#81 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,595 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 01, 2012 - 04:31 AM

He needs to get confidence in his shot back. I think he's got the "rookie legs" where the legs are tired at this point, you can see his shot ain't got the same arc nor does it really travel the same distance it did prior. Floater is still awesome though.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#82 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 01, 2012 - 05:59 AM

He's not being used right in the offense. He was never a spot-up shooter in college...always shot off the dribble.

Like Orlando had to do with Redick, the Lakers are going to have to find a way to get him stepping into his jumper, at the very least. He can't just stand and shoot.

Assuming he won't be able to create his jumpers off the dribble (because he's not going to have THAT many opportunities, even if he gets more minutes), Goudelock is going to have to do a little more work transforming his game into what you see with Ray Allen (using a more familiar player here), and the Lakers have to allow him to run off of screens and become more elusive, rather than the "pass, jog to spot, catch, shoot" routine they want him to practice.

Goudelock can be a dangerous three-point threat in this league, if developed correctly. He was drafted for a reason. You can't just change the player you drafted.

#83 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,595 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 02, 2012 - 03:41 PM

He's not being used right in the offense. He was never a spot-up shooter in college...always shot off the dribble.

Like Orlando had to do with Redick, the Lakers are going to have to find a way to get him stepping into his jumper, at the very least. He can't just stand and shoot.

Assuming he won't be able to create his jumpers off the dribble (because he's not going to have THAT many opportunities, even if he gets more minutes), Goudelock is going to have to do a little more work transforming his game into what you see with Ray Allen (using a more familiar player here), and the Lakers have to allow him to run off of screens and become more elusive, rather than the "pass, jog to spot, catch, shoot" routine they want him to practice.

Goudelock can be a dangerous three-point threat in this league, if developed correctly. He was drafted for a reason. You can't just change the player you drafted.

Like OKC tries to make Westbrook a point guard when he's really a shooting guard? :) But they gave him a good system.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#84 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 05, 2012 - 06:21 AM

Wold like to see him shoot a little more consistently, but the form really looks good....It is also hard to get a into a good shooting rythym when you are coming out cold off the bench......big buckets early against Miami, hopefully the hot hand continues....I would like to see him do more pick and rolls, I know Blake handles the ball a lot, but Goudelock is more of a scoring threat coming off the screen then Blake, which will spread the court better, and get us easier baskets, if he can learn how to pass the ball effectively of the screen......

Edited by wydellmd, March 05, 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#85 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted March 05, 2012 - 06:53 AM

The last I checked GLock shoots a better percentage from 3 point and the foul line than Kobe. He's about 4% behind Kobe from the field. I think he'll be fine as he grows and get's more playing time. If only he were a a PG or 6'6" :laughing:

#86 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 20, 2012 - 11:41 PM

if he was 6'6 he would have been a top 5 pick

he is out of the rotation now... which sucks...

#87 David

David

Superstar

• 7,969 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 10:57 AM

Coach Mike Brown doesn't plan to use rookie guard Andrew Goudelock in the regular rotation much anymore.

He appeared only in garbage time in the Lakers' 109-93 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday and didn't play in the Lakers' loss to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday. Brown said the reason has less to do with Ramon Sessions' arrival to the Lakers' backcourt and more to do with the postseason awaiting in a little more than a month.

"We're shrinking it a little bit," Brown said of his rotation.

Because of that, Brown in recent games has paired Sessions with multiple guards, including Kobe Bryant and Steve Blake. Meanwhile, Brown has played forward Matt Barnes at shooting guard while Metta World Peace played at small forward. Goudelock's strong outside shooting (36.2% from three-point range) helped elevate his time in the rotation, but concerns arise on whether an inexperienced player could sustain such performances in the playoffs.

