#143 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:22 AM

16 points in the first quarter. ends with 19 in the game. well done ron. well done

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#144 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,204 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:01 AM

What about DEFENSE?

Ron was on OJ Mayo tonight.

The guy with the super high field goal percentage and 3 point percentage in the league(as they hyped him)

Tonight he goes 5-15 0-5 from three point land and finishes with 13 points.

MWP's defense should be credited a bit, He still does have it to an extent!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#145 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 08:06 AM

I can't really complain about Ron at all this season. Yes, he's had some bad games but he is producing at a pretty good clip and hitting the 3 ball at a respectable rate also. Artest is a career 41% shooter and this season so far, he is averaging 14PPG while shooting 43% from the field and 39% from downtown. I'll take that any day from him.

He has lost a step on defense but the guy still plays hard and competes every night. He still has the strongest defensive hands in the league also. Anyone who was expecting Ron to be an efficient player clearly has never seen him throughout his career. But if you expected him to play better than previous seasons and be effective on the floor, then that's what you are getting right now.

Hopefully he can put these type of consistent numbers for the whole season.

Posted Image

#146 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:05 PM

He's been great. I still don't like him defending the quicker wing players most of the time, but he was good on that end against Dallas.

I still think he'd be perfect at PF. That's where he should be athletically. But unless the Lakers' roster changes a bit, that's not possible.

Posted Image

#147 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:58 PM

He's been great. I still don't like him defending the quicker wing players most of the time, but he was good on that end against Dallas.

I still think he'd be perfect at PF. That's where he should be athletically. But unless the Lakers' roster changes a bit, that's not possible.

Japago giving World Peace props is this real life?

You're right though he's been terrific. 14 points, 5 rebounds, and a respectable 44 FG% and 40 3PT FG%. Keep it up MWP.
htCCl0m.png

#148 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 06:16 PM

Japago giving World Peace props is this real life?

You're right though he's been terrific. 14 points, 5 rebounds, and a respectable 44 FG% and 40 3PT FG%. Keep it up MWP.

He was bad at the beginning of the season. And before that, he was awful for the last 2 seasons. But now, he's good and has good numbers during the season as a whole.

I doubt he keeps up this type of production. But as long as he can keep his FG% above 40% and his 3 pointers in the mid 30s, he's doing a good job.

Edited by Japago, November 25, 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

#149 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 26, 2012 - 02:36 AM

And it's amazing how he is our 4th option in the starting lineup and our 5th is Steve Nash lol. 4th option averaging 14 lol

#150 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,043 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted November 27, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#151 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:16 PM

Metta world peace welcome back to your normal shooting % :laughing:

33bkfif.jpg

#152 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 04:31 AM

His shot was off today.

But his hustle was awesome and he ripped down 14 rebounds. Good effort, bad shooting though.

Then again EVERYONE shot bad today.

Still doing more as a 4th/5th option than Pau is as our 2nd/3rd :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, November 28, 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#153 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:49 AM

His shot was off today.

But his hustle was awesome and he ripped down 14 rebounds. Good effort, bad shooting though.

Then again EVERYONE shot bad today.

Still doing more as a 4th/5th option than Pau is as our 2nd/3rd :laughing:

You're really impressed by effort aren't you?

Anyway, the rebounds were great. But, he can't shoot like that. Nobody really had a good shooting day, but he's the main one that needs to take advantage of the open looks Kobe and Dwight create. He's become a needed offensive option since Pau has been really terrible and Nash is still out.

Just like I don't believe in somebody right away just because they have a good game in a bad season, I don't dismiss somebody right away just because they have a bad game in a good season. I wait for trends to develop.

So, hopefully it's just a bad shooting game from Metta.

Posted Image

#154 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,472 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Anyway, the rebounds were great. But, he can't shoot like that. Nobody really had a good shooting day, but he's the main one that needs to take advantage of the open looks Kobe and Dwight create. He's become a needed offensive option since Pau has been really terrible and Nash is still out.

Just like I don't believe in somebody right away just because they have a good game in a bad season, I don't dismiss somebody right away just because they have a bad game in a good season. I wait for trends to develop.

He was just unlucky last night. Atleast 3 of his shots went in and out.

#155 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:31 PM

the rim [expletive]ed him up. all of his shots rimmed out.

#156 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah I'm impressed by effort because I want the team to play hard even on off days instead of going into a shell. Know what I mean? So even when things are going crap having a guy like Metta who will dive into the stands for a loose ball is someone that this team needs. He never stops trying no matter the situation and provides the spark and at times defensive pressure the team needs,

I'm more impressed when a player of ours may have a bad shooting night but puts work into other areas like rebounding or defense or hustle over a guy that makes all his shots for 1 quarter and then disappears offensively defensively AND effort wise for the rest of the game.

#157 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yeah I'm impressed by effort because I want the team to play hard even on off days instead of going into a shell. Know what I mean? So even when things are going crap having a guy like Metta who will dive into the stands for a loose ball is someone that this team needs. He never stops trying no matter the situation and provides the spark and at times defensive pressure the team needs,

I'm more impressed when a player of ours may have a bad shooting night but puts work into other areas like rebounding or defense or hustle over a guy that makes all his shots for 1 quarter and then disappears offensively defensively AND effort wise for the rest of the game.

I want players to play well. I think effort should be a given.

Posted Image

#158 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:44 PM

nothing wrong with effort...I like effort. However, some players simply can't play.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#159 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 28, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Really excited about Metta this year and even if he couldn't hit anything last game, he still made an impact by rebounding and playing defense.

Perhaps Metta should be moved to the 4-spot a little more (perhaps if someone were to trade Pau). He is a bit short, but makes up for it with his amazing strength. With the help defense of Dwight he wouldn't be too bad.

#160 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Really awesome defense from Metta last night, it will go under the radar because of people focusing on offense so much but neither Igoudala nor Ty Lawson could really get off last night and Metta was a big reason fir that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users