample size, lol.

The more you talk, the worse it'll get for you, because I'm going to be on your ass all year about it. That's your mistake. You don't seem to understand that numbers will increase, no matter what, for players with increased roles or on HORRIBLE teams. Is Kevin Martin going to put up his Sacramento King numbers in Oklahoma City? Nope. He did that in Sacramento, with inefficient shooting, because that team was broken and busted. You know what Martin didn't do? He didn't play within the offense.

Regarding what else you said, about Blake...nobody is defending him. He's not that great. Neither is Morris. That's your problem, not that people seem to think Blake is a starter-level player. Neither are, and neither are good backups.

#195 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 08:33 PM

You don't even watch the Magic, do you? LOL. He was benched because he wasn't playing within the offense. It was the same thing Gerald Green was doing last season for the Nets, when I told you over and over again that he wouldn't be able to do that for a team that forced him to do more than just his own thing...but you didn't listen, and now, Green is rubbish. Moore was benched for that reason.

You denying that tells me, 100% sure, you don't watch the Magic...maybe you don't have NBALP...whatever. And, as always, you will see the difference as the season progresses. It was YOU who talked about Moore's 56% shooting (or whatever it was) 2-3 games in...like you said above, small sample size, lol.

The more you talk, the worse it'll get for you, because I'm going to be on your ass all year about it. That's your mistake. You don't seem to understand that numbers will increase, no matter what, for players with increased roles or on HORRIBLE teams. Is Kevin Martin going to put up his Sacramento King numbers in Oklahoma City? Nope. He did that in Sacramento, with inefficient shooting, because that team was broken and busted. You know what Martin didn't do? He didn't play within the offense.

Regarding what else you said, about Blake...nobody is defending him. He's not that great. Neither is Morris. That's your problem, not that people seem to think Blake is a starter-level player. Neither are, and neither are good backups.

Kevin Martin scored 23 just today and has been playing great for OKC off the bench this year

All what you said to me doesn't matter all I know is Moore is being productive when given minutes and I consider this his rookie season since he didn't get any playing time last year

#196 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Kevin Martin scored 23 just today and has been playing great for OKC off the bench this year

All what you said to me doesn't matter all I know is Moore is being productive when given minutes and I consider this his rookie season since he didn't get any playing time last year

Did you not read what I told you? He's in a better place now, averaging 17 a night on a career-high 48% FG because he's surrounded by Durant and Westbrook.

He was inefficient once Ron Artest and Mike Bibby left Sacramento...yet, he put up career highs in points and assists. Shot poorly, launched more threes, but less efficient overall. It happens when you're on a bad team with no offense.

In Moore's case, again, he did NOTHING for you to say he can have increased numbers, other than go to Orlando (where, at that point, you KNEW he would, regardless of his shooting percentage). Even Luke Walton's production, by the numbers, increased as he started for us back in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol era...and Smush Parker, as a starting PG, looked better than most other backup PG's we've ever had...on paper...because of Kobe.

You need to get it drilled through your skull. Gerald Green had what...15 or so games as a good player in New Jersey? He was allowed to do what he wanted, breaking the offense, on a bad team...and when he couldn't get it, Deron Williams was feeding him (when he was healthy). Going to the Pacers, suddenly, Green is playing in an organized offense that saw success just last season, yet he's replacing Danny Granger (their best player), and he's struggling to fit in.

You stick Darius Morris on the Washington Wizards, replacing the injured John Wall...and that team is still a train wreck (like they are now), and Morris is going to have turnovers galore, usually breaking the offense to try and take over (because it's in his nature to), and his efficiency would be as low as it is right now (under 40% FG, probably worse) with more turnovers as the season progresses.

Once you understand how the game works, you'll realize why you're actually the person pissing people off here, not Darius Morris. People don't like Morris because of you. I'm still willing to let him play every game, as many minutes as Blake (definitely not Nash) once we're all healed up, but every now and then, I think back to your ridiculous statements and just want you to stop talking.