'Goudelock has been good for us and had some great experience," Brown said of his rookie guard, who is averaging 4.4 points in 10.7 minutes a game. "He needs to keep himself mentally and physically ready in case his number is called. But we're about to get busy right here. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it with some guys who have been to the dance before. Metta has been there and Matt has been there."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 39,007 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 11:01 AM

^ Don't like this either. He's still one of the very few guys on our team if need be, who can at least somewhat create his own shot (at the very least with that little floater/tear drop in the lane), and easily one of our better 3PT shooters (with the most range as well).

yo.

#89 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,528 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Fire Brown. Doesn't play Hill and now Glock? [expletive] HIM

#90 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Andrew Goudelock understands reduced playing time

The competitor in Lakers rookie guard Andrew Goudelock wishes he could remain on the court. Yet, Goudelock maintained a pragmatic view regarding the plan by Lakers Coach Mike Brown to keep him out of the rotation since the postseason awaits in a little more than a month.

"It's an experience thing," said Goudelock, who's averaging 4.4 points in 10.7 minutes a game. "I'm a rookie, obviously. We got a lot of experienced guys on this team and it's close to playoff time. The knowledge and experience they have is very valuable. That's the biggest component of it that he expressed to me."

Brown first told reporters about his tightened rotation before the Lakers' 103-96 victory Friday over the Portland Trail Blazers. But Goudelock said Brown talked with him privately earlier in the week about his reduced playing time. The rookie hasn't played in two of the last three games, and his stint in the Lakers' win Wednesday over the Dallas Mavericks came in garbage time. That's a far cry from when the Lakers regularly leaned on Goudelock's 36.2% shooting mark from three-point range earlier in the season.

Instead of bemoaning his demotion, Goudelock said he'll simply work more on his game. He and rookie guard Darius Morris already arrive early for pregame workouts and stay late after practice to work on ballhandling and shooting drills.

Goudelock plans to elevate that routine by watching more film and working on drills that will improve his ballhandling, pick-and-roll execution, defense and conditioning. He also will monitor a sore right Achilles' tendon that he said he injured recently, requiring him to ice after games and wear extra padding in his sneakers.

"I understand what's going on. I just have to keep working hard. Everything will be all right," Goudelock said. "I just have to stay ready. You can never get too high and never get too low. Things like this happen. We're winning. I don't have a problem with it. Everybody loves to play so you want to be out there. But at the same time, you can't control certain situations."

LA Times

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 25, 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

#91 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,642 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:42 AM

[b]LA Times

Good read
Posted Image

• 39,007 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Still don't agree with it. I'll repeat what I said again: He's still one of the very few guys on our team if need be, who can at least somewhat create his own shot (at the very least with that little floater/tear drop in the lane), and easily one of our better 3PT shooters (with the most range as well).

& then there's Hill, all I ask is to at least find a way to give him 5-10 minutes. It wouldn't KILL us would it? C'mon, give the guy a chance. He could very well bring something different to the table than Murphy or McRoberts that could either help us more or just in a different way.

yo.

#93 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:47 PM

#FreeGoudelock

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#94 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted April 17, 2012 - 11:50 PM

Why is Blake still playing over Goudelock?

• 39,007 posts

Posted May 14, 2012 - 08:33 PM

Good game by Goudelock tonight. In the brief time he played, he already demonstrated once again his ability to knock down the 3 ball AND create his own shot. Two things this team could really use, but will continue not to.

yo.

#96 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted May 15, 2012 - 12:05 AM

İ hope he earned 5 minutes each half. He was solid

#97 24nUp

24nUp

Rookie

• 50 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 12:53 PM

We Need This In THhis Series

#98 ssuag

ssuag

Rookie

• 199 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Can't wait for next year. Goudelock better get more time off the bench. He could become a huge offensive force.

• 39,007 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 10:04 PM

If the Lakers decide to keep him in their plans for next season, then yes, certainly, there's no excuse anymore. This guy must get his deserved playing time already.

yo.

#100 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 19, 2012 - 10:10 PM

still got no playing time

mike brown can eat a dick
Pau Gasol is TRASH