None of us have been wrong about Morris. None of us are saying he'll be a complete and utter disaster as a backup for his entire career. We're telling you that nothing you say has any weight to it, and that we don't think he has the goods to be a legitimate starter in this league (like you said...I quoted you on this for a reason).

You call people haters, but we just think you're Darius Morris, pissed off that we're not bowing down and kissing your feet after two good games. That's the truth.

#197 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:06 PM

Did you not read what I told you? He's in a better place now, averaging 17 a night on a career-high 48% FG because he's surrounded by Durant and Westbrook.

He was inefficient once Ron Artest and Mike Bibby left Sacramento...yet, he put up career highs in points and assists. Shot poorly, launched more threes, but less efficient overall. It happens when you're on a bad team with no offense.

In Moore's case, again, he did NOTHING for you to say he can have increased numbers, other than go to Orlando (where, at that point, you KNEW he would, regardless of his shooting percentage). Even Luke Walton's production, by the numbers, increased as he started for us back in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol era...and Smush Parker, as a starting PG, looked better than most other backup PG's we've ever had...on paper...because of Kobe.

You need to get it drilled through your skull. Gerald Green had what...15 or so games as a good player in New Jersey? He was allowed to do what he wanted, breaking the offense, on a bad team...and when he couldn't get it, Deron Williams was feeding him (when he was healthy). Going to the Pacers, suddenly, Green is playing in an organized offense that saw success just last season, yet he's replacing Danny Granger (their best player), and he's struggling to fit in.

You stick Darius Morris on the Washington Wizards, replacing the injured John Wall...and that team is still a train wreck (like they are now), and Morris is going to have turnovers galore, usually breaking the offense to try and take over (because it's in his nature to), and his efficiency would be as low as it is right now (under 40% FG, probably worse) with more turnovers as the season progresses.

Once you understand how the game works, you'll realize why you're actually the person pissing people off here, not Darius Morris. People don't like Morris because of you. I'm still willing to let him play every game, as many minutes as Blake (definitely not Nash) once we're all healed up, but every now and then, I think back to your ridiculous statements and just want you to stop talking.

None of us have been wrong about Morris. None of us are saying he'll be a complete and utter disaster as a backup for his entire career. We're telling you that nothing you say has any weight to it, and that we don't think he has the goods to be a legitimate starter in this league (like you said...I quoted you on this for a reason).

You call people haters, but we just think you're Darius Morris, pissed off that we're not bowing down and kissing your feet after two good games. That's the truth.

this whole thing is really pathetic to say the least.... your stating nothing but the obvious

Moore is going to be a good player in this League this is the most minutes he's received since coming into the league hopefully he can continue to get better I knew he was going to be a good player just from the small things I've seen... the only big surprise to me is that he is actually a better ball distributor than I thought he would be and he is shooting great from 3 point land

Morris should have started over Blake and Fisher last year and I stand by that statement we had 2 of the worst PG's in the league I'd rather let Morris get out there and get some experience than let Fisher and Blake do absolutely do nothing for 48 minutes.

Of course Morris wouldn't play well with the Wizards he's STILL learning and just now starting to get into a rhythm offensively he still has a long way to go but he's still better than Blake and if we plan to keep him long term and we are looking to ship Blake out why not play Morris more

and If memory serves me right everybody has said Morris is garbage and will be in the D-League and this that and the third. I think at one point I was the only member here saying he deserved minutes before he started playing well.. but it seems like a lot of people here can't admit when their wrong about somebody and people go out of their way to prove me wrong and fail at it

#198 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:09 PM

this whole thing is really pathetic to say the least.... your stating nothing but the obvious

I'm glad you finally recognize everything I'm saying should be obvious (especially every word of that last post of mine). I will bookmark this post of yours. :clap2:

#199 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,820 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2013 - 04:26 AM

Good game last night,what the heck got into him? :laughing:
Impossible is nothing.

#200 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:14 AM

Blake has actually looked very comfortable out on the floor and truthfully I am just happy to see him with second unit instead of Duhon. He also scored some points off of dribble penetration a few times last night also. We don't usually see that. Lol.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users